Cost of luggage tags

They are in your cruise docs. Print them, and look on Amazon for cruise luggage tag holders. You get 8 for $16.95 and the narrow ones are fitted for Royal Caribbean tags. They work pretty well. You just print your tag, fold it in half so it shows on both sides, and slide it in the holder. It comes with straps to attach to the suitcase.

Were sailing on Freedom of the seas in October , IF we choose to pay the added cost. Does anyone know what RCI charges to mail cruise documents luggage tags etc....

I should also ask if you're staying in a suite? Because if you are, you get the added benefit of ordering your luggage tags from Royal for free. If not, just get it at the pier. It's really not that much of a hassle, last time i didn't even have a pen! lol. They just wrote my room number and filled out all 6 tags we needed.

Were sailing on Freedom of the seas in October , IF we choose to pay the added cost. Does anyone know what RCI charges to mail cruise documents luggage tags etc....

Why don't you just print them out and either have them laminated or use double sided tape to give them some body and attach to your luggage with a plastic tie.

They are in your cruise docs. Print them, and look on Amazon for cruise luggage tag holders. You get 8 for $16.95 and the narrow ones are fitted for Royal Caribbean tags. They work pretty well. You just print your tag, fold it in half so it shows on both sides, and slide it in the holder. It comes with straps to attach to the suitcase.

Or go to the travel section of Walgreens and buy a little tube of toothpaste and a toothbrush in a clear plastic holder which is just the right size to hold the luggage tags:D.....only $1

Edited by truffles2

You'd still have to make copies of the paper tags. They are not the self-stickies like you used to be able to order. Just get tags at the peir and save $35.

Yes they are August, I just went there to read about it on my next cruise. In fact, it says they will mail you 8 sticky tags apart from the Documents you pay far, in fact I read it to say the tags were free. The Document package is $35. You have to be in a suite to be "qualified" though.

I'll go back and reread it.....

Here it is:

Q: How do I receive my luggage tags?

A: North American guests who are qualified and who have received their electronic cruise document (eDoc) and have an assigned stateroom number may request their complimentary luggage tags by logging on to http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com/eDocs. Once you log-in (by providing your name, booking number, date of departure, ship & sail date), select "request" in the Luggage Tags section of the Cruise Documentation Page to submit.

A set of eight complimentary, self-adhesive, printed luggage tags will be mailed via the United States Postal Service to the North American mailing address provided in your request form. The tags are color coded & customized to your ship, sailing date & stateroom. Luggage tags may be requested as soon as you receive your eDoc, up until 14 days prior to sailing. Luggage tags will be available upon arrival at the pier for guests with a guarantee stateroom or for guests who do not submit a request at least 14 days prior to sailing. If you received printed cruise documents for $35 per document, your customized set of luggage tags will be included in your printed document book.

Edited by BecciBoo

Can confirm that I received mine in less than a week when requesting on-line. 8 self stick tags arrived (2 in each of the four travellers names). We are cruising in a suite though, so I don't know if this is why they were complimentary.

I ordered the luggage tag holders from Amazon and should get them day after tomorrow. I plan to print the tags when my docs are ready in a couple of weeks.

I print them, fold them up as directed and use packing tape down the tag and fold the sides in. Works great for me and a $2.99 roll of packing tape from Wally World goes a long way! :)

Edited by chermilo

We are cruising in a suite though, so I don't know if this is why they were complimentary.

Yes, that is why whey were complimentary.

Were in a JR suite if that make any difference ??

What's in the Cruise document package ?

Junior suite doesn't count here.

OK, I am missing something here.

I just printed our Set Sail pass and there is a picture of a shortened luggage tag on the last page.

It says "They are not real luggage tags. Please us official luggage tags for your bags"

Where are the "real" tags to print? Last year it was on the last page of the SetSail pass.

Right?

I don't want to do it at the pier, we are too large a group.

OK, I am missing something here.

I just printed our Set Sail pass and there is a picture of a shortened luggage tag on the last page.

It says "They are not real luggage tags. Please us official luggage tags for your bags"

Where are the "real" tags to print? Last year it was on the last page of the SetSail pass.

Right?

I don't want to do it at the pier, we are too large a group.

At about 40-49 days before your cruise you will receive another e-mail stating your documents are ready. At that time there will be a tab that shows up where you can print your luggage tags.

We received our tags to print 43 days before sail date. I print mine out in color at work then laminate them at home. I take a small stapler with me and attach the tags before we arrive at the port. If you need help, let me know.

Here's the best way to get sturdy tags.

Print them in color. I make up to 5 copies. Write your last name where stated on each one.

CUT each one even though they say not to. (They say not to because if you're just folding them as they instruct, then they'll be stronger)

Then go to Staples or Kinko's, etc.

Have them lay them out side by side with a space between each one to Laminate all on ONE sheet.

Cut each one carefully so you don't go too close to the sealed edges.

Whalla! You now have lamintaed luggage tags for ONLY $1.58 !!!!

Next, fold each one slightly to find (Near) the end and use a hole puncher for both ends. Then buy short plastic Zip Ties in the dollar store.

Loop one through each and around your handle.

All for $2.58 and they're alot stronger and safer than the paper, stapled version!

Here's the best way to get sturdy tags.

Print them in color. I make up to 5 copies. Write your last name where stated on each one.

CUT each one even though they say not to. (They say not to because if you're just folding them as they instruct, then they'll be stronger)

Then go to Staples or Kinko's, etc.

Have them lay them out side by side with a space between each one to Laminate all on ONE sheet.

Cut each one carefully so you don't go too close to the sealed edges.

Whalla! You now have lamintaed luggage tags for ONLY $1.58 !!!!

Next, fold each one slightly to find (Near) the end and use a hole puncher for both ends. Then buy short plastic Zip Ties in the dollar store.

Loop one through each and around your handle.

All for $2.58 and they're alot stronger and safer than the paper, stapled version!

Try using this tool http://www3.zansstuff.com/luggage-tags