Anybody have a idea what carnival is announcing today.

pj woods

There have been a few threads that have been deleted almost as soon as they were posted saying that the big announcement has to do with big artists performing on select sailings. Artists like Jennifer Hudson, etc. Admission to the concerts would not be free (charge would be $50-$90).

Don't know if there's any truth to that, but I find it interesting that all those threads have gone poof almost immediately.

If that is it I can see it now. 1'000's of post on here within an hour saying how CCL is trying to rip off the passangers. Of course 6 months from now when RCCL or NCL comes out with it, these same people will be on here tellling how much they for the passangers by bring in these great acts at such a low price.

The return of tablecloths to the MDR but the removal of napkins - guests will only have to wipe their hands and faces on the tablecloth instead.

This is funny.

Thank you.

DH says that the announcement will be that all Platinums will become gold again.

My guess is that they are planning to redo Sunshine and turn it back into Destiny.

Whatever it is, I am sure we will discuss it here forever. Some will loudly proclaim it an upgrade. Others will try to convince us it is a cutback. Names will be called. Threads will go poof! :)

After reading everything else that has been speculated here this is the only thing I can assure you will be correct. :D

Manhattan as home port for Vista is my vote ;)AND it will sail in the winter months to any other places than Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. :p

I thought John Heald said on FB that the announcement wouldn't have to do with Vista. But that could be a throw off. Who knows what it is. I have a feeling it's bigger than new entertainment. But we'll see in a few hours. Is it being broadcast live?

There have been a few threads that have been deleted almost as soon as they were posted saying that the big announcement has to do with big artists performing on select sailings. Artists like Jennifer Hudson, etc. Admission to the concerts would not be free (charge would be $50-$90).

Don't know if there's any truth to that, but I find it interesting that all those threads have gone poof almost immediately.

That is very strange.

And unsettling.

And hopefully the itinerary will be something besides Port Canaveral-Nassau-Freeport. :rolleyes:

I live in Georgia and I've actually CONSIDERED :eek: flying to NYC and putting up with that horrible itinerary just to try the Norwegian Breakaway or the Quantum of the Seas, but common sense always wins. Won't do it for those two ships, I doubt I'd do it for the Vista either.

Take another look at their websites. Quantum is sailing plenty of Bermuda and Carribean sailings. Not that many Bahamas/FLA on Quantum. NCL's Breakaway sails to Bermuda from May to October. Breakaway also doing three 12 night sailings to Carribean next year.

Edited by NYcruzzer

Why would they have a big announcement at the beginning of 2014 for a ship that won't even be ready to sail until 2016?

Not happening - it will be something that will affect the entire fleet, imo.

Also, with the way the weather has been in the Northeast, I can't even begin to imagine that CCL's newest ship would have a home port anywhere with crappy weather 4 months out of the year.

Manhattan as home port for Vista is my vote ;)AND it will sail in the winter months to any other places than Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. :p

I agree. Why else would they make this announcement in snowbound frost ridden NYC. Also along with the Vista being homeported here, an announcement about a new pier funded by NYC is very possible.

Someone is performing at this announcement and JHud was just in Baltimore yesterday--so it's possible.

Unless I am mistaken, the last time that they had an announcement in NY it was for the 2.0 changes on the Liberty. My guess is that they will finally announce what the Freedom will see in the drydock.

Why in NY and not Miami? I think that they wanted a big name entertainer to add pizzazz, and are working around their schedule.

Regardless, we will know later this aft.

Well his FB shows it's his birthday today and something about losing his sausage on his birthday. TBH I didn't bother to scroll through the many bday wishes... Had a chuckle at what I read... Thought that fellow CC members might as well ;)

I thought John Heald said on FB that the announcement wouldn't have to do with Vista. But that could be a throw off. Who knows what it is. I have a feeling it's bigger than new entertainment. But we'll see in a few hours. Is it being broadcast live?

What site is the live broadcast?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If a "top name" entertainer can sell a ticket for $300...why would he perform on Carnival for $50-90? And the potential audience size is so limited anyway.

I'm guessing that they may have one or two real big headliners to draw media attention, but the other cruises may feature b-list artists or "have beens". Something like Kool and the Gang, Huey Lewis and the News, The Beach Boys, or KC and the Sunshine Band, etc (this is the kind of stuff that comes to the little amphitheater in my town).

Here we are speculating about entertainment and for all we know, the big announcement could be a new "secret" recipe for the Chocolate Melting Cake! :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if I should be watching Facebook for the announcement or stay right here to learn why it's bad for us?

Broadway on Carnival!! will be announced, a revue of the most popular shows of Broadway with a Carnival twist. Cats will tie in with the new Dr Seuss characters and Les Miserables will tell the story of the results of the new MDR menus. ;)

I'm guessing that they may have one or two real big headliners to draw media attention, but the other cruises may feature b-list artists or "have beens". Something like Kool and the Gang, Huey Lewis and the News, The Beach Boys, or KC and the Sunshine Band, etc (this is the kind of stuff that comes to the little amphitheater in my town).

Here we are speculating about entertainment and for all we know, the big announcement could be a new "secret" recipe for the Chocolate Melting Cake! :rolleyes:

I would enjoy that kind of music, but would not pay extra for it.