Changes to the Next Cruise Program

Sorry if this has already been posted. It looks like now the OBC for booking onboard will be based on the type of cabin you book.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/13034733_NextCruise_Open_Booking_form_TA.pdf

Edited by molly361

Sorry if this has already been posted. It looks like now the OBC for booking onboard will be based on the type of cabin you book.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/13034733_NextCruise_Open_Booking_form_TA.pdf

Thanks Ellen.

I like that the suite is now given more OBC, and I hope that "suite" means JS or better.

I also noticed that there's no more OBC for 3/4 day cruises.

It would be great if the new amounts are retroactive to cruises already got booked.

Edited by clarea

Also the OBC from a Next Cruise Cert/Open Booking, is much lower from 15th March :eek:

Wow, I didn't catch that until you pointed it out. I guess they don't want you to use Next Cruise certificates. This should make the LA's busier.

Thanks Ellen.

I like that the suite is now given more OBC, and I hope that "suite" means JS or better.

I also noticed that there's no more OBC for 3/4 day cruises.

It would be great if the new amounts are retroactive to cruises already got booked.

That is going to make more work for the LA staff. Maybe that is the point?:confused: It looks like you can't get the higher amount unless you pick a specific cruise.

Catch this wonderful gotcha in the fine print:

If the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise

Wow, I didn't catch that until you pointed it out. I guess they don't want you to use Next Cruise certificates. This should make the LA's busier.

I have to learn to type faster:p see post #7

Edited by molly361

If the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise

Good catch Bob :D

So then I guess my scenario wouldn't work. I was thinking just book a Next Cruise for whatever ship/stateroom/date then when you get home you can research what you really want and change it!

Edited by Shekim

I saw that. So now if I have a couple of short cruises booked with $25 OBC, I wonder if I move them to a 7 night cruise I would still get my $100 OBC. (balcony cabin) Guess I may have to try to max out the ones I have:rolleyes:

I wonder if someone calls tomorrow (I think the start date is 3/15) if RCL will know the answers

Edited by molly361

From $100 to $25 obc for a 7 Day cruise. They just about made it worthless.......

Going to save me $200 on my cruise in May. Was going to do two open NCC. Considering Allure or Oasis sometime in the future. The current $100 OBC would have been worth it. But with this change, pretty much useless, like you said.

anybody know if you already have a cruise booked with a ncc , in dec 2014 , if they will change the obc amount ,even though its booked already ? :confused:

dave

In the past when they made changes to next cruise the changes only applied to the ones purchased after the given change date.

Thanks for posting the links. The change in OBC for onboard bookings doesn't surprise me...because Celebrity changed their OBC too. Plus Celebrity reduced the OBC for Transatlantic and Transpacific sailings even further. Most likely, RCI will follow...I hope not.

I think this new change will be effective for those bookings made onboard after the date of this new plan....at least I hope.

Definitely not worth buying a NCC in the future. We usually have a couple on hand so when the new itineraries come out we can jump on it & get our choice of rooms. Can't very well book a cruise onboard when it hasn't even been released yet.

We want to book Quantum for Nov 2015 when we're on Grandeur next week. We figured worse case is we'd get a NCC and book when the schedule opened up. Now, because of their tardiness in putting the schedule out, we could lose obc and get screwed? Really?

We didn't want to wait til this Nov because just like on EX, it appears suites go really fast and we always book at least a JS.

Edited by BND