Allure for $5,600 or Freedom for $3,200

I have not been on the Allure but I was on the Oasis and the Freedom. Both are awesome ships, had a great time on both. For sure the Allure has a few nicer things(Central Park, Aqua theatre,) etc. If these things appeal to you than maybe the Allure is the ship for you. I will say that perhaps the best service we have had was on the Freedom while the worst service and food was on the Oasis.

That is a big difference in price for me, I would choose the Freedom. She is a beautiful ship. My only reasoning is the price. To me there is not that much of a difference between the ships to justify that much of a price difference.

I would choose the FOS for $3200. and then take the money I saved and use it as a deposit for Allure for the following year. I would have less to pay off later and end up going on a cruise two years in a row. ;). The Oasis class ships are great, but with FOS you get more bang for your buck.

If you have never done the Oasis class ship, then I would definitely say the Allure. We are lovers of the Oasis class ship, they are like no other.

BUT if you have already sailed the Allure, then I would go for the Freedom for the price difference.

Have a great time either way!

:p

For the price I would pick the Freedom and book the Oasis//Allure another time, that's a big chunk of money. OR, I'd choose another cabin on the Allure and not do a JS. I've been on the Allure and honestly we had a D1 and really never used the balcony much b/c there were so many activities to do, I felt like for me I wasted my money on a D1.

I'd look and the Boardwalk Balcony rooms on Allure. We were able to get one second to the end and had a great view of the ocean, boardwalk, and water show for quite a bit of savings from the JS cost. If you could do that at a closer price difference , I'd do Allure.

I think it's a very personal choice for you -- how much of a difference for you is that price difference? For some people on here it's chump change, for others it's A LOT of money... I think you see what I'm saying even if you think my answer is a bit of a cop out lol.

Oasis Class ships have absolutely no parallel... but I'm sure you'll still have a great vacation on Freedom.

I have sailed both ships and sailed Indy in Dec'13.

Allure is a neat ship with lots of neat new features.

I could not pull the trigger on spending $2400 more though to maybe use some of those new features. For me the biggest difference is the number of speciality restaurants. We really enjoyed them, especially Samba's.

I would take 2 weeks on Freedom vs 1 week on Allure and I want to sail on Allure again!

The above is based on that I am not a big fan of cabins other than I do like a balcony and so does DW. Beyond that, we look for activities onboard and ports of call. What specifically on Allure would you want to try that cannot be done on Freedom. Then put values on those activities and see if it is even close. My guess is that it will not be.