Shampoo, Conditioner, Soap

Dismomx5

I was just wondering what kind of shampoo, conditioner and soaps are used on HAL ships. And are they refreshed as the week goes on? Thank you!

Elemis (spa brand) and replenished as needed. Works for us :)

I was just wondering what kind of shampoo, conditioner and soaps are used on HAL ships. And are they refreshed as the week goes on? Thank you!

In the shower the soap, shampoo and conditioner are in wall dispensers:

nd3dr6.jpg

Also a small bottle of lotion, and a small hand soap, and shower cap:

k9noo.jpg

We really didn't need anything replenished, as we find these products drying (both to skin and hair), so we bring our own.

In the shower the soap, shampoo and conditioner are in wall dispensers:

nd3dr6.jpg

Also a small bottle of lotion, and a small hand soap, and shower cap:

k9noo.jpg

We really didn't need anything replenished, as we find these products drying (both to skin and hair), so we bring our own.

Thank you for the picture. That helps a lot. I'm sure it will do my husband and I fine. Here's hoping that there is no allergic reaction. :)

The bath gel is peppermint-y. Kinda cool. It's one of those smells I associate with being on a cruise (that might be a topic of its own...)
I'm still using (very sparingly) the H2O stuff from my Disney cruise last year. Every time I DO use it....I am back in the Rainforest room. sigh.

Our previous cruise (2013) I decided to not pack my shampoo and conditioner and thought that HAL's products would be just fine. Worked for DH but not for me. On our most recent cruise 2014) I packed my own products and DH used HAL's. I thought the Elemis shampoo and hair conditioner made my hair feel dry.

If you normally use a "clarifying" shampoo - one without added conditioning agents - you should be fine. They also have conditioner for you, so you can use that as needed.

If you have dry hair or are particular about your hair products, I'd recommend packing your own or buying it before you board. Chances are that your hair will see more sun and possibly more chlorine from the pool than it does at home.

Our previous cruise (2013) I decided to not pack my shampoo and conditioner and thought that HAL's products would be just fine. Worked for DH but not for me. On our most recent cruise 2014) I packed my own products and DH used HAL's. I thought the Elemis shampoo and hair conditioner made my hair feel dry.

Same here. Hubbie will use anything, including the shampoo! I love the bath gel. If HAL would just do a deal with Crabtree and Evelyn...

Both my husband and I do like using the Elemis products and have not had any adverse reactions. I have color-treated hair and have not had problems. Bring small bottles of your own products just in case but do give the Elemis products a try. I agree with the poster who said that she likes the bath gel - it's very invigorating in the morning.