Door Decorations

gaylemh

Does anyone know if you can use the removable wall stickers to decorate your cabin door?

You can put anything you want on your door. (tasteful things, of course. ;)

What are removable wall stickers? Do you mean static clings?

BTW, the doors are metal. I recommend something with magnetic backing.

Edited by Merion_Mom

You can put anything you want on your door. (tasteful things, of course. ;)

What are removable wall stickers? Do you mean static clings?

BTW, the doors are metal. I recommend something with magnetic backing.

It's decals like these.

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Submarine-Nursery-Sticker-Decals/dp/B00CXWIL6I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389934855&sr=8-1&keywords=removable+wall+stickers+fish

We decorate for New Years (Happy New Years sign) by bringing packing tape and taping the sign (guess we like to be "silly"). It's no problem. Only thing is that there is a better than even chance that someone might steal the sign (I guess others like to be "silly" too).

I do see "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary" signs also (more "silly" people).

I also know some people decorate to make it easier to find their cabin (either for them or their party). Oh those "silly people."

Since they are removable, I cant see any problem. For our Christmas cruise just gone, I had 2 cardboard Christmas decorations (Santa & a wreath) on our cabin door. They were stuck on with suction caps at the top and extra blue tack at the bottom. Got lots favourable comments and they were still there at the end of our 10 days sailing.

Edited by aussielozzie18

We are also "silly" because we decorate our cabin door. We will either put something on the door pertaining to the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey team or just some design made with blue tape. The designs are really nothing but you the comments we get from people wanting to know what they mean is a very good ice breaker to meet your neighbors. The decorations are always still there at the end of our cruise. This also makes it easy to find your cabin since all doors look the same. Happy cruising and looking forward to seeing many "silly" people on our next cruise.

Never seen rules but magnetic works best. I've seen stickers leave glue on the door, hard to remove, or the paint actually sticks to sticker when removed. All doors are metal making it easy to use and remove.

You can glue magnets to anything. I order them from E-bay or your office supply has them.

Edited by dealer9296

We decorate for New Years (Happy New Years sign) by bringing packing tape and taping the sign (guess we like to be "silly"). It's no problem. Only thing is that there is a better than even chance that someone might steal the sign (I guess others like to be "silly" too).

I do see "Happy Birthday" or "Happy Anniversary" signs also (more "silly" people).

I also know some people decorate to make it easier to find their cabin (either for them or their party). Oh those "silly people."

Silly it is I guess! Really wasn't trying to knock it. Just think it's interesting how this has become such a "thing" for cruising in particular. Like i said, I never see it at land based resorts. Just curious how it came to be.... But by all means, decorate away!

My husband celebrated his birthday while we were on Grandeur last August. I purchased a cardboard Happy Birthday sign and taped it to the cabin door. All week as people saw us coming and going from our cabin they gave him a Happy Birthday greeting, and our neighbor across the hall added some balloons to the door. It was a very fun birthday week for my DH:)

We did the Christmas Bahamas cruise out of New Orleans and I taped a wreath (made out of scrabook-type paper) on our door. It had a banner at the top in chalkboard paper and every day we wrote something different, i.e., the first day we wrote "Think Snow"! Another day we wrote "Go Seahawks". Several neighbors said they couldn't wait to see what we would write for the day! This was the first time we had ever decorated our door and I think from now on I'll always decorate our door.

Guess I'm one of the silly ones but we had fun doing it and everyone else enjoyed it! :)

The craft stores sell 8 1/2 x 11" magnetic sheets that are great for door decorating. You can print anything your heart desires on them!

Nobody has mentioned, don't put any decoration on your door that you would not want to lose. Door decorations have been known to disappear.

Edited by Goes Cruising

We cruise every Halloween and we put a full-sized Halloween themed door cover on our door every year. We'd do the same thing to our door at home on Halloween if we weren't cruising, so I don't think it's too silly. We just use clear packing tape to put it up and cut a hole where the stateroom number is. We never mistook staterooms the entire cruise.

It was pretty funny this year as the door cover had a huge "Keep Out" on it. I always got strange looks from younger kids in the hallway if they saw us coming in or out of our room.

Count me in the silly group! I love decorating our door at x-mas with the plastic tree ornaments strung on ribbon. They will hang on the door number. Lots of times I just cut sayings or pictures of each day's port on magnets and place on door. Even placed little magnets on our honeymooning son and new daughter in laws door, secretly .(of course they knew who the silly person was....but that's just me!) I also love to look at what others put on their door so please,...decorate away!

Just think it's interesting how this has become such a "thing" for cruising in particular. Like i said, I never see it at land based resorts.

Maybe not most land resorts... but it's definitely the norm at Walt Disney World hotels. :) Way more elaborate than cruise ship doors! And the staff (the "Mousekeepers" :) ) often get in on the fun too, arranging stuffed anumals and whatnot into cute window displays while you're out for the day.

So, cruises aren't the only place we're silly. :D

-gina-

I never understood this phenomenon on cruises. I don't tend to see people decorating their hotel room doors at land based resorts. It just seems so silly to me...

If it makes someone happy... (I've never been in a hotel for 10 days & I've never been to a land resort - not my thing, so the amount of time in the location wouldn't make it practical.)

I like silly. We are 10 cabins of friends going on Allure next Jan. I'm definitely going to make some kind of decorations to put on everybody's door. I'm a Disney lover too, so decorating hotel doors isn't anything new to me. I love the decals. Let me know if you use them and how they work out for you.

I have decorated our doors on our last 2 cruises after a friend told me about it. If you go to the Dollar store, they have decals for cars, scrap booking etc we picked us fishes, beach theme items. They stayed on the doors untitled we removed them and they were reusable. I even did our kids 3 cabins on our last cruise and they though it was done but the staff until I told them it was me. They loved being able to find their cabins so easily.

My roomie and I are going to put up a magnetic dry erase board. Figure we'll make new friends onboard and figure this will be a good way to pass messages without having to deal with the phone. I loathe talking on the phone.

If it's in the hallway. anyone can erase it or change the messages. You can use it to make friends, but, messages for each other should be inside your cabin.

I decorated my door this past Christmas with $1 magnets from the Dollar Store.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv39%3A8%3Dot%3E393%3A%3D7%3B3%3D%3C25%3DXROQDF%3E27%3A%3C2%3B46%3B9257ot1lsi