Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Erik and Bill please check with Royal to see if your April 2016 Hawaii cruise qualifies. I noticed the September 2015 Hawaii cruise did and you guys will hopefully save some $$

And super peeved as always that the 50% off second person doesn't equate to a smaller single supplement - Bah humbug! :(

Erik and Bill please check with Royal to see if your April 2016 Hawaii cruise qualifies. I noticed the September 2015 Hawaii cruise did and you guys will hopefully save some $$

Yes, it did. I had it reduced earlier today. Thank You =)

Singles pay 150% rather than 200% on this sale.

No they don't.

I've tried pricing 8 itineraries from 5 different ports because I was so excited at the prospect and all were 200% and it was specifically addressed in the T&C's as not applying to single occupancy.

No they don't.

I've tried pricing 8 itineraries from 5 different ports because I was so excited at the prospect and all were 200% and it was specifically addressed in the T&C's as not applying to single occupancy.

this is absolutely not true. I don't know who is telling you this or how you are pricing these. I'm a single cruiser and all my cruises for 2015-2016 were adjusted yesterday for the sale to the 150% single rate. My TA and I had no problems what so ever adjusting the prices. and I had contacted crown & anchor prior to doing this and they said yes singles qualify for the 150% rate.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

this is absolutely not true. I don't know who is telling you this or how you are pricing these. I'm a single cruiser and all my cruises for 2015-2016 were adjusted yesterday for the sale to the 150% single rate. My TA and I had no problems what so ever adjusting the prices. and I had contacted crown & anchor prior to doing this and they said yes singles qualify for the 150% rate.

Great, must be another one of those "let's screw over the Aussies" deals even though it's advertised on our banner.

See link point 11:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/contentPage.do?pagename=bogoho_may_faqs

11. Will guests travelling alone in a stateroom get the BoGoHo offer?

No. This offer does not apply to sole occupancy bookings.

Edited by madelk

Great, must be another one of those "let's screw over the Aussies" deals even though it's advertised on our banner.

See link point 11:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/contentPage.do?pagename=bogoho_may_faqs

If a better offer is available in the US couldn't you just book through an online US TA or Royal's US website?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If a better offer is available in the US couldn't you just book through an online US TA or Royal's US website?

Geoff - I've never had success booking through RC's US website - I can forcibly browse it for prices but once I login with C&A details it reads the residency and has always forced me back to the AU site. :(

I'll look into the US TAs - I've used one with success to get a US deal during a "wave" season but they have a pretty severe cancellation penalty and I'm yet to find one with no penalties that will accept my booking - knocked back 5 times now in the past 18 months. And with the unknown still around Explorer and Quantum (and Legend) for Q3/Q4 2015 which is the timeframe I'm looking at, I wouldn't be wanting to lock myself into something else if either of them are suddenly offering something better in the way of a "local" or spectacular repo :D At least this sale is a couple of weeks long so I don't have to decide now (I'm not picky on cabins yet!) and I haven't got my heart set on anything. :rolleyes:

I think that the only possibility left for New Orleans would be the Legend.

Legend of the Seas is rumoured to be based here in Brisbane Australia over Christmas 2015 - Easter 2016. If the updated port schedules this week in Darwin, Sydney and Hong Kong are right the chance of seeing Legend of the Seas in the Asia Pacific area looking good June 2015 - May 2016.

Speculation is also growing that Quantum of the Seas will be based in Sydney Summer 2015/16 and Explorer of the Seas will probably return to the USA for Winter from England. An announcement expected next week on Oz 2015/16.

Geoff - I've never had success booking through RC's US website - I can forcibly browse it for prices but once I login with C&A details it reads the residency and has always forced me back to the AU site. :(

I'll look into the US TAs - I've used one with success to get a US deal during a "wave" season but they have a pretty severe cancellation penalty and I'm yet to find one with no penalties that will accept my booking - knocked back 5 times now in the past 18 months. And with the unknown still around Explorer and Quantum (and Legend) for Q3/Q4 2015 which is the timeframe I'm looking at, I wouldn't be wanting to lock myself into something else if either of them are suddenly offering something better in the way of a "local" or spectacular repo :D At least this sale is a couple of weeks long so I don't have to decide now (I'm not picky on cabins yet!) and I haven't got my heart set on anything. :rolleyes:

We get Royally screwed down here don't we.

Best of luck. :) .

... Explorer of the Seas will probably return to the USA for Winter from England. An announcement expected next week on Oz 2015/16.

You think she will not be sent to Australia after her Southampton season?? :confused:

I think she will head to Australia, because Quantum is expected for China...

So IMHO in 2015/16 those following ships are operating on the Asutralia/NZ routes: Radiance, Explorer, Voyager, Legend.

Just random: Although the summer 2016 season will most probably be announced in spring 2015, it seems the Oasis newbuliding (delivery 2016) will do Europe - because you can book Allure's Caribbean cruises until May/June 2016...

You think she will not be sent to Australia after her Southampton season?? :confused:

I think she will head to Australia, because Quantum is expected for China...

So IMHO in 2015/16 those following ships are operating on the Asutralia/NZ routes: Radiance, Explorer, Voyager, Legend.

Just random: Although the summer 2016 season will most probably be announced in spring 2015, it seems the Oasis newbuliding (delivery 2016) will do Europe - because you can book Allure's Caribbean cruises until May/June 2016...

Max it is the way Royal Caribbean are advertising in Australia about Quantum of the Seas that is why I have put a question mark on Explorer of the Seas. To take Quantum out of China's Winter and send to us for our Summer makes sense.

An announcement from Royal due this week on the Oz 2015/16 season but for now Explorer of the Seas is still coming to Australia.

Max it is the way Royal Caribbean are advertising in Australia about Quantum of the Seas that is why I have put a question mark on Explorer of the Seas. To take Quantum out of China's Winter and send to us for our Summer makes sense.

An announcement from Royal due this week on the Oz 2015/16 season but for now Explorer of the Seas is still coming to Australia.

How is Royal advertising Quantum in Australia that it makes you think it will be based there?

Ahh, but you cannot book OASIS beyond April 2016... So just as likely Oasis goes across the pond and Oasis 3 comes to Florida. All we know as of now is that Oasis 3 debuts mid-2016.

Objectively, it makes a lot more sense for them to send Oasis to Western Europe to compete with Epic, where she will command a premium like Allure's next Summer. Then, you send Oasis 3 to the Caribbean where she will command a higher premium than Oasis would because she will be the new ship on the block.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

How is Royal advertising Quantum in Australia that it makes you think it will be based there?
I think it's due to the fact that every mention of Explorer coming to Australia, has been removed from the Australian website, and every banner on there now advertises Quantum. It's just weird! Edited by Royalty X

I think it's due to the fact that every mention of Explorer coming to Australia, has been removed from the Australian website, and every banner on there now advertises Quantum. It's just weird!

Do you have a link to that website? I'm keen on checking that out. :D

RCI use geoblocking so I don't think you'll be able to see it in Singapore. It's just http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au

Yep nvm thanks anyways! I just changed the country to Australia, seems to be that they are indeed heavily advertising Quantum... Interesting... Why can't they just reveal their plans already. ughh... This waiting is killing me.

Hi,

ok, we cannot really rely on articles, because they are do not give 100 % security about the final deployments.

Even newspaper articles reported that Navigator will sail from San Juan in 2015/16, and that Adventure will sail from Southampton in 2015 - both are doing different itneraries now.

I think we know it when RCI announces something official, so although Explorer is currenty scheduled for Australia, I would not think it is 100 % sure.

You are right - maybe it could be an option to send Quantum to Australia between Nov and April.

Soon we should know more...