Cabin Reassigned

Lisah101

Thank you for all the kind words and support. They said our cabin was changed on a Jan xx (can't remember exact date), but that was the same date we printed our e-docs. I do remember we switched our bed from 2 singles to a Queen set up.

If they say I did it, I can't argue the point, but it the long wait, then the very aggressive upsell offer that got me so upset. At first, everyone was so nice and willing to try to switch rooms, but they couldn't do that without a supervisor. The moment the sup got involved (3 hours after initial call), it felt like talking to a salesman - very aggressive upsell and wouldn't even discuss any other option. He pushed the point I was very upset.

I will try again Monday, hopefully phones will be more stable and no long hold times.

LIke someone said, at least we have a room, but its in a location we would have NEVER chosen - the very very front of the ship.

It seems that Celebrity's IT system has got more gremlins and you were the unfortunate victim. For me, the price of the my booking changed, twice (a week apart), while I was putting info into online check in - never touched the reservation itself. Initially, I was blamed as well, but after a long hold, they said it was a known issue.

As others have suggested, talk to someone else and good luck.

Thank you for all the kind words and support. They said our cabin was changed on a Jan xx (can't remember exact date), but that was the same date we printed our e-docs. I do remember we switched our bed from 2 singles to a Queen set up.

If they say I did it, I can't argue the point, but it the long wait, then the very aggressive upsell offer that got me so upset. At first, everyone was so nice and willing to try to switch rooms, but they couldn't do that without a supervisor. The moment the sup got involved (3 hours after initial call), it felt like talking to a salesman - very aggressive upsell and wouldn't even discuss any other option. He pushed the point I was very upset.

I will try again Monday, hopefully phones will be more stable and no long hold times.

LIke someone said, at least we have a room, but its in a location we would have NEVER chosen - the very very front of the ship.

I would definitely try Resolutions. It's unacceptable that people just get shuffled around without any notification and are then told it's their own fault. I'm not even sure how it could be done via the website.

I know we're talking about an inside cabin here but if location is important to the OP, then it's just as big a deal if this was a sweet sixteen or other "special" cabin in the category. How many people here would be freaking out if they had snagged one of the extended veranda cabins and had been switched out of that?

If a cabin is handpicked, they should not be able to move people without their consent, even if it's an upgrade.

My first thought was what another poster said, someone wanted your cabin because they were booking one or more close to it. If they didn't get your cabin, they walked. We once were the beneficiaries of this when we got moved from an inside to a very nice ocean view along with our in-laws who had booked the connecting cabin next to us. We were first time cruises (also, along was another couple who were first time cruisers and did not get upgraded) so it wasn't because we had any loyalty pull. We weren't together anymore but we weren't complaining about the "upgrade" either. This was done at the pier.

My second thought is that, if you wade through the fine print in your contract, it says if you are two people booked into a three or four person cabin, they have the right to move you in order to accommodate a three/four person party.

Of course, an offense is better than a defense so, if they can, they will blame you.

Tucker in Texas

I used to delete the old confirmations when I received a new one, but I just created a folder where I plan to save them all from now on as an audit trail, and will not delete them until the cruise is over.

Hi Fleckle,

Great tip. I do that as well.... I have a folder called "Cruise Confirms", though I never delete any of them, even after the cruise is over. I have a sub folder titled "Old Confims" :), and I move them to this folder after the cruise.

I know my issue is a bit different, but we had a cruise completely cancelled after final booking. It clearly wasn't us, and I let our TA know of the issue. Apparently they sent in a cancellation for another passenger with a similar reservation number, and instead of cancellation their reservation, cancelled ours. and actually refunded our $$. Our boarding docs were already printed so it would have been pretty ugly had I not been checking on another cruises, notice it was cancelled and shown up to the pier without a cabin. You would have thought they would have doubled checked the names of the cancellation. I could easily see this happening to you, wrong cabin changes for the wrong cruise, by mistake.

I wouldn't take "no" for an answer, and keep trying until you get someone to hepl.

Good luck and Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Call again, talk with someone else. You're the one who is stuck with a cabin that you A) did not book and B) do not want.

All I can say is what I would do. I would be pursuing this until I got back what I had booked. Period. (Of course, I'm the type to not give up until I either got my money back or got what I originally booked.) Keep going up the line until you get someone who would rather make the customer happy instead of trying to "upsell" you.

Celebrity is the one who screwed up here, NOT you. They can make as many claims as they want that you did it, but it's 100% impossible to do on your end unless you actually cancel and then re-book your cruise. The only way you can change cabins is if you call and ask them to do so. Celebrity is counting on the possibility that you do not know how things work and right now it's playing into their favor.

Unfortunately, the one thing I have learned very recently with them is they will not go that extra mile to make it right for the wronged customer. If someone else now has the cabin you booked, you're the one who is out of luck as they won't upset the other customer now.

Lisa, keep pursuing this. Don't give up. They're wrong and they won't admit to it. Call a hundred times if you need to until you find someone who will not only listen, but will make it right. They CAN fix it if you find right person willing to help.

I always call with changes and final payments, and I ask for an updated booking confirmation when I call. I do almost everything else on-line, but there's just something about speaking to a human being and going over the details that a computer can't replace!
But that is why I prefer to make the payments and changes myself, online, whenever I can.

I can take my time to look over what I type and proof read it carefully to see exactly what I am entering before I press Enter.

So if I make a typo, I am able to correct it before it ever gets into the system.

However, when an agent enters the information (either a TA or a cruise line agent), if the agent makes a mistake I can't see it and won't find out about the error until afterwards when I look at my account or receive the booking confirmation.

By then it is already in the system, so there are the hassles of needing to call them back to get them to correct it, and then checking it out again to make sure that their correction was entered and processed correctly.

Different strokes!

We each prefer to do it the way that we feel most comfortable. ;)

Unfortunately, the one thing I have learned very recently with them is they will not go that extra mile to make it right for the wronged customer.

Fortunately, I've had the exact opposite experience.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Fortunately, I've had the exact opposite experience.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

They won't make it right for the wronged customer if it means affecting another customer. Even though, especially in this case, they should.

This was after final payment and we did NOT book a GTY, we choose our room location very carefully. we booked directly on Celebrity website.

1 hour, 40 min and still on hold!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I can't believe anyone would stay on hold that long.

It has now been over two full days since the OP reported the cabin change, so I am hoping that we will soon be seeing some good news posted here;

either that they have their original cabin back or that they have received a nice upgrade.

Edited by varoo

It has now been over two full days since the OP reported the cabin change, so I am hoping that we will soon be seeing some good news posted here;

either that they have their original cabin back or that they have received a nice upgrade.

Good luck with that. :)

Sorry for what happened. It's not right but not the end of the world like some posters are implying. If they can get you back near your desired area, most inside cabins are very similar and won't alter the experience of the cruise. However, no one should wait over an hour to speak to a customer service rep, something is not right.

I disagree with you that it isn't a big deal. Celebrity is treating OP like they were a GTY when they weren't. And GTY rates are lower, yet OP got no discount. And making up a lame excuse we know is impossible is even worse because it's poor customer service and insulting, with the only attempted resolution being an overpriced up sell attempt.

I disagree with you that it isn't a big deal. Celebrity is treating OP like they were a GTY when they weren't. And GTY rates are lower, yet OP got no discount. And making up a lame excuse we know is impossible is even worse because it's poor customer service and insulting, with the only attempted resolution being an overpriced up sell attempt.

Agreed.

If only there was someone who represents Celebrity Cruises on this message board who could help Lisa regain her cabin...

I can't believe anyone would stay on hold that long.

I had to call Captain's Club today and the wait was only 20 minutes. I put the phone on speaker and unloaded the dishwasher, made a salad, put a chicken in the crock pot, and fed the dog. Amazing how the time flew!!!