Aft corner or Junior Suite

Calling all Radiance class cruisers. We will be cruising aboard the Jewel of the Seas for our honeymoon this upcoming May. Currently we are booked in the coveted 9256 balcony stateroom. I have been thinking of possibly upgrading to a JS. I have never been in one, and have been looking at pictures of them. But would any of you give up cabin 9256 for a midship junior suite??

But would any of you give up cabin 9256 for a midship junior suite??

Don't lose your aft!!! Research some pics of corner afts, read some reviews, and how many people book these cabins 2 years in advance... There's a reason for that. I just came off my very first corner aft 2 1/2 months ago and I'm still ranting and raving about it ... totally unreal view. breakfast on the deck, midnight moonlight and stars, I can go on :D:D

Sorry I can't provide personal experience of 9256, but will be able to on March 1st when we disembark from Brilliance. Can't justify the difference in price for a JS and fancied the aft as it doesn't have the overhang we experienced on radiance class ships on deck 10.

Thank you for those pictures!! We have stayed in an aft wrap before, but on the Carnival Victory. I loved it, he didn't care either way:p I would love to have 1100 but it's already taken, but maybe on final payment day something might open!! We've never stayed in a JS, and it's his first time on Royal so I want it to be extra special!! We shall see:cool:

Calling all Radiance class cruisers. We will be cruising aboard the Jewel of the Seas for our honeymoon this upcoming May. Currently we are booked in the coveted 9256 balcony stateroom. I have been thinking of possibly upgrading to a JS. I have never been in one, and have been looking at pictures of them. But would any of you give up cabin 9256 for a midship junior suite??

Our last cruise on the Adventure we had a aft JS on 10th floor. Loved the room and the huge deck. Next cruise we had to book a aft JS. (now just need to wait). May always go with either JS or aft from now on.

I think you will love that aft cabin for a honeymoon. One thing to realize is that not all JS cabins have balconies large enough for a lounger. The regular cabins in the aft on that class of ship all have loungers on the extra large balconies. It's so much more enjoyable to be able to sit in a lounge chair on your own private balcony. Before you make the move, make sure your Jr suite would have lounge chairs, otherwise, all you get is a bigger room with more closet space and a tub.

My two Jewel reviews (linked in my signature) have Aft Balcony photos if you want another look:D

If this is an Alaska keep your corner aft. We had a corner aft booked 18 months out. Royal called us about six months out and offered us an free upgrade to a JS. We declined and never regretted it.

A passenger doing a b2b wanted our cabin for his consecutive cruises. Sorry about that but we loved our aft and our wraparound balcony.

radbal.jpg.7094183e3e6ac9add664a3c5a5ba73f0.jpg

balconynight.jpg.27074342ab227c41120569f278358fb2.jpg