I am FED UP!

Ding Ding Ding…BINGO we have a winner !!!!

I've been frequenting these boards whenever we have a cruise planned since 02. I have noticed in the past year or so there is very LITTLE tolerance for those that have issues with RCI. Understandable since it is a RCI forum, but the amount and volume of snide and rude comments, IMHO, certainly has increased from when I began reading these boards.

There are a few folks on here, you know who you are :-), that give absolutely great advice without the rude or sarcastic tone, and there are a few folks, yes you know who you are as well :-), that just can't help themselves by bashing someone before they give their sage and all knowing advice.

Quoting a famous line from many years ago, …"Can't we all just get along."

Just my 2 1/2 cent observation.

This is so perfect! Where's the like button when you need one?!:D

I feel the same. I lurked on these boards for a long time just soaking up good information and tips. I have noticed for awhile that whenever someone says something unflattering to RCI they get attacked. I don't know if this happens on other threads, I only read this one. Why are people hostile? I was taught long ago that if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing. No need to clog threads with non helpful hostility. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. We don't all have to agree. I may get attacked for this too, but that's now I feel.

I agree. Everybody has a right to their opinion but nobody has the right to harass other people. Everyone can reply and state their opinion without being rude and demeaning. Those people just haven't practiced good etiquette. They don't realize that life is all about respect, getting respect and giving respect.

Actually I'm a little relieved that this was your biggest problem. I was concerened that you may have seen shorts in the MDR or someting equally a serious.

Enjoy NCL

Unless I missed it, on your last thread you never answered how long it took you to get through customs. I'm still curious.

I agree. Everybody has a right to their opinion but nobody has the right to harass other people. Everyone can reply and state their opinion without being rude and demeaning. Those people just haven't practiced good etiquette. They don't realize that life is all about respect, getting respect and giving respect.

True, BUT, the OP's tone was rather angry and hostile, and it should not be surprising that some of the replays were the same.

I'm not saying the OP shouldn't have been angry or hostile, I probably would have been too.

But that sets the tone. You can't be angry and use swears words and then expect everyone else to be cool, calm, and collected.

Right. You have a right to your opinion. And everyone else has a right to their opinion ABOUT your opinion. They don't have to agree with it. And they have the right to say so.

See how that works?

It's all in the delivery. Some here deliver sarcasm and some other attitudes that are not showing them in the best light! You can disagree and discuss differences of opinions but as they say-'try to leave the attitude at the door' :)

I know you're upst and can understand why.

There are so many good things about RCCL, but there web site appears to have many problems.(at least. I read about the many complaints)

Give RCCL another chance . after this problem resolved. They are wonderful ships

Good Luck

And... Once your a member the Crown and Anchor Customer Service Numbers is easier to get to and more helpful. I'm glad I didn't have to go through what some people are going through today on my first cruise. I did let a TA handle my first two with RC

I just tried to book a cruise on Independence Of The Seas for next year and I am so D@MN upset.

I had the perfect cabin and price picked out so I went to reserve the cruise. I was so enthused. I entered all the info and hit confirm. The same page (before it gives you a reservation number) came up again except it showed me having a negative balance :confused:. I clicked on MyCruises and it gave me the "no C&A info can be retrieved" and "No reservations found" messages. I didn't get an email confirmation, so I know it didn't go through.

Bottom line, it did not make a reservation, but took the cabin and charged by debit card $1,500 (THREE TIMES the amount it was supposed to charge).

Well all the darn changes going on I thought I should book before anything else changed and got screwed.

The best part, I've been on hold for over 90 minutes trying to get a customer svc agent. I'm done. As soon as I get this money back, Norwegian here I come.

Royal is having some major issues lately with customer service. Plus they are nickel and dime-ing everyone to death to help pay for these new ships.

I still love Royal, but my eye is wondering more and more...

I just tried to book a cruise on Independence Of The Seas for next year and I am so D@MN upset.

I had the perfect cabin and price picked out so I went to reserve the cruise. I was so enthused. I entered all the info and hit confirm. The same page (before it gives you a reservation number) came up again except it showed me having a negative balance :confused:. I clicked on MyCruises and it gave me the "no C&A info can be retrieved" and "No reservations found" messages. I didn't get an email confirmation, so I know it didn't go through.

Bottom line, it did not make a reservation, but took the cabin and charged by debit card $1,500 (THREE TIMES the amount it was supposed to charge).

Well all the darn changes going on I thought I should book before anything else changed and got screwed.

The best part, I've been on hold for over 90 minutes trying to get a customer svc agent. I'm done. As soon as I get this money back, Norwegian here I come.

OP,

Not sure what exactly is being said...Did you book and cancel? or what ???

Sometimes a very recent booking will not show up, and after signing in,

... there is link saying, "Don't see your reservation?"

Click on that, and you simply fill in a few lines of info and the computer reveals your booking on your MY CRUISES page.

Twice I've had to use this tool to see my new bookings. But you DO need your booking number given to you after booking deposit is finalized.

Mike

I totally agree regarding the hostility of many posters here. I read a lot before a cruise for info and I've been flat out beaten up over a question or 2. Don't ever make the mistake of asking a dress code question or complain about something.

It seems there are people who have nothing better to do between cruises than to belittle people. Just an observation. You won't find me in a meet and mingle...don't want to meet those people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you going to let us know what happened?

Seems to me you actually DO like Royal, and a lot of the crappy customer service issues are going to be found with all the lines.

I recently had an issue w United Airlines and my Amex card, where United put a hold on my CC for a resv later canceled, and I didnt have access to that credit for 10 days. I'm still flying United, and still using the Amex. Stuff happens. Lessons learned.

Going back to the original post and points therein...some observations:

1) I agree that Royal Caribbean can royally screw up (pun intended) just like any other company or cruise line. Things happen, and they are sometimes not pleasant experiences.

2) Using a debit card for larger purchases online is simply a bad practice that has been much publicized for years. Using a debit card creates unnecessary risk for the cardholder, and can create an avoidable self-inflicted problem.

3) With about 3.9 Million cruisers booking just last year alone on RCI, if 99% of all transactions are processed correctly (note the word "if"), then that means there will be about 39,000 problem transactions. Likely, posts here such as this one are made by those among the 39,000 and not the majority of satisfied people.

4) I agree that there seems to have been more threads of late from angry, frustrated, or ranting posters. There is no distinct single cause, but many of us do know that RCI was having some system problems in recent months, likely leading to a bigger number of problems tied to that issue.

5) I also agree that there are more posters who challenge posters who choose to complain about their experiences. From numerous threads I've witnessed...this is a 2-sided coin.

a) Often the original posts venting, ranting, complaining do not clearly state their problem or simply vent, rant, or complain without a viable purpose other than personal "therapy" to do so. Those tend to promote responses from other posters who simply have equal frustration at seeing such non-purposeful threads started - including some with antagonistic headings.

b) Some responders are indeed defensive of RCI, which is also not surprising if they have contrarian positive experiences - in some cases many years of trouble-free cruising. Repeatedly...those posts fuel the fire of a discussion worthy of dying a quick death but lasting much longer than the thread should last.

6) The moderators at this site, as well as the very long-term posters all do a super job of monitoring posting activity. When things get out of hand, they step in pretty quickly.

7) This is primarily an informational site from my perspective. I welcome, enjoy, and thank everyone who contributes.

I have been rewarded by suggestions, advice, information, reviews (and photos) and insights into make future cruise experiences better. I suspect that is the intent of 98% of the posters here, and for that I am always grateful.

Thanks to the contributors here.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

I feel the same. I lurked on these boards for a long time just soaking up good information and tips. I have noticed for awhile that whenever someone says something unflattering to RCI they get attacked. I don't know if this happens on other threads, I only read this one. Why are people hostile? I was taught long ago that if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing. No need to clog threads with non helpful hostility. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. We don't all have to agree. I may get attacked for this too, but that's now I feel.

I absolutely, 1000% agree with you. Please spread the word.

.........The best part, I've been on hold for over 90 minutes trying to get a customer svc agent. I'm done. As soon as I get this money back, Norwegian here I come.

Looking at the time you posted and how long you are on hold I am wondering if they are still opened. Maybe someone forgot to turn on the message telling you what the hours of operation are :confused:.

1) I agree that Royal Caribbean can royally screw up (pun intended) just like any other company or cruise line. Things happen, and they are sometimes not pleasant experiences.

2) Using a debit card for larger purchases online is simply a bad practice that has been much publicized for years. Using a debit card creates unnecessary risk for the cardholder, and can create an avoidable self-inflicted problem.

3) With about 3.9 Million cruisers booking just last year alone on RCI, if 99% of all transactions are processed correctly (note the word "if"), then that means there will be about 39,000 problem transactions. Likely, posts here such as this one are made by those among the 39,000 and not the majority of satisfied people.

4) I agree that there seems to have been more threads of late from angry, frustrated, or ranting posters. There is no distinct single cause, but many of us do know that RCI was having some system problems in recent months, likely leading to a bigger number of problems tied to that issue.

5) I also agree that there are more posters who challenge posters who choose to complain about their experiences. From numerous threads I've witnessed...this is a 2-sided coin.

a) Often the original posts venting, ranting, complaining do not clearly state their problem or simply vent, rant, or complain without a viable purpose other than personal "therapy" to do so. Those tend to promote responses from other posters who simply have equal frustration at seeing such non-purposeful threads started - including some with antagonistic headings.

b) Some responders are indeed defensive of RCI, which is also not surprising if they have contrarian positive experiences - in some cases many years of trouble-free cruising. Repeatedly...those posts fuel the fire of a discussion worthy of dying a quick death but lasting much longer than the thread should last.

6) The moderators at this site, as well as the very long-term posters all do a super job of monitoring posting activity. When things get out of hand, they step in pretty quickly.

7) This is primarily an informational site from my perspective. I welcome, enjoy, and thank everyone who contributes.

I have been rewarded by suggestions, advice, information, reviews (and photos) and insights into make future cruise experiences better. I suspect that is the intent of 98% of the posters here, and for that I am always grateful.

I agree on all points.

1st world problems! On a positive note, if this is your biggest issue of the day then it's a pretty good day.

Losing access to $1000, and knowing how long it can take to unravel a debit card problem, I'd say it's a significant issue.

Unless I missed it, on your last thread you never answered how long it took you to get through customs. I'm still curious.

From an earlier reply:

Yes, today was a great example of how unexpected events can slow your departure. First, RCCL system card system wasn't working properly. It seemed like 10 percent of the Seapass cards were 'invalid' and RCCL resorted to paper logs for those passengers. Then the Customs Agents decided to stage a work slowdown. Typically at 6:30 there are about 4 agents working. Today there were only 1 or 2 and sometimes only 1. I saw one of the agents stop her line and take her stack of about 25 Customs forms along with about another 25 from the other agent to the back. It was an intentional work slow down. Starting at about 6:30 it took us about 20 -25 minutes to get off the ship because of RCCL's system and another 30 -45 minutes at customs. The lines were getting much longer behind us. Security at Delta also moved at a snails pace. Today it took us about 2 hours to get to the gate instead of about 30 minutes.

Exactly. If I were in OP's shoes I would be really upset/angry that RCI's website created such an annoying glitch that put (for me at least) a significant amount of money out of reach from my bank account, and not even being able to get a live person to help me out with it. On the other hand, I also get a little fed up seeing posts like this not as a "FYI this issue is happening" or soliciting any help in escalating the issue with RCI, but rather with an angry statement of going to a competitor. My only guess is that since it is known the cruise lines at least garner some market data from these boards (although I doubt it weighs all that highly in their overall strategies) people think that by proclaiming they will be going to a competitor, the company will see it and improve the issue being complained about.

No good can come from either a threat that does no harm to anyone posting or a response trying to make light of the situation OP is in. Even worse are the blanket statements about how horrible the mentioned competitor is (which seem to come by in large from people who either never used said competitor or did only once, already expecting to dislike them). FWIW I think both are great cruise-lines overall, each with its strengths and weaknesses. Also, I and most who shop for cruising (as well as the marketers for each line) would agree NCL and RCI are at this point a parallel switch not up or down.

Let's all simmer down and stop being so flippantly insulting.

From an earlier reply:

Yes, today was a great example of how unexpected events can slow your departure. First, RCCL system card system wasn't working properly. It seemed like 10 percent of the Seapass cards were 'invalid' and RCCL resorted to paper logs for those passengers. Then the Customs Agents decided to stage a work slowdown. Typically at 6:30 there are about 4 agents working. Today there were only 1 or 2 and sometimes only 1. I saw one of the agents stop her line and take her stack of about 25 Customs forms along with about another 25 from the other agent to the back. It was an intentional work slow down. Starting at about 6:30 it took us about 20 -25 minutes to get off the ship because of RCCL's system and another 30 -45 minutes at customs. The lines were getting much longer behind us. Security at Delta also moved at a snails pace. Today it took us about 2 hours to get to the gate instead of about 30 minutes.

Thanks. I must have missed it.