Program Replacing C and A Savings Certificates

Both San Juan ships - Adventure and Jewel - for January and February 2016 have savings certificates. Not sure if it is all cabin categories but it appeared to be all dates.

I'm not seeing the yellow triangle for those ones, but do see the discount once I go through the steps. Very hard to know which ones have the discount.

I am surprised that there are savings already for 2016:eek: Good for you. No savings on anything we have booked

Yeah, thats what I was told too... Lets see... $100 vs $175? I'll take it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Are the savings certs or the "new" program good for any cruise? Or just certain ones like before? I just booked today thru a travel agent and didn't get any discount. I checked with RCCL prior to booking and they had applied a $225 discount but the price was cheaper with Travel agent anyway. Just wondered if Travel agent could get the discount applied as well.

Are the savings certs or the "new" program good for any cruise? Or just certain ones like before? I just booked today thru a travel agent and didn't get any discount. I checked with RCCL prior to booking and they had applied a $225 discount but the price was cheaper with Travel agent anyway. Just wondered if Travel agent could get the discount applied as well.

The C&A discounts are only available for selected cruises. The travel agent can get the C&A discount too.

I'll bet 'not'.

The Next Cruise program changed a month ago and all old savings certificates expired two weeks ago but I still see the old OBC amounts, benefits and savings when I log in and view the Onboard Booking Bonus!

Do you mean that if you had a Next Cruise certificate and have booked another cruise, and are expecting the OBC that it has expired, or that if you have the Next Cruise certificate and have not booked a cruise that the time to use it has expired. We used the certificate, and booked the cruise almost a year ago, and are looking forward to $100.00 of OBC on our upcoming one week cruise. I will be very disappointed to find it has been reduced to $25.00 which is the new amount.

There wasn't an actual number or word after Promo Code. How will anyone know what promotion they booked under? We'll be so confused by all the promotions with different rules and restrictions, that we won't know if we're eligible for a reduction or not:eek::eek::eek:

Exactly

Well I'm really glad I came across this thread so I now know I'm NOT losing my mind !!:eek::eek:

I was just browsing some future cruises and I kept getting really weird amounts of discount -def not the usual Crown & Anchor balcony discount.

It makes it tricky cause there is no disclosure of exactly what discount you are getting.:confused::confused:

I couldn't figure out what in the heck was going on!!

Jane

Great news!! I just did a mock reservation for my cruise (logging in) and the cruise was 153.00 pp. less than when I booked last week. I am Gold. I called RCI and they changed my reservation - we just saved $306.00 on our March '15 cruise. YEAH!

I believe the new program is supposed to start tomorrow. Any bets on whether it will or not??:p:)

I'll be looking first thing tomorrow am.

It up, but not giving the correct discount per person. Anyone else experience the same?

Woohoo!

I just saved a total of $969 on my Canada & New England Cruise for this October.

It was great because it let me combine the $400 savings from the new CAS prices with Kids Sail Free so I saved another $569 on the cost of my son tagging along.

I REALLY like this new program :)

Unfortunately, none of my other 3 cruises have an offer right now.

What am I doing wrong, please? I sign in on the RCI site and when I go to look at eligible cruises, I am shown "0". This is on the page which states that the list of cruises will be updated regularly.

Click on cabin type, inside outside etc.

The C & A Discount links did not work for me. Looking online at my existing cruise reservation also did not work - did not show any C & A discount. For my third try I decided to do an online dummy booking for my 2015 cruise. The C & A discount that appeared on screen with the dummy booking exactly matched the discount quoted in a later telephone call using the C & A contact telephone number. The C & A phone lines were rather busy today. I waited until later in the day to confirm the discount - my all time best discount - $978!

I suspect that it will take some time to get the website working smoothly for the new discount program.

Still nothing on the UK C&A pages..... although I did just notice the RCCL Visa logo...clicked on through to see all the benefits of owning one of those.... except it's not available to us in the UK..... the website really is rubbish.

I'm in Australia and once logged in - there are no cruises listed in the CAS area yet either - same issues as you mentioned earlier with "only available NA" etc BUT when I then went to dummy book while logged in there was a considerable discount applied to the dummy booking. Unfortunately here Royal won't honour the price reduction via the phone and I've had to cancel my original booking (which was made while on board with OBC) and make a new one to get the new fare and lose my OBC - but it still works out over $200 cheaper - which on the short cruise is nearly 20%! (promenade room)

I also tried dummy booking a solo cabin on a repo I want to do next year and it took $387 off the solo cabin at 200% - the previous couple times I've looked at it since the WOW sale it was sitting at 250% of twin rate. (lowest cat inside - discount works out around 9%)

Advice to you - try the dummy booking while logged in - you might be surprised with a mystery discount!

Also - I'm only a lowly Gold member and got these significant discounts.

Edited by madelk

I checked this morning to see if my upcoming sailing for March 2015 would have a different price due to the new program and lo and behold it did. I managed to get both the residency discount (Ontario) and the new C&A discount applied (when I originally booked the cruise 2 weeks ago I got only the Ontario resident discount). They also honoured the $100 per cabin OBC from my Next Cruise certificate purchased before the changes went into effect last month.

Net result...

a savings of $450 today (for a total of 6 people in 3 cabins in the cheapest inside cabins) for our sailing.

$543 Canadian per person for an 8 day cruise booking 11 months in advance is a great deal in my mind.

Thanks RCCL

According to a website that can't be named that sailing and the Indy on 2/28 are showing regular price decreases starting today, not a C and A certificate

I'm so confused:eek:

Happened to me too...saw the military rate on "another" website however RCL insists that that rate includes the c and a discount....no way another site could do that for you....even had a screenshot of the other website....they didn't care..no budge...I want and believe I should get that advertised rate and my balcony discount...they say it is a c and a and not combinable....not cool!

It is getting far too complicated for me. :confused:

What I always do is find a great price and then gather a few friends to travel with me. I do all the figuring. Now I cannot easily give them the cost of the cruise. Everybody is in a different category.

What is CAS?

Kathy

What I always do is find a great price and then gather a few friends to travel with me. I do all the figuring. Now I cannot easily give them the cost of the cruise. Everybody is in a different category.

What is CAS?

Kathy

Crown and Anchor Society..... ?

What is CAS?

Kathy

CAS is Crown & Anchor Society. A discount for past cruisers on selected cruises.

What is CAS?

Kathy

CAS is crown & anchor society

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app