MS Westerdam & MS Amsterdam-Sail Away-Jan 4, 2014

aliaschief

[/b]

Have you taken into account the size (dimensions) for the carry-on?

Yes, it is regulation size (my daughter took it to Vegas for a conference and was very pleased with it). When I first started looking into flights (I like to fly either Virgin Atlantic or BA to London) I thought the 50 pounds was a misprint. but it is still on their site. There is no way I could lift 50 pounds 6 inches off the ground much less above my head but I think it will come to about 25 pounds after the jewelry, meds, and electric adapters, converter, and chargers (they weigh a lot!) go in. I also can use the "helpless old lady" card and get some kind soul to help me get it in the overhead bin.:D

I do leave on the 7th. Most everything is packed - just have a few (about 5) tiny things that need to be tucked in somewhere. One suitcase is full, zipped and locked.

I sure give a lot of credit to those who travel for a week or more with just a carryon. Mine has changes for 3 days (trying not to open big cases in Southampton) and already is almost full and weighs 14 pounds. Luckily, British Airways allows 50 pound carryons!

I'll bet not many people sail Cunard with just a carryon. Always requires some extra luggage.

Are you staying in London or Southampton?

Roy

Scrapnana,

The Queen Elizabeth will probably feature on the TV national news when visiting Auckland.

Do you have an excursion planned that day?

Yes, we have an all day tour with Archer tours who is also doing our tour the day before in Tauranga.

Yes, it is regulation size (my daughter took it to Vegas for a conference and was very pleased with it). When I first started looking into flights (I like to fly either Virgin Atlantic or BA to London) I thought the 50 pounds was a misprint. but it is still on their site. There is no way I could lift 50 pounds 6 inches off the ground much less above my head but I think it will come to about 25 pounds after the jewelry, meds, and electric adapters, converter, and chargers (they weigh a lot!) go in. I also can use the "helpless old lady" card and get some kind soul to help me get it in the overhead bin.:D

That's good. I have to admit BA And Virgin are my favourite airlines and the extra weight is a real bonus with BA.

Edited by Mumsysailor

I'll bet not many people sail Cunard with just a carryon. Always requires some extra luggage.

Are you staying in London or Southampton?

Roy

With all the luggage I thought it would be easier to just go to Southampton. I'm spending two weeks in London after the cruise with friends who are making their first trip across the pond. I am their tour guide!

Are you visiting Rotorua from Mount Maunganui?(Tauranga)

Yes. Going to Kiwi 360 to taste kiwi fruit (which I love), to a Maori cultural centre, a natural geyser, and to "Kiwi House" and a walk through "Government Gardens" as well as scenic driving and maybe a couple of other places.

Yes. Going to Kiwi 360 to taste kiwi fruit (which I love), to a Maori cultural centre, a natural geyser, and to "Kiwi House" and a walk through "Government Gardens" as well as scenic driving and maybe a couple of other places.

It all sounds exciting! you must be getting really excited :D

Probably an Auburn- lots of hype with championship game Monday between Auburn and Florida State.

Sorry, but not Auburn's logo is an A and a U superimposed and is orange and blue. Alabama is red and white like the banner. Also U of Arizona is red and black and white... Also like the banner...

Edited by 65 Gator