Deluxe guarantee on silhouette is that definitely a suite

mydreamvacation

At the moment we are booked in a AQ1 cabin on the Silhouette sailing 5/29/14. It has been a hard year to put it mildly with my breaking my arm, shoulder, rib and a rotator cuff injury. Plus this is a big anniversary for my husband and I. I see I can move to the deluxe gty for about $1500. We always sail in suites but I am surprising him and therefor paying for it all myself. I would like to wow him and would go for it if I can be sure we would be put in a suite not just stuck in the AQ still. Yes I know AQ gets to go to

Blu but I already bought five specialty dinners so that would only leave 7 nights to Blu anyhow. Has anyone taken that deal and if so what category did you get ? I called X and the girl was no help at all. She said AQ is considered deluxe and I replied why would I pay. $1500 more to stay where I am ? Her reply was its a gamble you could end up it a top

Suite or just stay in the AQ that usually it is done by people in lower categories. To complicate things more I see there is a s2 suite that is on a weekend special for an additional cost of only around $1300 than my AQ1 but if I move to that I will lose my beverage package that I already upgraded. I have two more months of intense PT to get my arm ready for this trip and really want it to be perfect. Does anyone have first hand experience with this deluxe gty category? It wasn't there when we first booked today is final payment due date. I have already paid in full but I am pretty sure they would be happy to take my $1500 and resell my cabin. I am fairly certain my husband if he knew about this would say just stay put but I am also fairly certain the added comforts of a suite would be appreciated especially after pitting up with me for 25 years.

At the moment we are booked in a AQ1 cabin on the Silhouette sailing 5/29/14. It has been a hard year to put it mildly with my breaking my arm, shoulder, rib and a rotator cuff injury. Plus this is a big anniversary for my husband and I. I see I can move to the deluxe gty for about $1500. We always sail in suites but I am surprising him and therefor paying for it all myself. I would like to wow him and would go for it if I can be sure we would be put in a suite not just stuck in the AQ still. Yes I know AQ gets to go to

Blu but I already bought five specialty dinners so that would only leave 7 nights to Blu anyhow. Has anyone taken that deal and if so what category did you get ? I called X and the girl was no help at all. She said AQ is considered deluxe and I replied why would I pay. $1500 more to stay where I am ? Her reply was its a gamble you could end up it a top

Suite or just stay in the AQ that usually it is done by people in lower categories. To complicate things more I see there is a s2 suite that is on a weekend special for an additional cost of only around $1300 than my AQ1 but if I move to that I will lose my beverage package that I already upgraded. I have two more months of intense PT to get my arm ready for this trip and really want it to be perfect. Does anyone have first hand experience with this deluxe gty category? It wasn't there when we first booked today is final payment due date. I have already paid in full but I am pretty sure they would be happy to take my $1500 and resell my cabin. I am fairly certain my husband if he knew about this would say just stay put but I am also fairly certain the added comforts of a suite would be appreciated especially after pitting up with me for 25 years.

A Suite is not listed as a "Deluxe", but as a "Suite". Deluxe refers to veranda cabins. You can get a suite with a veranda guarantee, but it would be extremely rare on Celebrity. Only a "suite Guarantee, guarantees a Suite.

I see the Suite Guarantee on that sailing. It is a category "W" and you will not get an AQ cabin - you will at the least get a SS2. Have fun:D

That's what I thought but the lady said it could end up being an AQ as it says Deluxe gty not ste gty but it's higher up on the list very confusing

That's what I thought but the lady said it could end up being an AQ as it says Deluxe gty not ste gty but it's higher up on the list very confusing

AQ and suites are two different categories. If there's a suite guarantee, you'll get a suite. Call back and get someone who knows what she's talking about. Not all Celebrity reps are created equal.

There are 2 guarantees on your sailing...W (suite) and deluxe (balcony cabins including AQ, CC etc)...when you talked to the rep it sounds like you were referring to the deluxe gty....call back and ask about the W gty...

Good suggestions. I would also think if you move to any GTY you will lose your 123 Promo. I know that I did when I took advanced of a great deal for a W GTY.

I do not thin $1500 to upgrade to a Suite GTY from A1 is a very good deal anyway.

Good suggestions. I would also think if you move to any GTY you will lose your 123 Promo. I know that I did when I took advanced of a great deal for a W GTY.

I do not thin $1500 to upgrade to a Suite GTY from A1 is a very good deal anyway.

Why do you think it is not a good deal? The extra space is wonderful plus you get a butler, afternoon tea etc!! Can eat in Blu at breakfast and at dinner on a space available basis on the days between their 5 specialty restaurant dinners (and maybe one more for being in a suite) What's not to like:D:D

The delixe gty "w" is listed as higher than the AQ there is a cc class gty as well so I would think it would be a suite. My understanding about the 123 promo as long as I stay at the standard non discounted rate (not the weekend special) I should retain my perks. I have called X four times today hiding away from my husband and no one can give me a firm answer. I personally don't care about the $1500 after what we have gone though this year that is not even part of the equation. Please do not judge me on that I just want to have this trip be as special as possible plus it will give me something to focus on .

A new question. I looked up the lowest level suite a sky suite and it does not say priority embarkation or debarkation. Certainly if the AQ has it the lowest suite would correct? I am concerned it will sell out before I can get someone who is "in the know" on celebrity on Monday. ( my guess is the weekend might not have the top of the line csrs).

I really appreciate the input from people who have sailed X and know the scoop. We only sailed them once on the Summit years ago in a sky suite so I don't have a lot of personal knowledge to draw upon.

A new question. I looked up the lowest level suite a sky suite and it does not say priority embarkation or debarkation. Certainly if the AQ has it the lowest suite would correct? I am concerned it will sell out before I can get someone who is "in the know" on celebrity on Monday. ( my guess is the weekend might not have the top of the line csrs).

I really appreciate the input from people who have sailed X and know the scoop. We only sailed them once on the Summit years ago in a sky suite so I don't have a lot of personal knowledge to draw upon.

Sure hope you can find someone at Celebrity who knows what he/she is talking about. Have you tried asking for a supervisor? Did you ever sign up for the Captain's Club? Have you tried calling them?

A sky suite will have priority embarcation. As far as debarcation is concerned, it really doesn't matter. You are sent forms to fill out and return--you specify when you want to leave the ship.

Sure hope you can find someone at Celebrity who knows what he/she is talking about. Have you tried asking for a supervisor? Did you ever sign up for the Captain's Club? Have you tried calling them?

A sky suite will have priority embarcation. As far as debarcation is concerned, it really doesn't matter. You are sent forms to fill out and return--you specify when you want to leave the ship.

Thank you happy cruiser. Unfortunately I keep getting conflicting information each time I call X. Frustrating especially when one is trying to be secretive. My husband does not even know we are going. He thinks we are visiting Italy in August not heading out at the end of May.

I have decided to do it . I just withdrew some money from my mutual fund so he won't know. As long as I don't loose my pick your perk beverage package that I upgraded I can't understand why I would if it is standard pricing.

I honestly am at the point I don't care what it costs I am a very lucky woman to be married to this man and I want to completely WOW him like he did me after my accident and took two weeks off from work just to help me get out of bed to go to the bathroom. There is not enough in the world I can do to repay his devotion and kindness but surprising him with a trip first class is a start. My friend in Rome is in on it and he will pick us up so I really don't care about debarkation. Just worried about 78 days and how fast I can heal when it's already be 90. I want him to have every perk and luxury he deserves it

I honestly am at the point I don't care what it costs I am a very lucky woman to be married to this man and I want to completely WOW him like he did me after my accident and took two weeks off from work just to help me get out of bed to go to the bathroom. There is not enough in the world I can do to repay his devotion and kindness but surprising him with a trip first class is a start.

And you sound like quite a woman. I hope you have a wonderful trip. :)

Edited by Texed

And you sound like quite a woman. I hope you have a wonderful trip. :)

Thank you. Tomorrow I will call and change as long as they can protect my perk. Have a wonderful evening everyone. Time to play "marionette " with the pulley thing. At least dh taped survivor so I have something to watch while touring myself.

I really appreciate your help, wish I could have gotten the answers easier from X but I guess sometimes you need t go to the "been there done that" people I did the math and as long as I don't lose the drink ok fit will cost me $1750 (forgot I had the upgrade from A2to A1 from our other suite. ). Totally worth it

Good luck with the change of category -- hope it's the very best suite possible! You and your husband really deserve an especially wonderful cruise!

Please keep us all posted as to the outcome. We've all got our fingers crossed for you.:)

Thank you. Tomorrow I will call and change as long as they can protect my perk. Have a wonderful evening everyone. Time to play "marionette " with the pulley thing. At least dh taped survivor so I have something to watch while touring myself.

I really appreciate your help, wish I could have gotten the answers easier from X but I guess sometimes you need t go to the "been there done that" people I did the math and as long as I don't lose the drink ok fit will cost me $1750 (forgot I had the upgrade from A2to A1 from our other suite. ). Totally worth it

Try calling Captain's Club, you will likely get someone more knowledgeable.

Good Luck!! :)

Make absolutely sure you're upgrading to cat W (suite guarantee) and don't make any reference to "deluxe" since in this case it applies to non-suite veranda categories on your sailing.

And, yes, before you upgrade to cat W, make sure you can retain your perks in the upgrade process before signing the dotted line.

Finally, is this $1500 you're speaking of the total amount of the upgrade for the two of you or per person ($3000 total)????

Best of luck in your upgrade process!

I know exactly what you are trying to do. I am doing the same, this has to be a perfect vacation, we both need it. This is our 20th anniversary and I also had a very long recovery after knee surgery and a back injury in November. I'm still going to physical therapy! I ended up booking AQ 1141 (aft cabin) Summit Deck 11. We have our premium drink package and a reservation in Qsine. If I knew that I could have the guarantee of a perfect CS suite I wouldn't care about paying for the upgrade either. Good luck....I hope you can get the answers you need to make a decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Make absolutely sure you're upgrading to cat W (suite guarantee) and don't make any reference to "deluxe" since in this case it applies to non-suite veranda categories on your sailing.

And, yes, before you upgrade to cat W, make sure you can retain your perks in the upgrade process before signing the dotted line.

Finally, is this $1500 you're speaking of the total amount of the upgrade for the two of you or per person ($3000 total)????

Best of luck in your upgrade process!

It is $1500 total for both of us actually I think $1700 but not a huge amount of money. I am going to call tomorrow and make sure I don't lose our perks I don't think we should as the price says standard. My biggest worry now is that the lowest suite (obv I would hope for higher than sky suite but going with reality that's what we would prob get) doesn't say priority boarding which seems off when AQ does

It is $1500 total for both of us actually I think $1700 but not a huge amount of money. I am going to call tomorrow and make sure I don't lose our perks I don't think we should as the price says standard. My biggest worry now is that the lowest suite (obv I would hope for higher than sky suite but going with reality that's what we would prob get) doesn't say priority boarding which seems off when AQ does

I recently booked a W. There are multiple available suites on our May cruise, including some very nice ones. We got our assignment one week after booking...we got an S2. As four S2 cabins all became unavailable while availability of other suites did not cahnge, I think everybody else assigned that day also got S2, and a couple of them likely were assigned handicapped S2. I knew I should expect an S2, but with so many nicer suites available, I admit I had to supress a tiny bit disappointed when we 'only' got an S2.

Before you book the W, be certain that you'd be happy enough in any available suite, including the regular S2 and the accessible S2. Good luck and have a wonderful trip.

I recently booked a W. There are multiple available suites on our May cruise, including some very nice ones. We got our assignment one week after booking...we got an S2. As four S2 cabins all became unavailable while availability of other suites did not cahnge, I think everybody else assigned that day also got S2, and a couple of them likely were assigned handicapped S2. I knew I should expect an S2, but with so many nicer suites available, I admit I had to supress a tiny bit disappointed when we 'only' got an S2.

Before you book the W, be certain that you'd be happy enough in any available suite, including the regular S2 and the accessible S2. Good luck and have a wonderful trip.

I already figured it will be an s2 as there are several of them left but only a handful of higher suites. I still think it is worth it as I have no idea psi wise where I will be in two months so the better bed and ability to have a nice dinner in suite is a big plus. I am already making two days be sea days for us so that I don't push it too hard. We have been to Naples and everything around it over 10 times and spend two weeks in Sicily every other year so those two ports we will just relax. Even the s2 has a bigger veranda then the AQ1. I see we will get two more nights specialty dining and I already paid for five so that only leaves five nights I would miss out on Blu and from what I heard suites can go there if there is room. I like the idea of being able to eat on our veranda. The only other time we sailed x it was in a sky suite. I thought it was small but lovely when the butler set up the table on the veranda for us with the white cloth and china. Granted a tight fit but just lovely. He was one of the best butlers we ever had and got a very large tip that last morning.

My DH and I have upgraded to Suite Guarantees a few times. In most cases, you will get and S2 handicapped suite as they hold them last if they aren't booked up. If not, of course then you could get a non-handicapped S2, then down the line up to the Penthouse!

We were able to upgrade to an S1 on our next cruise, which is in one week. We will still get our drink package and cruise credit, as we originally booked on board. We were advised the only thing we will not get is the Captains Club cruise credit as I was told since we are paying less and originally booked a CC cabin, that is the points we will be entitled to. Not happy about that!

At least we did pick the cabin of our choice, which in my experience is a good thing and save some money.

Good luck- enjoy your cruise