Captain's Club & Onboard Booking Upgrades

happy 2 b cruising

Did you cancel the booking with the TA while you were onboard? Trying to figure out the best way to go about this not knowing for sure if the onboard offer covers the newly released Australia/new Zealand sailing and trying to hang on to my aft AQ cabin.

I held the original reservation until I got home then canceled at the advice of my TA. Of course this meant I could not rebook the same cabin, but I didn't care much.

However, I once canceled a reservation myself where the cabin category was sold out while on the phone with my TA. The instant I canceled on X website, she was able to see that cabin come back into inventory and rebook.

I held the original reservation until I got home then canceled at the advice of my TA. Of course this meant I could not rebook the same cabin, but I didn't care much.

However, I once canceled a reservation myself where the cabin category was sold out while on the phone with my TA. The instant I canceled on X website, she was able to see that cabin come back into inventory and rebook.

Thanks. Maybe I can cancel online while we are meeting with the FCC and then get the same cabin- ya never know;)

Are Transatlantic still being excluded from this promotion or are they now included if you book on board? Hard to keep up with all the exclusions and what category you can get upgrades in.

There is a TA in the UK which is advertising transatlantics with the Free Drinks package for autumn 2014 for all balcony cabins and above.

NO TA's can't add this particular promo we are discussing here, it is a book-on-board option/perk only.

the 1-2-3 is over

Pick your perk is now running for anyone to book and applies to many cruises

the Program we are discussing here is separate (though seems to mirror 1-2-3) seems to apply to any sailing (though I can not confirm that) and is a perk to those who book on ship while sailing.

What I did was cancel existing booking made by a TA, booked onboard to get the perks, then transferred that reservation back to my TA.

Usually one gets to pick 2 options for European iteneraries, do you know if this is still valid with the new Cruise Now promo? Is Choice Air one of the options? Thanks in advance:)

We know that it is an advantage, and here to stay for a while, but have no idea if it will be offered to the public at a later date. I am just happy that I have a couple of more cruises booked where I can make onboard reservations. this is going to make the Future Cruise office a mad house!

For all of you that are cancelling and rebooking, don't you have to book at the present rate? Are the rates staying the same, or lower, or are they significantly higher (and would wipe out the perk you are trying to get)? Just curious what you are all doing. I know on some of the popular cruises, they just tend to go up, up, up in price. Examples are the 14 Eclipse cruises seem to go up in price over time, not down. Also, the itineraries that are more specialty type and only have a couple sailings. Before you cancel your existing reservation, be sure you have the new price locked in at a price you are happy with.

For all of you that are cancelling and rebooking, don't you have to book at the present rate? Are the rates staying the same, or lower, or are they significantly higher (and would wipe out the perk you are trying to get)? Just curious what you are all doing. I know on some of the popular cruises, they just tend to go up, up, up in price. Examples are the 14 Eclipse cruises seem to go up in price over time, not down. Also, the itineraries that are more specialty type and only have a couple sailings. Before you cancel your existing reservation, be sure you have the new price locked in at a price you are happy with.

Yes, if I canx and rebook it will be at the current fare, in our case these are cruises that were just released and not covered in the current PYP promo. In a month I doubt that the rate will go up more than the $3900. That the beverage package would cost us if we have to purchase it for 35 nights. So canceling & rebooking on board seems to make sense.

For all of you that are cancelling and rebooking, don't you have to book at the present rate?

Yes, that is correct. For that reason, it's crucial to check the current rate, before cancelling any existing bookings.

Another question in this same category. Has anyone gone onboard and used the Future Booking person to upgrade their stateroom for an already booked, upcoming cruise? We have one in May and have been watching prices fall a little. If they fall enough while I am onboard this other cruise, I will not be able to call Celebrity from the ship. Could the FC rep take care of the upgrade?

As long as you booked through Celebrity and not through a TA, they should be able to assist with that.

Usually one gets to pick 2 options for European iteneraries, do you know if this is still valid with the new Cruise Now promo? Is Choice Air one of the options? Thanks in advance:)

No, the second bonus isn't offered for Europe itins onboard, and Choice air bonus is also not an extra.

You'd need to make the booking under the standard PYP or equiv promo if eligible and if you want those.

When I sail, I look at prices for future before sailing. If the offered price on board is good, I book. If not, I pass. I have often passed. The big change this year is the upgrade for Captains Club. I booked a future cruise while sailing in January. Booking on board has more advantages. I got a C2 for C3 price, OBC, and my choice from the 123GO promo. I also transferred my booking to my TA who gave me more OBC. For me, that made sense. My sailing in 2015 has increased in price a lot since I booked.

When I sail, I look at prices for future before sailing. If the offered price on board is good, I book. If not, I pass. I have often passed. The big change this year is the upgrade for Captains Club. I booked a future cruise while sailing in January. Booking on board has more advantages. I got a C2 for C3 price, OBC, and my choice from the 123GO promo. I also transferred my booking to my TA who gave me more OBC. For me, that made sense. My sailing in 2015 has increased in price a lot since I booked.

True, but you get the one category upgrade independent of booking on board and sometimes the 123 Promo is also available. The OBC is the main reasons for many cruises.

Exactly!:cool:

Hi,

I booked over the phone for next April on the Equinox TA. We have booked a 1C cabin & paid the price for a 2A & for my FIL he is in a 1A cabin & paid the price of a 1B.

Marion.

Edited by Maz_1