Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

We felt the same way, will just spend a few extra days in Hawaii. We loved the Solstice so much and wanted to go on the ship again. We called and booked a cabin before the prices increase. I was surprised the Radiance is starting so much higher for balconies but it worked out for us since the Solstice was our favorite ship. :)

So, are you going to be on the April 26, 2016 sailing? Awesome! We are definitely going to book while on the Jewel as soon as we can get an appointment with the LA!:cool:

So, are you going to be on the April 26, 2016 sailing? Awesome! We are definitely going to book while on the Jewel as soon as we can get an appointment with the LA!:cool:

Yes. Can't believe I booked this 2 years in the future (think we did that with Quantum also). It will be our first time to Hawaii so very excited about this cruise. As it gets closer I will start researching hotels, shore excursions etc. It's a good thing we have a few cruises in between to help us pass the time. :D

Yes. Can't believe I booked this 2 years in the future (think we did that with Quantum also). It will be our first time to Hawaii so very excited about this cruise. As it gets closer I will start researching hotels, shore excursions etc. It's a good thing we have a few cruises in between to help us pass the time. :D

We are sailing Saturday on a B2B, so will check in with you when we get back! Why don't yous start a Roll Call and I will look for it upon our return.:)

Price wise it is great to book so far out. The only issue we have had is twice we have had cruises cancelled on us that we booked a long ways out, and we have only been on seven cruises. Not a great track record.

But getting the cabin and a decent price is a good trade off. :)

Price wise it is great to book so far out. The only issue we have had is twice we have had cruises cancelled on us that we booked a long ways out, and we have only been on seven cruises. Not a great track record.

We have had two cruises cancelled on us for that reason, too. but like you say, it's worth the risk.

I was getting a little nervous with our Quantum cruise since we are on the ship right before it goes to China but it's not leaving until after our cruise. (of course things are always subject to change)

Alan? He is not one of our regular CDs....

I have a friend onboard Serenade for the TA and he emailed me that the cruise director is Bobby Brown.

Could Alan be the activities manager?

Sorry, it's not Alan, it's Bobbie, a Scot from St Andrews.

Did I miss something? Weren't itineraries for Oz /NZ due to be announced today?

Delayed by a week. Technical difficulties was given as the reason. Maybe they wasnted extra time to organise some big announcement.

Sigh, they pulled the pricing back off on the Radiance Hawaii 2016 cruise. Guess they really weren't ready yet. :(

I booked a cabin early this morning for Sept 2015. Had to send back my signed docs etc and found out thru my TA that after about an hour of booking the cruise is officially blocked out (They said coded "red" meaning no more bookings), they couldn't add deposits, change res#, nada. So to officially complete the booking I had to pay the full deposit and now wait to see what RCL is doing... change of itinerary? dates??

Well once again I get to experience Royal Caribbean at their finest. This morning the Radiance Hawaii to Vancouver in April 2016 showed up on the website. So I checked cabins and found 8168, a terrific aft corner cabin open and I put a courtesy hold on it. I then emailed the reservation number to my T/A. I want him to move a current booking into that cruise.

He calls me a few hours later to say he called it in but Royal is saying that is a closed cruise. In fact the person tells him there was no way I could have put the hold on a cabin in the first place. Obviously that person was a real rocket scientist as we had a reservation number. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I called the C&A desk and they confirmed the revenue department had closed the cruise and my hold was dead.

Sigh, thank you RCI for the emotional roller coaster today as I was already picturing myself on that terrific balcony. :(

Sigh, they pulled the pricing back off on the Radiance Hawaii 2016 cruise. Guess they really weren't ready yet. :(

What is your guess for the reason of this move? Also, would there not be another ship moving to Alaska in April/May?

Maybe

They are going to do California to Sydney in one cruise instead of 2 like other companies.

Hey springaussie,

I have been thinking about this scenario too, perhaps using the end point of a Panama traversal (San Diego) as the departure point for the TP. Legend is the obvious ship given the current deployment situation. Further thoughts?

I want a twice yearly Cali to Sydney TP so I can do my annual trip between Sydney and the US by ship rather than fly both ways. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey springaussie,

I have been thinking about this scenario too, perhaps using the end point of a Panama traversal (San Diego) as the departure point for the TP. Legend is the obvious ship given the current deployment situation. Further thoughts?

I want a twice yearly Cali to Sydney TP so I can do my annual trip between Sydney and the US by ship rather than fly both ways. :D

Hi Geoff.

How many more mind games can they play?

By withdrawing the Hawaii Cruises from sale the only two things I can think of is Sydney to USA mainland in one go or Voyager to do Alaska instead of Radiance.

Quantum to replace Explorer in Oz I still think is very possible.

If Legend comes here to Brisbane what works Panama Canal?

Hi Geoff.

By withdrawing the Hawaii Cruises from sale the only two things I can think of is Sydney to USA mainland in one go or Voyager to do Alaska instead of Radiance.

I cannot imagine Quantum to Australia after such a big deal was made over move to China.

Hi Geoff.

Good thinking...

By "Voyager to do Alaska instead of Radiance" do you mean Voyager would be used in Australia and Alaska (ie Singapore loses out)? I think that's a real possibility - they would easily sell the cabins on the TP's at a good price plus they can ditch the low yielding Voyager Singapore - Sydney repos. The current situation of having only one ship operating between Australia and Alaska/US is a lost opportunity for Royal.

I'm not sure how a US West coast to Australia route would operate best: Vancouver - So Cali - Sydney or Caribbean - Panama - So Cali - Sydney? I see Cunard do the San Francisco to Sydney run in about 19 days, but I think their ships are faster - so it's a long cruise for Royal. The latter option would mean having the ship in the Caribbean in the hurricane season, but this is also the profitable US school holiday season.

On the Panama question, Jewel is traversing the Panama twice a year and they could easily deploy a different Vision class ship to do more transits. Easy.

Consider this... The delay of Royal's deployment occurred just after Princess' announcement to deploy 5 ships to Australia. This may well have caused the (apparent) re-think at Royal. This may lend weight to the Quantum in Australia hypothesis.

I cannot imagine Quantum to Australia after such a big deal was made over move to China.

I think the theory is that Quantum could come to Australia only for the cold Chinese winter.

Geoff and Springaussie,

Wouldn't Voyager be the wrong class of ship for Alaska. When I went to Alaska, I was (and almost everyone onboard were interested in the scenery, and the Radiance class has plenty of viewing (glassed) areas for this. On Voyager there is not the same viewing areas. Also, Radiance class ships burn a lighter grade of fuel with been a GTV vessel, than Voyager. This was commented by both captains onboard (Captain Goran at Christmas and Captain Sindre at the beginning of April)

Geoff and Springaussie,

Wouldn't Voyager be the wrong class of ship for Alaska. When I went to Alaska, I was (and almost everyone onboard were interested in the scenery, and the Radiance class has plenty of viewing (glassed) areas for this. On Voyager there is not the same viewing areas. Also, Radiance class ships burn a lighter grade of fuel with been a GTV vessel, than Voyager. This was commented by both captains onboard (Captain Goran at Christmas and Captain Sindre at the beginning of April)

Good points. Radiance is ideal for Alaska and Voyager isn't. Any other ideas why Royal may have frozen the Radiance TP?

Good points. Radiance is ideal for Alaska and Voyager isn't. Any other ideas why Royal may have frozen the Radiance TP?

Quantum Repo maybe? they could have similar routes if Quantum is repositioning by TP route.