Diamond Lounge

What I learned from having access to both CL and DL is your key cannot be coded for three things. CL, DL and Cabin. So you will need an extra key to get into the DL. At least that was one issue that resolved on the Adventure. We also had an extra key on the Serenade to access the DL since our key was coded for cabin and CL.

That must have been an isolated problem. I've never had a problem with my card being programmed for both lounges.

I remember back in the early days of Voyager Class being issued a separate CL card, but ever since Freedom was introduced, my room card has been programmed for both.

I do not get up in arms anymore trying to keep track. We are one cruise away from Diamond Plus, and just returned from our first back 2 back on the Explorer. For both cruises, they had a Diamond Lounge off of the Viking Crown/Dizzy's Jazz bar for Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle. No food, just elephant peanuts. Then, they had a special room with food for Gold and Suite Guests. Have no idea what happened to Emerald.

I do not get up in arms anymore trying to keep track. We are one cruise away from Diamond Plus, and just returned from our first back 2 back on the Explorer. For both cruises, they had a Diamond Lounge off of the Viking Crown/Dizzy's Jazz bar for Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle. No food, just elephant peanuts. Then, they had a special room with food for Gold and Suite Guests. Have no idea what happened to Emerald.
The "Gold" that you refer to means "Gold (Seapass) Card" issued to Full Suites (not JS) and Pinnacles. Explorer does not yet have a Diamond Lounge (sometimes called Diamond Club), and normally has a Diamond Event (free wine, 25% discount on cocktails, and peanuts) but recently had a limited experiment with 3 vouchers/night (sounds like you may have been on then) for cocktails - much better than Explorer usually has. D+ and Pinnacle should have had access to the Concierge Lounge. I think Explorer is getting a Diamond Lounge during its upgrade Spring 2015 before heading to Europe.

Thom

Thanks Thom...you are exactly correct in your description of what we noticed and received on the Explorer. I did not know the details for Suite guests and Gold Seapass cards. And yes, we did receive 3 free drink vouchers that were put onto our card that we were able to use at any lounge on the ship between 5-8:30-PM. We thought that was a very nice touch.

Overall, we are happy no matter what. Even if I can get just one glass of wine per night I am fine. For what we do receive is pretty generous on RCCL'S part as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for your help and update.

For those that posted about non status guests being allowed in the lounges/clubs. I have seen it a few times. I believe it all depends on the Concierge!

While on the Allure, I was at talking to the concierge and a lady with 2 boys (6-8) walk in, after someone opens the door. One of the boys asked if they are suppose to be in there. The concierge watches them walk over to a lady (maybe Grandma) in the lounge and sit down with her.

A little later, I am behind the boys at the food area. They are picking the food up with their fingers, smelling the items and then putting them back on the plates. The parent was sitting enjoying her drink, not watching her boys.

I then told the concierge, who had the food removed, went over and spoke to the "Grandma" and that was that. The lady and her boys were allowed to stay. The next day, the boys were back, but the mom got their food.

I found out later, that the Grandma was staying in a Owners Suite, by herself and "Tipped" the concierge to allow her family to be in the lounge!

Money Talks!!!

On Freedom Class ships, the Concierge Lounge is small, windowless, but comfortable and cozy. The Diamond Club has floor-to-ceiling windows, a fabulous view, outside seating on a balcony and is quite a bit larger than the Concierge Lounge.

nice.

I've read that some ships have started using drink coupons because the Diamond Club is too crowded during the free cocktail hours. I suspect my Navigator cruise May 18 might do that. There is no more overflow room in the card room or Cloud Nine, because these rooms no longer exist -- they are now a specialty restaurant. We'll see. I hope they have a Cappuccino machine in the Diamond Club.

Edited by Jimnbigd

What I learned from having access to both CL and DL is your key cannot be coded for three things. CL, DL and Cabin. So you will need an extra key to get into the DL. At least that was one issue that resolved on the Adventure. We also had an extra key on the Serenade to access the DL since our key was coded for cabin and CL.

When they stopped issuing the separate lounge keys, our seapass card has worked so far for the CL, DL, and Cabin on several ships. Worked OK last month and hope so again this Thursday.

When they stopped issuing the separate lounge keys, our seapass card has worked so far for the CL, DL, and Cabin on several ships. Worked OK last month and hope so again this Thursday.

On ships that have both lounges, we have never had separate cards issued to access the Diamond Club, Concierge Lounge, and our stateroom. We have always been able to access all three with our single SeaPass card. This has been the same as well when we have been in a suite (Gold card) or a standard stateroom (Blue/Silver card).

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On ships that have both lounges, we have never had separate cards issued to access the Diamond Club, Concierge Lounge, and our stateroom. We have always been able to access all three with our single SeaPass card. This has been the same as well when we have been in a suite (Gold card) or a standard stateroom (Blue/Silver card).

I still have some of the separate lounge keys. It wasn't until a few years ago that I only needed one key.

So for the past 6 to 8 years or more, you have never had a separate access key?

Thanks to all of you for a very informative chat on the DL and CL. We made Diamond off our last cruise and are really looking forward to our first visit to the DL on Rhapsody this coming September.

Also wanted to say it is nice to see almost four pages of posting and no fighting. Lately that has been a rarity on CC. :)

Thanks to all of you for a very informative chat on the DL and CL. We made Diamond off our last cruise and are really looking forward to our first visit to the DL on Rhapsody this coming September.

Also wanted to say it is nice to see almost four pages of posting and no fighting. Lately that has been a rarity on CC. :)

I've got 4 kids I'd like to leave in the DL for a couple of hours. Do you think the Diamond Concierge would mind watching the kids while my wife and I go to a specialty restaurant?;)

RCCL owned Celebrity has never had dedicated rooms for their Elite Lounge, it just being held in an appropriate sized venue based on the number of Elites. Access had been controlled by the Captain's Club Hostess (or other representative) at the door. Hence they have never had any need or ability to issue you a door key for the Lounge used that week. Yet when the program started they gave you a Card the size of your room key (but with no coding of any sort) as your access credential even though your SeaPass was labelled "Elite". Another item to keep up with that served no real purpose whatsoever:mad:. Only took them several years to realize the stupidity of that scheme.

I've got 4 kids I'd like to leave in the DL for a couple of hours. Do you think the Diamond Concierge would mind watching the kids while my wife and I go to a specialty restaurant?;)

Bob that's not like you to stir the pot!:D

We had access to the DL for the first time on the Grandeur on our last cruise. Let me say what a nice perk that is. I used one of the computers there to check my email [with my free minutes, yipee]; I used the coffee machine to get 3-4 lattees during the cruise; and I found it was a nice quiet place to read with a good view in the afternoon. That does not include attending the evening cocktail hour and chatting with some very nice cruisers.

You are going to really like it. Yes, there are a couple of people that are full of themselves--but, we just ignore them. :D

The Rhapsody is small like the Grandeur. You will like having the extra place to be.

Ok thank you. Are children allowed in the Diamond lounge??

As Grady noted, children are not supposed to be in the DL during cocktail hours. However, there have been reports of Concierges allowing children in the DL.

Not during the nightly cocktail hours. I believe they are allowed in the CL though.

Yes, children are allowed in the CL during cocktail hours, but not the DL. It's an accommodation mainly made for people in suites.

I guess that is one more difference between the DL & CL. The DL doesn't allow kids in during the cocktail party at night, while the CL does.