No Limes on the ALLURE!!

S&DMOM

So the simple reason Royal Caribbean does not have any limes is because they do not want to pay $1XX.00 per box. Which I don’t blame them one bit! The normal price on limes during this time of year is roughly $20.00fob Texas. The production on limes should increase around the 2nd week of May.

Hope this made sense, I am off to a meeting and wanted to get this out as quickly as possible!

I don't blame 'em either. But at least I can tell friends that it will pass and the won't need to change menus at their bars.

This is something I will keep in mind when I order drinks.

I always order a rum & diet Coke. They always try to bring me a lime with it.

I don't want it! I usually tell them after a few drinks in the CL.

Now that I know someone will miss out, I will be sure to tell the bartender to skip the lime EVERY time:D.

I left on Independence yesterday, so for no limes. A bar with no limes is like a restaurant with no garlic. I'm going to have to research the drink menu today to come up either some alternatives.

We also had a hard time getting limes on Enchantment last week.

Just returned from the Allure OTS. I purchased the Premium Package and loved it! I did have a real hard time finding limes on the boat. They kept placing lemon wedges in my Coronas:o

Also used the package in Vintages with no problems. This was my favorite place to grab a glass of wine.

I will have to say that I was disappointed in the variety of martinis and the quality of drinks (did not use fresh juices, etc). Definitely better selection of Martinis on Carnival and Celebrity.

The sommelier in the Dining room was awesome. Kept my wine glass full and brought me afterdinner shots everyday.

Also thought the food in the Main Dining room was awful when compared to Carnival or Celebrity. Food was very bland and meat quality was poor. Enjoyed the food on Carnival much better!!!

Any questions?

Well you can always have lemons. If carnival is that good stay with them.

On the Grandeur right now. No limes in the concierge lounge either but that's just a first world problem. Everything else is hunky dory. :)

Off topic, but I'm not sure how else to ask you this question… I'll be on the Grandeur in a few weeks and I'm curious if deck 10 is open after the damage? Or what if anything is off limits right now? Thanks!!

Just got off the Celebrity Silhouette and no limes there either! Actually, they picked some up in San Juan but they didn't last very long. I had heard that for some reason limes are very expensive right now. Crazy!

I missed my limes in my G & T's!! But, I survived!

I caught the end of a news item about limes - expensive because of the Mexican drug cartel! Missed what the connection was - k now it sounds crazy!