Please.....someone help me with my husband!!!

My husband and I went on our first cruise in 2012 on the Allure of the Seas. We are going on our next cruise with the Freedom of the Seas. I feel he is being a total cruise snob right now and need some help with this!!! He does not think he is going to like Freedom as much as the Allure because of all the bells and whistles the Allure has. Can anyone give me some good points about Freedom vs being on the Allure so I can stop this craziness. He is driving me bonkers with this!!!!!!! Oh, and we are taking our 10 and 3 year old and he does not think there will be as much for them to do as opposed to the Allure.....HELP!!!!

:p because my first thought was "Sorry lady, no way, he's not my husband!" :D BUT then I read your thread. Tell him stop worrying, it is a fantastic ship and will keep your family plenty busy! :) Still has a rock climbing wall, ice rink, movie theatre, putt putt course, flowrider, kid zone water area/pool...and parades, with a lot less WALKING to get from point A to point B!

Go book it & tell him IF he does not like it, HE can plan the next trip.:p

Edited by BLAMBKY

We have not been on the Allure or the Oasis because of the number of people on board, having to make reservations for the shows - although I understand that they have the most bells and whistles Freedom is the best ship in the fleet - lots of things to do and does have most of the same bells and whistles without the mega crowds. It also can get into places like Grand Caymen that these two ships can not because of the shallow waters. Go and try and enjoy, Freedom class is our favorite ship. :D

Our first cruise was on Freedom when it was pretty new. I had similar concerns about booking our next cruise on a different class of ship, the Mariner. I was wrong. We had a great cruise! Exploring a new ship is part of the fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Variety is the spice of life. Trying new ships, cruise lines, and itineraries keeps it new, fun, and interesting. We have loved all our cruises and ships for various reasons. Every ship has something unique to offer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We cruised on the Freedom three times in a row and still didn't do everything. It is an amazing ship and my kids loved it. We did just do the Oasis last week and we loved that too, but I would go on another Freedom class ship in a heartbeat. Tell him he will have a blast, don't worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Freedom is okay, it's a very nice ship in fact, but I do not like Freedom as much as Allure - precisely because Allure has more "bells & whistles". To be realistic, you must consider the fact that he might not like Freedom as much. I think it would be a mistake to try and convince him that he will like Freedom as much as Allure, when you don't really know for sure. You might be setting up yourself for failure if you do. I would take a more 'Freedom will be different' approach. The two ships are very different, there isn't as much to do on Freedom, but that doesn't mean you all won't have a great time, it just a different experience compared to Allure.

Might be worth telling him that he is spoiling it for you with his moaning. Not much fun when someone puts a downer on something you are looking forward to.

Kids like playing with just about anything, particularly if they use their imagination, and they love the company of other kids. They get so much to do on any of the ships that I would be very surprised if they didn't love the trip. Having a trip away with you is probably the thing they will love the most!

My hubby tells some of the kids he comes across that only boring people get bored. They soon stop saying they are bored! We feel these days an overwhelming need to entertain kids all the time. They need to have some incentive to think for themselves and work out their own fun too. Just saying. Some of my best memories of my childhood are the big pile of dirt on the back yard from the excavation for the pool. My friends and I loved digging caves and tunnels in that.

Give your kids some credit, they will enjoy themselves unless they are convinced by someone nearby that the cruise was boring. Or if they feel that there was a lot of tension in the air.

My husband and I went on our first cruise in 2012 on the Allure of the Seas. We are going on our next cruise with the Freedom of the Seas. I feel he is being a total cruise snob right now and need some help with this!!! He does not think he is going to like Freedom as much as the Allure because of all the bells and whistles the Allure has. Can anyone give me some good points about Freedom vs being on the Allure so I can stop this craziness. He is driving me bonkers with this!!!!!!! Oh, and we are taking our 10 and 3 year old and he does not think there will be as much for them to do as opposed to the Allure.....HELP!!!!

Leave him at home and take me. I would like it...........

Just tell him to relax. ive been on the Liberty first twice and loved it, then the Oasis and Allure and we were about to book the Freedom again, but the Oasis was cheaper so we went back to the oasis. The Freedom class ships are great.

I am sure you guys will have a wonderful time, the kids will really enjoy it.

I love both ships and will soon be going back on the Freedom again. Good things about Freedom.

1. The Windjammer is bigger, has more seating and even snackbar type seating and seems a lot less crowded.

2. I like the open air solarium of the Freedom class better, it has an actual pool!

I love both ships and will soon be going back on the Freedom again. Good things about Freedom.

1. The Windjammer is bigger, has more seating and even snackbar type seating and seems a lot less crowded.

2. I like the open air solarium of the Freedom class better, it has an actual pool!

Agree with this. I'll add:

3. Fitness Center has much better views of the outside, more natural light inside too.

Each class of ship has something to offer. They are all different and that is a good thing. There is no problem going from the largest, most intricate to a different smaller ship. Each class ( and even each ship) has an advantage; you just have to be open to find it. Attitude has a lot to do with it. If a person is convinced they will not enjoy something, chances are they will not.

Enjoy

M

I will always recommend starting your first cruise on Majesty then the only way is up from there on ;)

Our plan exactly (almost) DH and I sailed Monarch (enjoyed it as a newbie couple--could not do all the things we wanted to) then took the kids on Majesty (they had a BLAST--loved AO, rock climbing, sports deck) then on Jewel (again all had a BLAST!). Next we are sailing Radiance. Really have never felt bored or found there was a lack of things to do on even the smaller ships.

If your hubby focuses on what is NOT, he will never enjoy what IS (which may even just be your kids splashing about the pool). Tell him to let go of his expectations and enjoy the IS.

Thanks all for the replies. Some of them cracked me up!! I think he is finally coming around. I really think reading these responses to him has helped (keep em comin....the more I read to him, the better he seems to be) I LOVED the Allure. We had a wonderful time. I just wanted to experience a different ship. Yea know, something new to look forward to.

What "bells and whistles" does he want that Freedom doesnt have? :confused:

I have yet to experience the Oasis twins but I cant possibly imagine anyone being disappointed in Freedom of the Seas :o Its a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. Tons of things to do!

I would just be happy Im going on a cruise on ANY ship. There will never be a day when I dread boading a cruise ship, no matter how big or small.

Edited by ryano