Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

So do we have any speculation on what ship is or if they are going to continue the same trips that Legend is currently on out of FLL? We did this cruise on Vision in 2012, and would love a bigger ship to to the 11 night. It had 2 sea days followed by Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Vincent, Bonaire, Aruba, then 2 sea days. I think someone mention earlier that possibly Serenade is going to be doing this trip. After her snowbird cruise from Quebec City, she is ending the cruise in FLL.

Legend is doing 9, 10, and 11 night cruises.

Thanks

Liberty is going to Galveston, it was announced this past week on the Navigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By who? And I think the question is more "when" than "if".

By process of elimination, she should be going to Galveston. The question is whether or not Galveston will have a ship during the summer, depending on whether or not Liberty does a summer Med. season.

Edited by kruzerci

By who? And I think the question is more "when" than "if".

By process of elimination, she should be going to Galveston. The question is whether or not Galveston will have a ship during the summer, depending on whether or not Liberty does a summer Med. season.

From the blog he was Onboard this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Recently returned from a cruise on Liberty. My waiter says Liberty will not be going to Galveston but rather to the Far East.

I heard from a friend a few hours ago, and the other crew members on Liberty are saying (speculating) she will be doing 7 night cruises replacing Navigator in Galveston.

Given the events/schedules unfolding currently, Liberty is the most likely to replace Navigator.

I was informed by the manager of the MDR on Mariner that 2 more ships would sail to asia. Right now the explorer is most likely to come, so maybe its true?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Yes, Explorer is the most likely for Asia and Australia based on the information available. Delivered via Europe I guess (or the Horn)?

A second additional ship for Asia? Sounds like a long way off, but we can hope. What's available? Jewel.

As much as we'd love to have Liberty in Asia/Australia.... RCI have done a deal for bigger ship with Galveston port and Navigator is leaving, so the short odds are for Liberty to go there as others have pointed out. It's not practical to alternate a ship between Galveston and Asia seasonally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know whether RCI and X will Alaska already release TODAY?

Or do I need to wait until Wednesday?? :rolleyes:

LIBERTY to Asia would be horrible - wouldn't be great if she was also transferred into a gambling ship as MARINER and VOYAGER...

Maybe she goes to Galveston year-round or from Nov 2015 after her Europe season - if she will go there...

Does anyone know whether RCI and X will Alaska already release TODAY?

Or do I need to wait until Wednesday??...

The schedule shows that Alaska should be released sometime this week. It could be today, but it also could be later in the week.

Both Vision and Legend are booked into Madeira on Transatlantic Ocean Voyages at the moment.

Vision calls on the 21st of April 2015 arriving from Key West and then on to Gibraltar.

Legend is booked on the 8th of May arriving from Nassau and continuing on to Barcelona and does not have a return stop booked.

Vision returns on the 4th of November arriving from Gibraltar and continuing on to Nassau.

This further confirms Vision in Europe.

A lot of speculation could be made about Legend. Is she heading back to Singapore to fix something that was not perfect from the dry-dock there?

And so on.......

Why should she go allllll the way back to Singapore, just to repair something that was not perfect from dry dock(and if that is that case):confused:

No reason, except contractual. The company that got the re-fit for Legend and I think Rhapsodz is there. Just came to mind that a conflict could arrise following a dry-dock or maybe winning bid to add more cabins or something went to same company.

The company winning the bids in Cadiz is seperate.

The whole scheduling for Rome and Madiera for Legend could also just be in error as others have SPECULATED.

We will know soon, i guess.

According to the agreement that RCL just signed with Galveston, there will be a ship sailing from there in summer 2015.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/morning_call/2014/01/royal-caribbean-agrees-to-bring-more-cruises.html]Houston Biz Journal

The article does not make it clear whether the bigger ship will arrive in summer 2015 or fall 2015.

To me, what ship ends up in Galveston is not important (I like them all for different reasons). I would dearly love to see some new itineraries. Just how many times can one do the same ones over and over. How about some 9/5 night sailings too.:rolleyes:

Why should she go allllll the way back to Singapore, just to repair something that was not perfect from dry dock(and if that is that case):confused:

Thought I remembered this contract being signed back in December, 2012. Have no idea of the implications of the agreement for all 41 ships for RCL including the current 21 RCI ships.

http://www.sembship.com/newsroom/images/2012/SCMPressRelease10Dec2012.pdf

To me, what ship ends up in Galveston is not important (I like them all for different reasons). I would dearly love to see some new itineraries. Just how many times can one do the same ones over and over. How about some 9/5 night sailings too.:rolleyes:

They could certainly mix in some 9 / 5 night rotations from Galveston if they wanted to... the 9 nights are great, I hope they eventually rotate some of those in for you all.

Both Vision and Legend are booked into Madeira on Transatlantic Ocean Voyages at the moment.

Vision calls on the 21st of April 2015 arriving from Key West and then on to Gibraltar.

Legend is booked on the 8th of May arriving from Nassau and continuing on to Barcelona and does not have a return stop booked.

Vision returns on the 4th of November arriving from Gibraltar and continuing on to Nassau.

This further confirms Vision in Europe.

A lot of speculation could be made about Legend. Is she heading back to Singapore to fix something that was not perfect from the dry-dock there?

And so on.......

LEGEND was also listed these dates several weeks ago.

Could well be that the list has been updated and VISION was added with its new calls at Funchal, but maybe LEGEND has not been deleted yet.

As far as it looks like, it was originally planned to deploy LEGEND on the 12-night-Med cruises from Barcelona, but some days ago RCI seems to have changed the plans and that now VISION should do those itineraries.

http://www.riviera-ports.com/Display.aspx?p=y&s=y&menuitem=13202&URL=/Croisiere/Horaires/DisplaySchedules.ascx&datefrom=01/04/2015&dateto=06/12/2015&company=ROYAL%20CARIBBEAN%20INTERNATIONAL&boat=&port=

VISION appears at Villefranche/Cannes every 12th day, weeks ago it was LEGEND.

maybe both VISION and LEGEND will come to Europe or LEGEND will be transferred to Asia via Europe again...

LEGEND was also listed these dates several weeks ago.

Could well be that the list has been updated and VISION was added with its new calls at Funchal, but maybe LEGEND has not been deleted yet.

As far as it looks like, it was originally planned to deploy LEGEND on the 12-night-Med cruisestransferred to Asia via Europe again...

Well, this time I did a google search to see if any posts about Legend came up from this site or anywhere and still had no luck. It will be nice when they get the search going at CC again.

It would seem the Vision bookings are firm as you say and the Legend is just pure speculation.

It would seem the Vision bookings are firm as you say and the Legend is just pure speculation.

Yes and no. Just days ago the Mediterranean cruise lists changed from LEGEND OTS into VISION OTS (Rome, Villefranche, Cannes, Funchal, Gibraltar).

So originally RCI planned to deploy LEGEND on the 12-night-cruises from Barcelona, but now it seems to be VISION's task. I am talking about the itineraries which SERENADE offers in 2014.

SERENADE will sail Northern Europe in 2015.

Bleh! Amen!!! I wasn't a fan of the Coz, Belize, Roatan itinerary we did in December and the one we're doing in November will be the 3rd time we've done Cozumel, GC & Jamaica. I love cruising out of Galveston because it's only a 4.5-5 hr drive from Dallas but you can only do the same itinerary so many times. I did an eastern caribbean/BVI itinerary out of Miami in 2012 and I'm dying to get back to that side the Caribbean. I wish they'd at least do Key West, Nassau, Freeport or something