Book 2 staterooms, but actually sleep in only one-is it possible?

sherezada

We're now looking at booking the Navigator, because we would love to experience the Inside Virtual Balcony, and we're kinda tired of visiting the same Caribbean islands over and over.

The problem: we're a family of 4, and there are no Virtual Balcony cabins with more than double occupancy. There also aren't any connecting Virtual Balcony cabins.

My question is, could we book two double occupancy cabins, but in reality only occupy/sleep in one? My kids are too little to sleep by themselves.

We're now looking at booking the Navigator, because we would love to experience the Inside Virtual Balcony, and we're kinda tired of visiting the same Caribbean islands over and over.

The problem: we're a family of 4, and there are no Virtual Balcony cabins with more than double occupancy. There also aren't any connecting Virtual Balcony cabins.

My question is, could we book two double occupancy cabins, but in reality only occupy/sleep in one? My kids are too little to sleep by themselves.

I suppose you can book yourself plus 1 kid in one and your husband plus kid #2 in the other...

Well, my question was geared more towards are we breaking any rules by having 4 people sleep in a double occupancy cabin? Or by not occupying a paid cabin? Any possible issues with safety regulations, staff, ammenities like towels, etc?

We would be booking side-by-side rooms, if that makes any difference (oh, how I wish they were connecting!)

I would call Royal Caribbean and ask them. The 5 of us are booked in 3 staterooms (each one only accomodates 2 people), and I think we may end up only using 2 rooms. The booking agent never mentioned that this would be a problem at all. To be on the safe side, you may want to keep all life jackets in your room.

why? if you have a double occupancy cabin the other 2 will have no where to sleep.

There are no bed checks once on board,we had family bed early on.Nice to use room next door for storage and extra bathroom.You may want to try family Promanade cabin not virtual balcony but more light and can see action of Parades and parties from window. Enjoy

Are there 2 connecting cabins? I mean, don't your kids have a bedroom at home? Having connecting cabins would be even closer than you are at home...and you wouldn't need to "share" the bed. You would be right there with immediate access. The bed is basically an oversized queen...not a huge king!

When the twin beds are put together, they do not make up a true king size bed.

Exactly what I was thinking. The "twins" aren't exactly the same twins we have at home.

I never understood how they considered it a "king" lol It's more like a generous "queen".

Edited by styles27

Exactly what I was thinking. The "twins" aren't exactly the same twins we have at home.

I never understood how they considered it a "king" lol It's more like a generous "queen".

They used to call it queen, but at some point someone made a decision to call it a "Royal King", which as Patti noted is not really a king.

We have a king bed at home, and often end up with kids in our bed. I was pleasantly surprised with our bed on board. I thought it was a true king size. These comments made me look it up. The Royal bed is 3.5 inches narrower and two inches longer. OP, you will be just fine co-sleeping with the kiddos.

We have a king bed at home, and often end up with kids in our bed. I was pleasantly surprised with our bed on board. I thought it was a true king size. These comments made me look it up. The Royal bed is 3.5 inches narrower and two inches longer. OP, you will be just fine co-sleeping with the kiddos.

3.5 inches isn't that much...I guess it's the split down the middle that makes it seem smaller since you really can't sleep in the "middle" without the 2 coming apart.

You'll be fine only using the one room. The extra bathroom as others have mentioned will be nice. I wouldn't bother calling, you'll get someone who says absolutely not one time and another who would say no problem. The room steward will probably be thankful. Have a great cruise.

I would love to see the cabin attendant's face when he/she walks into in a cabin and see a bed that hasn't been slept in and the cabin as clean as he left it :).

Hopefully he/she won't alert security that the cabin has been unoccupied for a couple of days.

Or maybe he'll think someone got lucky at the bar and hooked up with somebody else.

OP if you do this come back and let us know what the cabin attendants have to say. It should be interesting and funny. :p

Edited by lady_cruiser

-

Just curious. Wouldn't a Family Suite be more comfortable?

Sure, as well as two connecting rooms. The thing is we are picking this ship because we want to experience the Virtual Balcony, so we're trying to see how we can do it.

Edited by sherezada

-

Sure, as well as two connecting rooms. The thing is we are picking this ship because we want to experience the Virtual Balcony, so we're trying to see how we can do it.

Isn't it just a big video screen? I guess I don't get the attraction.

Isn't it just a big video screen? I guess I don't get the attraction.

Some must, like the OP or they wouldnt be there :)

I would choose a promenade cabin over an ocean view or obstructed balcony any day but some cant see the point of a window not overlooking the sea. those that have tried Promenades know the advantages those that have not dont.

May be the same with the virtuals:)