Kids Sail Free Promos?

It will be interesting to see how this promotion affects our upcoming summer cruise pricing. We actually booked 2 connecting staterooms instead of 1 quad stateroom since the 3rd and 4th rate was so ridiculously high. It cost just as much to get two double cabins than one quad cabin.

It's been our experience with Royal that their 3rd and 4th rates are considerably higher than what other cruise lines charge. That was a huge reason why we didn't choose Royal for our family cruise last year and we went with Holland America instead. The difference in price for our 2 kids was over $1,200! :eek: And when we did Allure of the Seas and Carnival Dream within months of each other in 2011, our son paid 3 times as much on Royal than on Carnival!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

It will be for new bookings only. Cancelling and rebooking won't be an option.

Ray, I cancelled and rebooked for my cruise this September to get my BFF an onboard credit for happy hours. :D

What you have to do is switch passenger #1 to another name to make it a "new" booking.

Ray, I cancelled and rebooked for my cruise this September to get my BFF an onboard credit for happy hours. :D

What you have to do is switch passenger #1 to another name to make it a "new" booking.

Would this apply to all cancel and rebook situations? Interesting tidbit to know to get around the new bookings only snag. Follow on question, this may sound dumb but if you have a cruise booked are you able to book same passengers same cruise and then cancel the original reservation?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would this apply to all cancel and rebook situations? Interesting tidbit to know to get around the new bookings only snag. Follow on question, this may sound dumb but if you have a cruise booked are you able to book same passengers same cruise and then cancel the original reservation?

I don't think that will work. You can't be booked in 2 cabins at the same time.

My TA did it for me, and she cacelled first, then booked my friend in the same cabin, adding me as the second passenger.

Florida Scorpion is right, I think. You can only be in one cabin.

Kids sail free promo starts tomorrow

book March 1 - 31

sail May 1 thru 12/15/14

New bookings only

Based on availability and capacity controlled

For ANY Bahamas Bermuda Carribbean & Europe sailings

Excludes Grandeur and Quantum

It is not just for kids....the promo is for 3 & 4th pax

regardless of age meaning 0-99+

Free cruise fare but you will pay the usual port taxes/fees

Promo also includes some free upgrades and as low as $50 deposits

I guess Grandeur must be selling well if it's been excluded with Quantum!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I guess Grandeur must be selling well if it's been excluded with Quantum!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

It might have more to do with the fact that she is smaller and doesn't have the capacity in the kid's clubs.

in fact I expect in a few days people will start coming on here to whinge about not being able to get in on this deal for their chosen ship/itinerary/date because as soon as the max occupancy of the kids clubs is reached they won't let you book any more cabins with kids that age.

It might have more to do with the fact that she is smaller and doesn't have the capacity in the kid's clubs.

in fact I expect in a few days people will start coming on here to whinge about not being able to get in on this deal for their chosen ship/itinerary/date because as soon as the max occupancy of the kids clubs is reached they won't let you book any more cabins with kids that age.

That is good point; however, there are 5 other Vision class ships that have the same restrictions but were not called out. Maybe it also has to do with Pride pulling out early so no competition after Oct this year

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I called royal carribean about this promo that starts tomorrow and their agent told me that they usually increase the first/second passenger rates to offset the discount. .

Boy she wasn't kidding, just looked to add my DD and her graduating son and they are charging twice the normal on an oceanview! Not a good deal if you ask me. I was thinking it would be around 2000 for both of them plus free 3rd and 4th, but its over 3000! Who do they think they are kidding!!!!!!

Edited by BecciBoo

We are looking at this cruise line and have two young children. Since we live in the midwest, we have the expense of airfare as well. We've taken our two kids on two cruises now (another line) but looking at Royal Caribbean ships now. Can anyone tell me if and when they offer kids sail free promos? Very interested in this!

Check the site now - it looks like they currently are offering a kids sail free promotion.

You really have to check the sailing. On the one I booked, the 1-2 price was lower this past week, but even after they raised 1-2 price for this sale, my new total is still a good amount lower with the 3-4 price @ -0-

Edited by marci22

Did a mock booking for Aug on the Freedom. If 2 people sail in an E1 or E2, it's $1,099 pp.

If I put 4 people, the price of a D cabin is $1,299 pp.

D's are normally a little more expensive, but not $200pp more expensive.

BUT.. a JS is $1749 pp, and the 3, 4th are free. Same price for the first 2 pax

Edited by Toddcan

Our children (7,10) are homeschooled so we can be flexible on our dates. Our preference is Eastern over Western - and would like St. Maarten/Coco Cay. Looks like when you try to ad 3/4th pax, the cost goes up exponentially for the first and second pax. I'm all for bargains, but is there really any bargains to be had?