Could you do a World Cruise?

Lauranne

As I watch our CC friends embark on a World Cruise for 113 days, I wonder if I could do the same. My DH says he couldn't be on a cruise that long but I think I could. So my question is, Do you think you could be away for 113 days if money was no object or are of the mind similar to my husband and think that is way too long to be away from home?

Two Frantic guests are rushing from the airport and the ship is waiting.

Amsterdam is still tied up in Port Everglades and those guests were rushed into vehicles to get them to the waiting ship. How happy will they be to see that blue hulled beauty?!! :)

I want to say I could, but in all honesty, I think I'd get tired of being away. So far, fifteen days is about my maximum away from "home" time.

21 days is my absolute maximum...like you, I'm most comfortable with 14 day cruises. After that, I truly get sick of ship food. And miss our dogs!

I honestly don't know. The thought of it is wonderful (and if $$ was no object, even more wonderful) :D But in actuality I think I'd be happier on a grand voyage, something about half the length. I would miss my home, family and garden....and right now we have a first grandchild to spoil. :p:D

As I watch our CC friends embark on a World Cruise for 113 days, I wonder if I could do the same. My DH says he couldn't be on a cruise that long but I think I could. So my question is, Do you think you could be away for 113 days if money was no object or are of the mind similar to my husband and think that is way too long to be away from home?

Not sure? The longest cruise we have done is 23 days. Would need to try 30-40 days to see if I have any problems with that length. But we do love to cruise and have looked at the World cruises. The planning would be the biggest obstacle. We tend to try and cover ALL the bases for our cruises.

21 days is my absolute maximum...like you, I'm most comfortable with 14 day cruises. After that, I truly get sick of ship food. And miss our dogs!

I hear you. Fine dining is lovely, but I found by the last week of my 22 days cruise I was ready for a plain cheese sandwich:D I loved every minute, but I was ready to go home on the last day.

I have done a number of summer vacations that were 6-10 weeks long so I don't think 19 weeks will be a problem for me. Since I hate to cook, the idea of someone making food and serving it to me sounds like heaven.

You don't have to win the lottery to do a world cruise. I saved (slowly at first but more each year) for 17 years to do a world cruise.

If you want to see if I love it (and have to be dragged off kicking and screaming) or can't wait to get off (highly doubtful), you can read my blog.

http://kathisworldvoyage.blogspot.com/

Edited by Scrapnana

45 days is the longest we've gone and it was wonderful (Prinsendam!), but it did show me that I enjoy doing the research and planning for the places we visit and a World Cruise is just too much at one time to enjoy (IMO). Like others, I'd prefer doing the Grand Voyages to take in one part of the world at a time.

All things being equal - yes. We've done 30 + day cruises and could have easily carried on to the next segment :D

Right now though we have dogs to care for and while I don't mind leaving them for a very few weeks (they love where they go and are well cared for), that is just too long.

The Grand Voyages really appeal to me as well :D