Changes to the Next Cruise Program

Here's the new "fine print" under the boxes on our C&A Tier Level Page. Note that it only includes Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus!!!:eek:

Offer is valid for new individual bookings only. Decide Now (pick your ship/sail date now) Credit varies by length of sailing and stateroom type. Decide Later Open Booking credit varies by length of sailing only. Offer is subject to availability, may be withdrawn without notice, and is non-transferable.

This offer can only be combined with the Platinum Diamond CAS discount or a CAS Savings Certificate. This offer cannot be combined with another Onboard credit on the same reservation. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, with no cash value, not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. Certain restrictions apply.

1. Special rates on Balcony & Suite Staterooms is a discount off to applicable balcony and suite categories only and is available to Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor Society members .

Savings are not redeemable for cash and not transferable. When reserving, applicable offer code and loyalty number must be referenced. This offer can only be used ith the Onboard Booking Bonus while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship.

This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer. Savings Certificates cannot be combined with MyCruiseSM Rewards Companion Fare and Free Cruise Fare. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review.

Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates and space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation.

Platinum, Diamond, and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor members will receive an increased discount for booking a saildate outside of 6 months. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive toll-free number (888) 437-1953 to make arrangements.

I boarded a ship prior to the change from cruise credits to cruise points. I disembarked after the rule change. They would never budge on giving me the credits and converting them to points which would have been to my advantage. And it wouldn't have affected their bottom line at all. I hope you have better luck.

Gina

While I wasn't actually onboard a ship like you were, that change was made after the final payment date for one of my cruises. They wouldn't budge for me either. It cost me 17 cruise nights. I would have been diamond already if they had made the change after that cruise instead of before. Instead, I won't be diamond until after my next 2 cruises.

Here's the new "fine print" under the boxes on our C&A Tier Level Page. Note that it only includes Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus!!!:eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42109376&postcount=336

That's what I said 4 hours ago. So where does that leave PC?....LOL And everyone gets the same discount? Something isn't right here. As usual they release things before they have it straight. Or they release it so that we can proof read it here and straighten them out. We are suddenly volunteers for RCI. :)

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Offer is valid for new individual bookings only. Decide Now (pick your ship/sail date now) Credit varies by length of sailing and stateroom type. Decide Later Open Booking credit varies by length of sailing only. Offer is subject to availability, may be withdrawn without notice, and is non-transferable.

This offer can only be combined with the Platinum Diamond CAS discount or a CAS Savings Certificate. This offer cannot be combined with another Onboard credit on the same reservation. Onboard credit is in U.S. dollars, with no cash value, not transferable and will expire if not used by 10:00 pm on the last evening of the cruise. Certain restrictions apply.

1. Special rates on Balcony & Suite Staterooms is a discount off to applicable balcony and suite categories only and is available to Platinum, Diamond and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor Society members .

Savings are not redeemable for cash and not transferable. When reserving, applicable offer code and loyalty number must be referenced. This offer can only be used ith the Onboard Booking Bonus while making a reservation onboard a Royal Caribbean ship.

This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares and is not combinable with any other promotion or offer. Savings Certificates cannot be combined with MyCruiseSM Rewards Companion Fare and Free Cruise Fare. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review.

Discount applies on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates and space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation.

Platinum, Diamond, and Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor members will receive an increased discount for booking a saildate outside of 6 months. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive toll-free number (888) 437-1953 to make arrangements.

So Emerald and Pinnacle have been missed out.

:confused:

With the changes made to the website these discounts are broken out in the Summary of Charges. They aren't labeled very well but you can see them.

So this is a new change and it will show separately, if applicable.

So this is a new change and it will show separately, if applicable.

It's been available for a few months. I attached a PDF.

EDIT: Which of course didn't work. But it shows up as a discount.

Edited by steveru621

Although we have reserved 3 or 4 cruises while on a ship, we have never actually gone on the reserved reservation. We always found a better deal on another ship or a better deal on the same ship. We just cancelled and rebooked. Also, as long as they still offer a stockholder OBC we have always done better with that.

As much as I love Royal - and I do as you can see, not happy about these changes. I have 7 FCC so at least I will get the OBC on our short cruises but not happy at all about taking away the balcony discount. We always get balconies on 4 night cruises

Just makes it easier to compare Celebrity and Princess for our short cruises.

I love Royal for a lot of reasons and enjoy the DL and CL on our cruises, but will be comparing prices on all 3 lines now if I cannot get OBC or balcony for anything other than a 7 night cruise.

If I am reading it right, they always took away $100 of balcony discount for D+. We used to get $350 on a 7 night cruise and now we are only getting $250??? What is up with that!!!

Edited by karena1

As much as I love Royal - and I do as you can see, not happy about these changes. I have 7 FCC so at least I will get the OBC on our short cruises but not happy at all about taking away the balcony discount. We always get balconies on 4 night cruises

Just makes it easier to compare Celebrity and Princess for our short cruises.

I love Royal for a lot of reasons and enjoy the DL and CL on our cruises, but will be comparing prices on all 3 lines now if I cannot get OBC or balcony for anything other than a 7 night cruise.

If I am reading it right, they always took away $100 of balcony discount for D+. We used to get $350 on a 7 night cruise and now we are only getting $250??? What is up with that!!!

It's always been $250 for a 7 night cruise.

Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

Edited by cruisenfever

It's always been $250 for a 7 night cruise.

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*Subtract $25 if booking within 6 months of departure.

sorry my mistake, was looking at it wrong

Although we have reserved 3 or 4 cruises while on a ship, we have never actually gone on the reserved reservation. We always found a better deal on another ship or a better deal on the same ship. We just cancelled and rebooked. Also, as long as they still offer a stockholder OBC we have always done better with that.

We typically go on a short cruise once a year, on Majesty of the Seas, out of Miami. The only balcony cabins on her are Suites, so we take an Ocean View. Discounts are rare on her sailings for the cabins we take, so we look for a good cruise price and we can use our stockholder OBC to get a little 'extra'.

We never had more than 1 FCC at a time. What we did like about the FCC is the smaller deposit. We will deal with the changes....it isn't going to 'ruin' my cruising experiences.

Edited by Paulette3028

Diamond was only $225 booked 6 months out and is now showing $250. for 6-9 nights.

I wonder also if they have them loaded wrong as that would increase the savings? (now why would they do that)? :D

And does this new policy only apply if booked onboard? Will we still get our balcony discount if booked online etc? I am so confused...

I called RCL.. There is an issue with the CAS webpage right now and the 3-4 night Balcony & Suite discount isnt showing, however this has not been elimiated and just a technical error which will be corrected shortly. Only the OBC chart changed.

I called RCL.. There is an issue with the CAS webpage right now and the 3-4 night Balcony & Suite discount isnt showing, however this has not been elimiated and just a technical error which will be corrected shortly. Only the OBC chart changed.

I just read the same thing from another poster on a separate thread who also called. It doesn't look like they're in any hurry to take it down. :confused:

I just read the same thing from another poster on a separate thread who also called. It doesn't look like they're in any hurry to take it down. :confused:

Maybe they just happy it is "up and running". :) Then any future "discrepancies/problems" they can continue to blame on "computer glitches" :D

Ray in NH

I was so excited to hit Platinum on the cruise we leave on tomorrow, so I could come back and apply the balcony discount to my other booked cruises. They weren't huge discounts, but they were discounts. And I was planning on booking a 5-night while on board.

Now, not so excited.

Actually, that's a question I had. We will be Diamond when we walk off our next sailing on the the 30th. IF we book onboard, would they give us the Diamond balcony discount? If not, would they apply it afterwards?

This was my other question. Based on what you posted, would I be correct in assuming that one would be eligible for both the Balcony discount AND the OBC from booking a sailing on board?

Thanx,

Erika