Champagne when boarding

tinykygal

Seems I recall being offered a glass of champagne when boarding the ship on embarkation during past cruises.

Haven't seen that on our last 2.

Does Celebrity offer? I always thought it was a nice touch.

Did on my last Summit cruise in March as well as Connie in January.

I have read that if the ship is coming off a Noro scare, they don't serve in the next embarkation, presumably staff is busy deep cleaning....

Did on my last Summit cruise in March as well as Connie in January.

I have read that if the ship is coming off a Noro scare, they don't serve in the next embarkation, presumably staff is busy deep cleaning....

We sailed on the Summit last October, the first cruise after a major Noro issue . . . in fact, we did not start boarding until after 4 pm which allowed a deep cleaning . . . still welcomed with a glass of champagne. It is a special touch to start the cruise!

They moved the Champagne & Mimosas up to Deck 4 & 5 on Reflection when we embarked in Civitavecchia. It was just too difficult logistics wise especially when we embarked on Deck 2 and had to take the elevator up with our carry on.

Last June on the Century to Alaska I was disappointed not to have champagne when we boarded. That cruise however served it at sail away out of Vancouver harbour. I still,prefer it as you board the ship. It was much more difficult to find a glass at sail away as the wait staff had to serve everyone at the same time.

we were on Reflection in November. Boarded late. We did not get our champagne and were told it was only available at the other entrance. Huh? We were all a little disappointed, but brought our own on board and had a lovely sail away anyway.

I don't know why Celebrity would call their sparkler "champagne". I thought they were one of the more wine specific cruise lines. I drink Champagne and sparkling wines frequently. Do the bars have enough bubbly drinkers to keep bottles open without going flat? Inquiring minds and all that.....

Do the bars have enough bubbly drinkers to keep bottles open without going flat? Inquiring minds and all that.....

We drank Domaine Chandon several times every day and never had a glass that was flat. I'm sure they'd be happy to open another if you found one that was past it.

On our last cruise Oct 13 on Solstice, nothing was offered when boarding.

However on 2nd or 3rd night we received a free glass of champagne in Blue. Seemed to be the replacement.

I am not sure if that was done in MDR as well.

Edited by Michidoeme

How about all of us that don't drink?

J.

You aren't forced to drink it.

I don't know why Celebrity would call their sparkler "champagne". I thought they were one of the more wine specific cruise lines. I drink Champagne and sparkling wines frequently. Do the bars have enough bubbly drinkers to keep bottles open without going flat? Inquiring minds and all that.....

I don't think Celebrity calls it "champagne". It is what many of us call it.

Edited by boogs

We drank Domaine Chandon several times every day and never had a glass that was flat. I'm sure they'd be happy to open another if you found one that was past it.

Domaine Chandon? From Argentina? Several countries have good sparkling wines. Moet Chandon ( not domaine Chandon) is a champagne and as the name says from France.

We were never offered a champagne on board Celebrity at boarding time. We have mostly received half a glass of their house sparkling wine, which altough a good idea, could not compare to a champagne.:)

We had choice of the sparkling wine (agree, it's not a champagne), mimosa or fresh squeezed oj. This was on 21 Feb Equinox. Also had the Captain's Toast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Domaine Chandon? From Argentina? Several countries have good sparkling wines. Moet Chandon ( not domaine Chandon) is a champagne and as the name says from France.

We were never offered a champagne on board Celebrity at boarding time. We have mostly received half a glass of their house sparkling wine, which altough a good idea, could not compare to a champagne.:)

Domaine Chandon was established in California in 1973 by Moët and Chandon. Their Brut Classic is a delightful wine available for about $10 (within the Premium Package limit) on a Celebrity ships. It's far superior (IMHO) to the house sparkling with a much finer mousse. Not Champagne, but not far off either.

http://www.chandon.com/sparkling-wines/classic/brut-classic.html

No greeting drink on our last silho cruise....they served some at the sail away party later on.....just as well....the entry area was clogged and most were anxious to flee the rap dj that greeted us...

.quite a contrast to the harpist of yore or the live guitar player or string group Our greeting was a harbinger of bad dj music and a drum banger throughout the cruise...all else was fine....

Seems I recall being offered a glass of champagne when boarding the ship on embarkation during past cruises.

Haven't seen that on our last 2.

Does Celebrity offer? I always thought it was a nice touch.

We got it on the Reflection last Nov. When were your last 2 sailings?

Edited by wallie5446

Last June on the Century to Alaska I was disappointed not to have champagne when we boarded. That cruise however served it at sail away out of Vancouver harbour. I still,prefer it as you board the ship. It was much more difficult to find a glass at sail away as the wait staff had to serve everyone at the same time.

Interesting -- we were on Century's final Alaska cruise of the season last September. This cruise also departed from Vancouver and we were offered the sparkling wine, mimosas and orange juice upon boarding. That cruise was the first leg of a B2B and we also were offered the sparking wine and so forth upon boarding on the second leg also.

Maybe it's up to the CD or depends on each cruise timetable...

On our Summit Bermuda cruise a few yrs ago, the giving the bubby while welcome, was a bit awkward because of the boarding space next to the ship when the busses dropped folks off

time will tell if this is another perk going away???

time will tell if this is another perk going away???

That is the way things get started on CC, there had been no mention, comment, feeling in the air from anyone at Celebrity, on ship, by the Capt Club Hostess, or a ship officer, ast cabin Stewart, bartender, busboy, or washroom attendant, that this is going to be no longer offered.