Do Princess read the CC boards

Eaglemad

You do know that Princess reads these boards, don't you? If you didn't, they do. :)

Sorry to take a post from another thread, but Pam's comment makes me wonder if Princess are reading CC boards, why don't they answer members queries and complaints? :D

Liability. Some employees might browse and respond from time to time without mentioning it, but most corporate contracts have strict guidelines about forums, social media, et cetera. For anything to be an official Princess answer, it would have to be dine through an official Princess channel.

These boards are meant for us to ask questions, share experiences, and critique expectations against reality, and then try to help each other out. It's not meant as a Q&A for Princess Cruises to reply to. To answer your question, YES, they do read them. And on occasion an executive from the cruise line is a guest for a Q&A session. But most all questions can be answered by those of us who have actually been on the ships recently.

And if someone has a valid complaint they want addressed, contact Princess Cruises Customer Service. If you don't get a reply that's satisfactory, elevate it to the next person in the chain of command.

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

These boards are meant for us to ask questions, share experiences, and critique expectations against reality, and then try to help each other out. It's not meant as a Q&A for Princess Cruises to reply to. To answer your question, YES, they do read them. And on occasion an executive from the cruise line is a guest for a Q&A session. But most all questions can be answered by those of us who have actually been on the ships recently.

And if someone has a valid complaint they want addressed, contact Princess Cruises Customer Service. If you don't get a reply that's satisfactory, elevate it to the next person in the chain of command.

Fair call and understandable that Princess wouldn't answer every query or complaint on these boards, but it would be nice if they could answer questions in regards to fleet changes, policy changes that would have no legal ramifications.

Then again if all questions were answered by Princess it would deprive all members of CC the enjoyment of sharing information with each other :)

Fair call and understandable that Princess wouldn't answer every query or complaint on these boards, but it would be nice if they could answer questions in regards to fleet changes, policy changes that would have no legal ramifications.

Then again if all questions were answered by Princess it would deprive all members of CC the enjoyment of sharing information with each other :)

I can see why Princess Cruises would not want to answer questions or release information on fleet changes prior to an official announcement as it 'takes the wind out of their sails'. Anyways, the build up is much more exciting as we guess out way into a stupor. ;)

As for the fleet redeployments or changes, sometimes we may not understand the madness behind the reasoning. Most of the time, 'they follow the money' or are adjusting to new guidelines (i.e. new Venice regulations) or new consumer demand (Asia). So explaining it may not satisfy everyone's personal desires or preferences on where they think/want the ships should be.

Policy changes are usually the result of long standing research in customer complaints or preferences, like the new smoking policy or enforcing the alcohol allowances for passengers embarking the ship. These are 'sort of' answered when the press releases announcing the new rules are published on their website.

And sometimes they just don't have to explain it to us. ;)

Edited by dmwnc1959

They would be crazy not to read these boards.

I'm sure they get a pretty good chuckle out of some of the assumptions people make. Such as, they can identify passengers by screen name. Or some of the tip threads. Or booze smuggling and how serious some people can be.

I can tell you, for a fact, that they read the boards. I had an issue with the FCC person onboard a cruise, as did other passengers and I was contacted by Princess via phone and everything was resolved.

They know us by our "names", "avatars" and they read what we have to say! They can contact us by phone through information that they've been given, and through our TA's, etc.

In my case, I got future FCC's and a problem resolved because of something I said on Cruise Critic.

I know for a fact that a Carnival Rep reads the Carnival boards. Her job is to read all of the posts. She also takes care of and answers questions on Carnivals funville. Sometimes she does respond but more often not, she does not respond. I believe she has a couple of hundred posts.

Since Carnival has a person that reads all of the Carnival forum posts on Cruise Critic, it would make sense that Princess would do the same.

Sorry to take a post from another thread, but Pam's comment makes me wonder if Princess are reading CC boards, why don't they answer members queries and complaints? :D

Yes they do read and they post with their own Princess CC name, with a general response.

Judging from some responses here on CC I don't blame them for not wanting to post any answers to anything.

Captain Nash told us that the Princess and Cunard boards are read and a summary list of issues and comments prepared daily. (Hopefully they cut out all the snark). He also said his wife would email and say, "NOW what have you done?" (That I can easily believe).

Yes, I can confirm he said that. Got a good chuckle out of everyone.

Princess, like every other company, does monitor internet sites of relevance, of which Cruise Critic is one.

But they are generally not going to respond here, because they have no control over the venue. One of the golden rules of social media management for corporations is to control the channel. So they will respond on facebook, or perhaps twitter, where they have direct control over a message, but not here, where posts are locked after X time.

And to be fair, those channels probably reach a much wider audience.

Also, Princess does not have authority to ask a post be removed as a company. Is it possible someone affiliated with them 'reported' a thread? Sure, but I suspect it is far from common practice.

Hi All

When l met a number of Princess executives l was not introduced by name but as Shogun from CC they knew who l was, add in e mails from ships Captains thanking me for posting the facts and Princess not only reads these boards but are very interested in what is posted.

On one cruise l posted about a waiter having water thrown over him next day the Captain came up to me and asked for more details.

Yours Shogun

PS Puppy getting big great fun but hard work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

I also believe that they read CC. They would be foolish not to.

I would love to be one of those having the job of cruising through CC to find topics that are hot or interesting about my company. Heck I do it now. :D

It is a great asset for CCL. :D

I started a 'live from' thread for a Ruby Princess cruise and the next day at our M&G the Captain asked for me by name, I wasn't there as I napped thru the M&G. When I saw him at CC party he said he had read my posts ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Oy, excuse the auto correct ;)

They did respond on this forum a while ago regarding our complaints about the balcony furniture on the ships.

Sorry I missed that. Did they tell us to suck it up or that they would think about some way to have comfortable furniture on the balconies?:D

Like the others, I know for a fact that Princess reads the boards. And has read them for years. And not just corporate. :)

As for Carnival, John Heald is the "brand ambassador" and uses FB to respond to questions, requests and concerns. He admits frequently to not knowing or being aware of issues onboard and appreciates the feedback directly from passengers. Like those of us on CC, he's always learning something new.

Sorry I missed that. Did they tell us to suck it up or that they would think about some way to have comfortable furniture on the balconies?:D

They posted to tell us they'd read our complaints and were upgrading the furniture.

Their user name is "Princess Cruises". A search of the forum for all posts by Princess Cruises returns 8 threads containing their posts.

The most recent response is in Coral's "Come Back New" thread started on February 14th of this year. It is post #12.

I also can confirm that they read the threads.

Years ago we were on the old Royal and I was doing a "Live From". I commented about an especially nice young man who was constantly cleaning the stairs. The day after my post he thanked me and told me Corporate had sent a copy of my post to the ship and his supervisor had posted it in the staff room.

(I asked him how he knew it was me and he said I was the only person who ever talked to him. )

If you need proof that cruise lines monitor the threads, here is proof that Carnival monitors the Carnival threads...go to post #12.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38315995#post38315995

CCLMischelle monitors the Carnival boards and I am sure that there is someone monitoring Princess also.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Many of us in the cruise industry read these boards for comedy relief.

Some of the wacky, over the top, other-worldly stuff you people come up with is just too good to be true.

Thank you for keeping us entertained.

Edited by BruceMuzz