Elite Status Cocktail Party

Ridget

We have reached Elite status and know of the cocktail party. Now we hear some ships provide vouchers so that you may have the flexibility to sit anywhere or with anyone regardless of "status." Any clarification on that as well as any tips on Elite level benefits would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Well, the actual reason for the use of vouchers is when there are too many Elite members on a sailing to make holding the cocktail event in the Sky Lounge. So if the decision is made for your sailing, you will be given three vouchers on the evenings the cocktail event would be taking place. The vouchers are dated and are only valid for the same hours the Happy Hour elite event would be...can't remember right now. 5 to 7 I think. They are only good for the same cocktails you would have been offered at the Elite cocktail hour. They are not good in the Martini Bar, Molecular Bar or the MDR. But you can use them to take a drink into the MDR.

The vouchers, when used, vary. On our infinity transatlantic, the vouchers were good for any drink on the classic drink package....not limited to the elite menu....but the (apparently secret) reality is that even in the elite party, they will generally give you drinks that aren't on the "menu" if you ask...and if they are under $8.

Additionally, the vouchers generally say not valid in the martini bar, but the martini bar has some of the smaller "normal" sized glasses and often will honor the vouchers like any other bar if you ask nicely.

Finally, during the elite cocktail party, they pass some hors d'oevers. When they issue vouchers, they don't pass hors d'oevers....but on the infinity TA, they set up a few very nice tables with cold cuts, cheese and some other nibblies in the sky lounge (aka constellation lounge on the infinity). Likely that was a (wonderful) ship decision..I don't think it's standard celebrity policy.

Congrats to you! There's also a morning cont'l b'fast spread with juices, cold cuts, pastries, cut up fruits, bagels etc. You can get some good coffee here as well as bloody mary, mimosa etc. It's usually held in Tuscan or some ships in Murano or Michaels Club depending on number of elites. When you get into your stateroom there will be coupons for internet, lanundry, dry clean and iron for a few items plus others. Should take a look on Celebrity website to see all your new benefits if unfamiliar.

jsf - You could have a soft drink, rather than a "drink" drink. I oftentimes choose that - I don't use a beverage package, so a "free" soda before dinner can be rather nice. (And then, not so thirsty, I can sip my wine more slowly at dinner.)

When we've had the vouchers I've often had one glass of wine or a bellini (yes they will make them for you) off-menu, and then just a glass of juice or a bottle of water or unopened can of Diet Coke for the room.

This past January when we had the elite hour up in the Sky Lounge the trays of passed around food were really good.

Is there an "Elite" cocktail party once during the entire week, or is there a nightly event as there is for Diamonds and up on the RCCL ships?

There is a nightly event as well as the Elite breakfast every morning.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sounds like the voucher policy varies by ship ( or even by bar). Just got off the Eclipse and I was refused a lemonade because it wasn't on the CC menu. The menus were posted at all the bars. Wish they could just load something on the sea pass for 5-7 PM.

Good news, there were canapés in the lounge.

Sounds like the voucher policy varies by ship ( or even by bar). Just got off the Eclipse and I was refused a lemonade because it wasn't on the CC menu. The menus were posted at all the bars. Wish they could just load something on the sea pass for 5-7 PM.

As said before, thats Celebrity, consistently inconsistent!

Sounds like the voucher policy varies by ship ( or even by bar). Just got off the Eclipse and I was refused a lemonade because it wasn't on the CC menu. The menus ewere posted at all the bars. Wish they could just load something on the sea pass for 5-7 PM.

The Policy can vary from cruise to cruise and depends solely on how many elites are on board. The default will probably be that one of the specialtiy restaurants now that Micahels is being transitioned to something else. After that they will probably hold it in the sky lounge and the final status will be vouchers. You most likely will not know until you are on board and as I stated this can change from ship to ship and cruise to cruise. It is all about the numbers.

The vouchers, when used, vary. On our infinity transatlantic, the vouchers were good for any drink on the classic drink package....not limited to the elite menu....but the (apparently secret) reality is that even in the elite party, they will generally give you drinks that aren't on the "menu" if you ask...and if they are under $8.

That policy was temporary and the menu has returned according to bar managers on our most recent cruises in February. I thought that the expanded choice (up to $8) was a new Elite perk during our Constellation cruises last fall but menus were back in early March.

That policy was temporary and the menu has returned according to bar managers on our most recent cruises in February. I thought that the expanded choice (up to $8) was a new Elite perk during our Constellation cruises last fall but menus were back in early March.

Someone had written a few weeks ago that the use of vouchers had been eliminated altogether. It was just one person. Have you heard anything about this.

Someone had written a few weeks ago that the use of vouchers had been eliminated altogether. It was just one person. Have you heard anything about this.

We had vouchers on Century on one of the B2Bs.

I was told by another cruiser who was on ML in September that vouchers would become the standard…

Two conflicting reports makes for the standard inconsistency.

I would not be surprised to learn that threads about handing in unused coupons to servers is leading to higher compensation claims.

On Eclipse a server demanded coupons as well as our key cards to process a premium drink request during the social hour. In other words the server was attempting to get double credit for one drink. If I was the owner of a business where this process was widespread, I would certainly change the compensation model. With the large number of passengers now getting the beverage package, unused vouchers being gifted to fellow cruisers or bar staff, the impact may be considerable.

We had vouchers on Century on one of the B2Bs.

I was told by another cruiser who was on ML in September that vouchers would become the standard…

Two conflicting reports makes for the standard inconsistency.

I would not be surprised to learn that threads about handing in unused coupons to servers is leading to higher compensation claims.

On Eclipse a server demanded coupons as well as our key cards to process a premium drink request during the social hour. In other words the server was attempting to get double credit for one drink. If I was the owner of a business where this process was widespread, I would certainly change the compensation model. With the large number of passengers now getting the beverage package, unused vouchers being gifted to fellow cruisers or bar staff, the impact may be considerable.

Thanks, I guess we shall see....

There is a nightly event as well as the Elite breakfast every morning.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just to clarify. It is not every night as it is with the Diamond Lounge on Royal. It is not the first night nor the night of the Senior Officer's Party.

Just to clarify. It is not every night as it is with the Diamond Lounge on Royal. It is not the first night nor the night of the Senior Officer's Party.

except when they do give vouchers the night of the senior officers party which happened on our last infinity cruise. There really is a lack of consistency...you have to be flexible on Celebrity cruises.

• 1 month later...

can fellow cruisers please share about their recent experiences at the evening Elite event on various ships and itins?

What was your experience: vouchers or an actual gathering w/ other cruisers? Locations where the event was held, what was served for snacks (usually not much on X), and what drinks were generally included. What types of scotch (for dh's enjoyment)

not looking to start debates just but want to get the flavor of what we might expect on our upcoming booked cruises on Reflection and Connie... neither is a TA or special Elite or reunion type cruise. thanks!

Edited by hcat