2015/2016 Deployment Thread

Andy

Andy

Thanks for these posts. There has been a sad lack of excitement about the new season cruises this year. [is it really just because you have been on on a cruise?]

Everyone/Anyone ...

... have you booked suite on the new itineraries? I am curious about the prices in view of the new suite benefits from April 2105 announced recently.

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your comments. It's always my pleasure to keep our community members informed. I've also noticed a slightly reduced excitement level, surrounding the upcoming deployments.... but then again, I noticed the forum seemed relatively quiet while I was sailing on Century. Maybe it's because so many Celebrity fans were onboard Century last week. Who knows ? LOL.

As for your Suite question, I've been anticipating higher prices - not only for Suites, but for other categories as well. I'm very curious to see if this proves to be the case - at least initially... or not. However, in the coming months, supply and demand will ultimately play a big part in pricing determination. Time will tell.

Over the years, I've commented that we'd probably see limited changes in deployment and ports, and that often proved to be correct. This year, I'm thinking things might be shaken up, and that some of the deployments/ports might see interesting changes. Of course, we already have one interesting change... in that Infinity is headed to Alaska instead of Europe in Summer of 2015, so that's a start ! We'll see what happens.

Stay Tuned !

Hi Cruise Junky,

Alaksa 2015 is scheduled to open to the general public later today 2/25. Captains Club Members had exclusive access to Alaska booking, over the past few days.

I suppose something else could open tomorrow, but unless Celebrity is opening another region earlier than anticipated, there's nothing on the schedule until South America, and perhaps some addtional Panama Canal sailings, next week.

I hope this is helpful !

Thanks but I was referring to what was set to open March 10th that his TA was getting the itineraries for today....see the post I quoted :)

Andy, I talked to Celebrity last night about when the Transatlantic cruises would be released for 2015. He said Captain Club members would be able to see them on 3/13/14, and an email would go out.

Since I never get any emails from Celebrity (sigh), do you know if they will be showing on their website somewhere on that date?

Thanks!

Hi Andy,

Despite what is shown in the links you provided, I cannot find any actual itineraries on Celebrity's web site, or even going in through Captain's Club site.

My trave agent tells me that they are not available through Cruising Power either? :confused: Only sail dates through the end of 2014 season are available.

I am looking for the Millennium 10 night sailing 12 May 2015.

Ray in NH

We just booked on the Alaska Millennium May 12, 2015. I've started a roll call.

Thanks but I was referring to what was set to open March 10th that his TA was getting the itineraries for today....see the post I quoted :)

This was Europe itineraries being sent to TA's today and on sale 10th March, this latter is in line with the latest Celebrity info.

We just booked on the Alaska Millennium May 12, 2015. I've started a roll call.

Can you tell us about the itinerary - I haven't been able to find information and I don't get the newsletter. Thank you.

(I can't do a " blind" booking as I would lose a substantial deposit if cancel!)

Hi Cruise Junky,

Alaksa 2015 is scheduled to open to the general public later today 2/25. Captains Club Members had exclusive access to Alaska booking, over the past few days.

I suppose something else could open tomorrow, but unless Celebrity is opening another region earlier than anticipated, there's nothing on the schedule until South America, and perhaps some addtional Panama Canal sailings, next week.

I hope this is helpful !

Hi Andy,

I'm not Cruise Junky (I may be one, :) but not known by that handle).

I do appreciate all you have been doing in getting information out to us. Too bad all the reservation folks are not as knowledgeable. Some were still insisting yesterday that these itineraries are not available for booking yet, even for Elite Members.

This mornin, I was able to book into one of the cabins I really wanted to be in for our cruise. Booked and deposited, now just have to wait until it is time to cruise. Fortunately, we have a few other cruises, in the meanwhile, to help pass the time :D

Thanks Again,

Ray in NH

Hi Andy,

I'm not Cruise Junky (I may be one, :) but not known by that handle).

I do appreciate all you have been doing in getting information out to us. Too bad all the reservation folks are not as knowledgeable. Some were still insisting yesterday that these itineraries are not available for booking yet, even for Elite Members.

This mornin, I was able to book into one of the cabins I really wanted to be in for our cruise. Booked and deposited, now just have to wait until it is time to cruise. Fortunately, we have a few other cruises, in the meanwhile, to help pass the time :D

Thanks Again,

Ray in NH

Hi Ray,

Glad it all worked out for you. Enjoy your Cruise !

:DHi Andy; thanks for putting this up, at least now everyone has a one stop resource to look at until search becomes operational again.

Hi harz99,

It's my pleasure. I plan to offer updates as soon as I receive information. It might be quiet for a bit, until the next batch of deployments release, but please continue to vist this thread for updates.

Andy, I talked to Celebrity last night about when the Transatlantic cruises would be released for 2015. He said Captain Club members would be able to see them on 3/13/14, and an email would go out.

Since I never get any emails from Celebrity (sigh), do you know if they will be showing on their website somewhere on that date?

Thanks!

Hi Peggy,

In past years, and with Alaska this year.... Captains Club members usually have a few day advance booking window. During this time, I have not seen any of the newly deployed itineraries appear on Celebrity's website. The only way to obtain information about specific itineraries, dates, pricing, and to book your cruise... is to call Captains Club or your TA.

In your case, if the Transatlatics are to be released on 3/13 for Captains Club members, I *believe* they would not appear on Celebrity's website at that time. I suspect they will appear, once the itineraries are open to the general public. That's what happened with Alaska 2015 today, as they are now available for booking to all.

To sum up, calling Captains Club or your TA, is the best option during the Captains Club exclusive booking window. I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Peggy,

In past years, and with Alaska this year.... Captains Club members usually have a few day advance booking window. During this time, I have not seen any of the newly deployed itineraries appear on Celebrity's website. The only way to obtain information about specific itineraries, dates, pricing, and to book your cruise... is to call Captains Club or your TA.

In your case, if the Transatlatics are to be released on 3/13 for Captains Club members, I *believe* they would not appear on Celebrity's website at that time. I suspect they will appear, once the itineraries are open to the general public. That's what happened with Alaska 2015 today, as they are now available for booking to all.

To sum up, calling Captains Club or your TA, is the best option during the Captains Club exclusive booking window. I hope this helps !

Thank you, Andy!

is it just me or has anyone else noticed a jump in cruise prices especially Alaska

Hi Gordylad,

I've been watching initial pricing for many years. Pricing generally opens higher than in past years. I'm sure that does not please most folks, but they are in business to earn as much as possible.

At the end of the day, supply and demand will dictate pricing, so what's posted today, is not the final word, as pricing may decline (or rise) in the future.

My advice - Book now, receive the new World Tour opening promo, and continue to check pricing as often as possible. Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

thanks Andy. Am I correct in saying that if you book now with the promo and say 123 offer comes back or something similar it can be added?

Hi Gordylad,

You "should" be able to apply 123 GO to your booking - if it returns... as long as you meet the terms of the promotion. In addition, you would forfeit your exisiting promo, and pay the current rate. It will all depend upon whatever the future pricing would be, and whether the change makes economic sense for you.

Sorry to be a bit confusing, but I hope this helps !

is it just me or has anyone else noticed a jump in cruise prices especially Alaska

I have a reservation for an Alaska cruisetour this summer. The exact same cruise, during the exact same week, ship and stateroom has increased considerably for 2015. I had assumed that the price increase was due to the new suite perks, we are in a suite. I was expecting a couple of thousands extra due to the new perks, but we are talking an increase of over 7k. This may be our last suite experience we can afford. So looking forward to our cruise though!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I looked at the difference in the initial offerings between 2014 & 2015 Alaska cruises in suites on Millennium, 7 day South bound for July. For CS 2015 seems to be up by $550 per person, RS, $600 per person and S1 $200 per person. A2, which is what we are booked in for 2014 $100 pp. This did not take into consideration cruise tours.

Mary Lou