How is this fair?

blitznbobs

You must have touched something that touched something that went on a cruise ship and someone else touched it after someone else sprayed it down with Lysol and Purel, but went to the buffet anyway.

No other explanation!

These things just don't happen outside cruise ships ya know!!

You must have touched something that touched something that went on a cruise ship and someone else touched it after someone else sprayed it down with Lysol and Purel, but went to the buffet anyway.

No other explanation!

Yes, Blitznbob's post was a touch of dry Brit humour ;)

Kinda like getting deep-vein thrombosis without going on an aeroplane.

Or being sick on the sidewalk caused by a kebab - eaten after twelve pints of strong lager. :D

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

I have Noro and I've not been

Near a cruise ship in 2 years - there is no justice in the world....

You need to find someone (anyone at all - a lawyer will find someone with deep pockets) to sue for giving you Noro. After all, someone has to pay for your inconvenience.

DON

Yes, Blitznbob's post was a touch of dry Brit humour ;)

Kinda like getting deep-vein thrombosis without going on an aeroplane.

Or being sick on the sidewalk caused by a kebab - eaten after twelve pints of strong lager. :D

JB :)

JB I do hope you knew that my post was a 'touch of dry humour' from across the pond! I honestly found it QUITE amusing!

Love this!

There is a strange phenomena (sp) called Schadenfreude (or some such thing).... pleasure in other's misfortune. People seem to take delight in the fact that others have spent shed loads of money and then got sick!! kind of a "let's all laugh at those "rich" people, who think they are so great having their wonderful vacation!"....

Jealousy turns people a similar shade of green to D&V I believe???

Well, that really is rotten luck.

Hope you fell better soon.

Try not to spread it around. :eek:

Don't worry I've been confined to cabin and hubby has painted a black x on the door and bolted it shut... He pushes a pint glass of water thru a hatch every 4 hours...

Boy, I had thought I had a major case of food poisoning about a month ago, which I'd trace to a hot dog I had at the Rose Bowl on January 1. And it was exactly a year since I got off the Golden Princess, so it must have been noro instead that was incubating that whole time, right?

Here in PA, USA -- we are experiencing a major outbreak of Flu and Noro. All you have to do is touch something that had been handled by a sick person.

Noro is not limited to ships. We have had schools be closed because of it. It has been in nursing homes, hospitals, etc.

I had noro and hadn't been on a cruise either. Ended up having to get IV fluids. I couldn't go to the hosp during the worst of my symptoms I mean how do you get in the car with D&V? lol..tmi sorry...I think I'll sue the automakers bc my car doesn't have D&V protectant on the seats.

Here in PA, USA -- we are experiencing a major outbreak of Flu and Noro. All you have to do is touch something that had been handled by a sick person.

Noro is not limited to ships. We have had schools be closed because of it. It has been in nursing homes, hospitals, etc.

My thoughts exactly.

OMG I bet that person you passed on the street and sneezed when they got near you just got off a cruise ship. The nerve of them to bring the Noro off the ship :p

Edited by lady_cruiser

No other explanation!

There is one other possibility. A member of Cruise Critic that's recently been on a cruise and contracted noro has been on here posting, and now it's spreading through the internet.:eek: Once you're computer is infected, you're screwed.