Changes to the Next Cruise Program

I changed the dates by a week on my 4 night Enchantment cruise yesterday and still received the balcony discount. I would suspect that they are in the process of eliminating it but are delayed just as they are with the new itineraries. Glad I got my change in.

In the past (and all bets are off now:rolleyes:), they have always used the rules in force based on the date of the original booking.

Edited by clarea

In the past (and all bets are off now:rolleyes:), they have always used the rules in force based on the date of the original booking.

I was thinking it would be like losing the extra $25 balcony discount when you made changes and were now within the 6 months of sailing.

I was so excited to hit Platinum on the cruise we leave on tomorrow, so I could come back and apply the balcony discount to my other booked cruises. They weren't huge discounts, but they were discounts. And I was planning on booking a 5-night while on board.

Now, not so excited.

I checked my "Open Bookings" (I bought TWO of them on my Jewel of the Seas cruise) and both accurately indicate the purchase date as March 14. I sure hope they HONOR the terms in place on the DATE OF PURCHASE, because I bought them based on the promotional material in the cabin...which included the OLD policies. I intend to use them on future 7-night cruises, but I want to get the $100 of OBC I was told I'd receive when I purchased, and not the new $25 of OBC currently offered. NO MENTION was made of this change during my cruise. I wasn't even aware of it until I returned! There is no way on earth I'd have tied up $400 for $50 worth of OBC! Totally not enough ROI!

And the terms state this....

1. Special rates on Balcony & Suite Staterooms is a discount off to applicable balcony and suite categories only and is available to Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor Society members .

LOL

Now really. Does this mean Pinnacle Club members are being left out? Who proof reads this stuff?

Gina

And the terms state this....

1. Special rates on Balcony & Suite Staterooms is a discount off to applicable balcony and suite categories only and is available to Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor Society members .

LOL

Now really. Does this mean Pinnacle Club members are being left out? Who proof reads this stuff?

Gina

Gina, they probably just never updated those Tc & Cs after the Pinnacle tier was created.

But after thinking about the issue, RC is enjoying a $50+- stock, bookings are up, nothing major has occurred to make cruisers go away, so why not attempted to bring the bottom line up.

I wonder how this might effect, all of us who own stock. I never read all posts so did anyone see if the shareholders benefits have or will change with the new OBC offers.

Just logged in and found that our balcony discounts have increased.

Emerald discount 6-9 night has gone from $125 to $250.

10+ nights has gone from $225 to $350.

This has just offset any losses in OBC from the NCC.

Happy again.:)

Only if you book on board apparently. Go ahead, try a mock booking and see what you get. I just did. The discount remained the same as before

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Just logged in and found that our balcony discounts have increased.

Emerald discount 6-9 night has gone from $125 to $250.

10+ nights has gone from $225 to $350.

This has just offset any losses in OBC from the NCC.

Happy again.:)

I'm not seeing an increase on the D+ amounts. It's still $250 for 6-9 nights and $350 for 10+ nights.

Are you sure you're not reading the column (NEW Total Savings) that adds the balcony discount to the OBC?

Edited by clarea

I'm not seeing an increase on the D+ amounts. It's still $250 for 6-9 nights and $350 for 10+ nights.

Are you sure you're not reading the column (NEW Total Savings) that adds the balcony discount to the OBC?

Nope. The total new savings column is $350.

Great, I bet they have loaded the D+ amounts into Emerald as a mistake.:(

I just purchased, on March 9th, 2 open bookings and they both say I can get from $25 to $200 OBC (the "old" range) depending on the length of the cruise when I assign them to a cruise. So which is correct my hard copy, just issued, or their new rules?

Thanks, Steve

I just purchased, on March 9th, 2 open bookings and they both say I can get from $25 to $200 OBC (the "old" range) depending on the length of the cruise when I assign them to a cruise. So which is correct my hard copy, just issued, or their new rules?

Thanks, Steve

Someone did mention that the old ones were grandfathered in. Kind of like the ones were from way back in 2008 I believe when they changed them.

Thanks, Steve

Since you purchased before March 15, you should be on the old rules.

Diamond was only $225 booked 6 months out and is now showing $250. for 6-9 nights.

I wonder also if they have them loaded wrong as that would increase the savings? (now why would they do that)? :D

And does this new policy only apply if booked onboard? Will we still get our balcony discount if booked online etc? I am so confused...

Diamond was only $225 booked 6 months out and is now showing $250. for 6-9 nights.

I wonder also if they have them loaded wrong as that would increase the savings? (now why would they do that)? :D

And does this new policy only apply if booked onboard? Will we still get our balcony discount if booked online etc? I am so confused...

Normally, I'd say you can book any way and get the balcony discount, but after the last few months of seeing all the ways Royal is reducing/eliminating perks, I can't be sure anymore.

I still get $225 on an 8 night I've been watching. :confused: Could it be there is some other discount? If the discount appears in both columns of the 'summary of charges' then it is an additional discount of some kind. The C&A discount will only appear in the first column.

I still get $225 on an 8 night I've been watching. :confused: Could it be there is some other discount? If the discount appears in both columns of the 'summary of charges' then it is an additional discount of some kind. The C&A discount will only appear in the first column.

That could be resident or senior?

That could be resident or senior?

Most likely resident or senior, but it could be law enforcement or Military? With the new system you can find out all the discounts by using 'advanced search' and checking only the 'Exclusive Savings' that apply.

Thanks, Steve

I would say your hard copy is correct. And don't throw away that paper. I'm keeping mine, too. One is attached to each open booking I have.

Gina

I checked my "Open Bookings" (I bought TWO of them on my Jewel of the Seas cruise) and both accurately indicate the purchase date as March 14. I sure hope they HONOR the terms in place on the DATE OF PURCHASE, because I bought them based on the promotional material in the cabin...which included the OLD policies. I intend to use them on future 7-night cruises, but I want to get the $100 of OBC I was told I'd receive when I purchased, and not the new $25 of OBC currently offered. NO MENTION was made of this change during my cruise. I wasn't even aware of it until I returned! There is no way on earth I'd have tied up $400 for $50 worth of OBC! Totally not enough ROI!

Likewise, I purchased 3 on my recent cruise. All 3 confirmations are dated 14th March but when I rang to check everything was ok, they said deposit payments were only put through their system on the 15th (after midnight on the 14th) and that it is why documentation shows the new lower rate OBC's. Still waiting for confirmation that I will receive the old (higher) obc when I come to book a future cruise.

Again, as above has quoted, no mention at all of these changes!!!

Likewise, I purchased 3 on my recent cruise. All 3 confirmations are dated 14th March but when I rang to check everything was ok, they said deposit payments were only put through their system on the 15th (after midnight on the 14th) and that it is why documentation shows the new lower rate OBC's. Still waiting for confirmation that I will receive the old (higher) obc when I come to book a future cruise.

Again, as above has quoted, no mention at all of these changes!!!

I boarded a ship prior to the change from cruise credits to cruise points. I disembarked after the rule change. They would never budge on giving me the credits and converting them to points which would have been to my advantage. And it wouldn't have affected their bottom line at all. I hope you have better luck.

Gina