Please.....someone help me with my husband!!!

This depends *why* he likes the Oasis class boats.

If you like the flowrider, then yeah the Oasis class are better as they can accommodate more riders. If things like entertainment options, additional pool types (zero entry, salt vs. fresh water) are important those are other reasons.

That being said, the smaller boats can go places the Oasis class can't. I love the Oasis class boats, but once you have done both their routes you are sailing for the boat more than the itinerary.

I sailed Indy for this past Christmas (same class) and had a great time, even after having sailed Oasis 4 months earlier.

I wish I could give you the list of things to say to convince him, but it may be that he just likes those things Oasis has that the others do not (or do not have the same amount of).

Heck I'm booked on Quantum next March but looking to change to Adventure due to a better itinerary. I don't want to do it, but the current route for the 3/21/15 cruise (Labadee and San Juan only for an 8 day, route is essentially a 1 off) is looking less attractive by the day.

My husband and I went on our first cruise in 2012 on the Allure of the Seas. We are going on our next cruise with the Freedom of the Seas. I feel he is being a total cruise snob right now and need some help with this!!! He does not think he is going to like Freedom as much as the Allure because of all the bells and whistles the Allure has. Can anyone give me some good points about Freedom vs being on the Allure so I can stop this craziness. He is driving me bonkers with this!!!!!!! Oh, and we are taking our 10 and 3 year old and he does not think there will be as much for them to do as opposed to the Allure.....HELP!!!!

We sailed the Oasis after the Freedom and we prefer the Freedom class and here are a few reasons why :)

Solarium is OPEN, has a breeze, is not as steamy HOT as the Oasis class, has a nice big pool with bar stools in the water and a deep end, not simply a 4 foot oversized lukewarm hot tub like pool.

The jogging track is on deck 12 out in the fresh air and sunshine, not hidden and behind life boats on deck 4

ALL of your speciality restaurants on the Freedom class have windows and view of the ocean and NONE of the speciality restuarants on the Oasis class do.

While we enjoyed the CL Suite and having a dedicated Flowrider for stand up surfing, we did not like the feel of the Oasis, that everything was inside, no windows and forced you INTO the ship, not out to the ocean views.

Many of the bars on the Oasis class are interior with NO windows but most of the bars on the Freedom class have ocean views.

For us, you just can't beat the Freedom class ships :D

Each class of ship has something to offer. They are all different and that is a good thing. There is no problem going from the largest, most intricate to a different smaller ship. Each class ( and even each ship) has an advantage; you just have to be open to find it. Attitude has a lot to do with it. If a person is convinced they will not enjoy something, chances are they will not.

Enjoy

M

Very well said. Unfortunately, it almost sounds like he's made his mind up in advance - and you're right about the outcome of that, unfortunately.

Honestly, he never mentions the ports so he is basing this all off the ship itself. I guess I just don't understand him right now. We have never been on Freedom (or any other ship other than the Allure OR any other cruise line for that matter) so he can't say we won't like it. I wish I could understand where he is coming from (yea know, the whole "look through his eyes" kind of deal) but it just annoys me that he is acting like this. If we go on and don't like it then we don't go on Freedom again. But, we can't just limit ourselves to one ship everytime we cruise. The whole excitement is going in different ships, different ports etc etc....

I've done both with kids (they weren't that young but still teens). BOTH ships are great. Each one has its own positives. If the hubby is going to do nothing but whine, go without him.

Life's too short...enjoy every moment!

:p

What he said...

We sailed the Oasis after the Freedom and we prefer the Freedom class and here are a few reasons why :)

Solarium is OPEN, has a breeze, is not as steamy HOT as the Oasis class, has a nice big pool with bar stools in the water and a deep end, not simply a 4 foot oversized lukewarm hot tub like pool.

The jogging track is on deck 12 out in the fresh air and sunshine, not hidden and behind life boats on deck 4

ALL of your speciality restaurants on the Freedom class have windows and view of the ocean and NONE of the speciality restuarants on the Oasis class do.

While we enjoyed the CL Suite and having a dedicated Flowrider for stand up surfing, we did not like the feel of the Oasis, that everything was inside, no windows and forced you INTO the ship, not out to the ocean views.

Many of the bars on the Oasis class are interior with NO windows but most of the bars on the Freedom class have ocean views.

Yep! Oasis/Allure get a lot of mixed reviews. Some love them, some really don't. And its that overall feeling that I think inspires most that would prefer other ships. When I cruise, a big part of the experience is the OCEAN, and Oasis/Allure really take a lot of that away for me. You might as well be at some land-based resort. Not trying to start an argument, because many love them and that's just fine too. And if I cruise on Oasis/Allure, I'll enjoy the cruise - just not as much as I would on a Freedom-class ship! :)

Love hearing all your responses about Freedom!!! Making me so excited!! BUT, I still have 6 1/2 months!! GRRRRRRRRRR. Yea know, now that I think about it, (of course I have nothing to compare since Allure was our first) there was not a whole heck of alot of ocean viewing anywhere when you were inside the ship. That makes it seem so much better to go to a specialty restaurant and have an ocean view. Tip I will have to pass along to hubby!!! Im gonna have to read your comments to him. You guys are great!!!

This is one of the more interesting threads of late.

We men are a strange bunch at times.

I'm living proof. :eek::D

Back in 2008, my wife pleaded with me to take our first cruise together, and I had about as much interest in it as I would painting the whole house. UGH!

After some added persuasion...I was finally convinced to lead a "just look and see what you find" search process (the old "now it's MY idea strategy executed craftily executed by my better half). :)

To make a long story short...once I took the time to do things on my own and research cruises...I booked our first. Since then....I"M the one that's hooked...and could go on a cruise 2,3, or 4 times a year if we could afford it. We're going on 2 this year...so I'm clearly addicted.

The point is...my recommendation is to encourage anyone resisting to ask THEM to check and see what THEY might like to do or WHERE TO GO. Perhaps that will light the same spark below that person like it did for me.

Good luck.

I love the FREEDOM and have been on it twice. I have been on the Allure and am going on the OASIS in August,

My main reason for loving the Freedom is that I do get annoyed with the big cut down the middle of the ship when I just want to walk from one side to the other. I know, silly right? But I think there is a lot of wasted space. The boardwalk is a nice touch, but for me, it really does not add anything to my cruise experience.

So, why am I going on the Oasis? Because we are going with friends and the ship/timeframe fit into the equation.

You cannot go wrong with Freedom and its usually cheaper!

Yes MCazer, it was definately cheaper! That is what steered me in that direction but I have to say, reading everyone's comments and tips about the Freedom, I am EXTREMELY excited now more than ever to go on it as opposed to the Allure! Can't wait......now hopefully I can get hubby on the excitement board too!!

Yes MCazer, it was definately cheaper! That is what steered me in that direction but I have to say, reading everyone's comments and tips about the Freedom, I am EXTREMELY excited now more than ever to go on it as opposed to the Allure! Can't wait......now hopefully I can get hubby on the excitement board too!!

You should enjoy Freedom. We've been on Oasis in the past and will be on Freedom's twin Independence of the Seas very soon. We also enjoyed Adventure of the Seas twice.

What we've experienced is that any ship in the 130,000 ton range or bigger is very stable in the water, filled with many nice features and great service, and full of memories.

Enjoy (both of you).

Sherlock......there is nothing going on. Not quite sure what you mean by that. Plain and simple....he wants to go back on the Allure because he loved it so much and I want to go on the Freedom......A)it was a heck of alot cheaper and B)it is a new ship and a new experience. He seems to have it in his head he will not like Freedom as much as he liked Allure and all I wanted was some words of encouragement from people that have already been on that ship.

Sherlock......there is nothing going on. Not quite sure what you mean by that. Plain and simple....he wants to go back on the Allure because he loved it so much and I want to go on the Freedom......A)it was a heck of alot cheaper and B)it is a new ship and a new experience. He seems to have it in his head he will not like Freedom as much as he liked Allure and all I wanted was some words of encouragement from people that have already been on that ship.

Not to worry...most of us got what you were saying...despite a few detractors to the conversation.

To that point...if someone is first exposed to Allure (or Oasis) for cruising...it could be seen as a "step down" to almost any other ship. I can respect that view.

That said...having cruised "2 sizes down" from Oasis ourselves...in fact more than once...and having thoroughly enjoyed those just as much...

The need/choice/preference of an Oasis class ship is not a right or wrong issue - just a matter of personal choice. Still...there's alot to offer on other ships, which might make "comparing" along less of an issue.

I think he is going to be pleasantly surprised by how much he likes the Freedom. If we were given a free cruise on either Oasis class or Freedom class, we would always choose the Freedom class :) The Solarium alone is reason enough for us to choose it over Oasis class :D

You will have to start a thread after your cruise and tell us all how much fun you both had and how much he loved it :)

For a balcony room it's around $300 per person less to go on the Freedom (not counting discounts). So that means you could almost do 4 cruises for the price of 3 so it's almost like getting a free cruise after 3.

OK... so that's kind of a statistical stretch, but ...

Tom