Highly Recommend EZ Check

gator582

EZ Check is one of the few cruise ship services which is worth the money.

DON

We tried to use EZ Check last October in FT Lauderdale. I had purchased Early Bird seating from SWA at purchase. Got a letter back from Princess saying my request for EZ Check could not be accommodated due to an issue with my reservation. Could not get any more info from anyone.

I wonder if the Early Bird thing was the problem. At the airport, SWA said my reservation was fine--no issues. I sure would have liked to avoid the luggage hassle.

Jack

Azjack, we also had Early Bird check-in and had no problems. I will say that it took Princess/SWA pretty long to finally get things cleared. I got my boarding passes and baggage tags delivered to our room around 9:30 the night before. I was getting worried. I went to the desk about 8 to get a printout of our final bill and I asked about the documents. The guy told me it was still processing. Maybe that is what happened to you. Got too late and it couldn't be processed? Hopefully, they get things straightened out between Princess and Southwest. Sorry that happened to you.

I learn something every time I read Cruise Critic. This time it's EZ Check. Would someone please explain where and when to get EZ Check? What is the cost? We will be flying SW out of FLL.

Edited by Grannycb

We're flying Southwest from Fort Lauderdale after our upcoming cruise and would love to try EZ Check. We purchased Early Bird check-in, so hope we don't encounter problems because of it. Fingers crossed!!!

We're flying Southwest from Fort Lauderdale after our upcoming cruise and would love to try EZ Check. We purchased Early Bird check-in, so hope we don't encounter problems because of it. Fingers crossed!!!

I'd ask you to post your results as we are in the same situation (Southwest out of FLL with Early Bird), but I wouldn't see your post as we are getting on the CB as you are leaving her.

I learn something every time I read Cruise Critic. This time it's EZ Check. Would someone please explain where and when to get EZ Check? What is the cost? We will be flying SW out of FLL.
Probably the second or third day of your cruise you will get a form with disembarking questions delivered to your room. If you want EZ Check, you need to go to the Passenger Service Desk to fill out a special form. You need all of your flight info. They made a copy of mine. The cost is $20 per person.

Good luck!

:confused:We'll be on the Crown 10/25/14 - 11/04/14 for a repositioning cruise from NYC to Fort Lauderdale. Foreign ports are Antigua and Aruba. Will be flying home FLL to Philadelphia on US Airways. Does anyone know if we can use EZ-Air? Who do I call for more information? Thanks for your help - Happy Cruising.

:confused:We'll be on the Crown 10/25/14 - 11/04/14 for a repositioning cruise from NYC to Fort Lauderdale. Foreign ports are Antigua and Aruba. Will be flying home FLL to Philadelphia on US Airways. Does anyone know if we can use EZ-Air? Who do I call for more information? Thanks for your help - Happy Cruising.

You won't know until you get onboard. No one knows until the cruise is underway. Since you can't sign up until they pass out the disembarkation questionnaire during the cruise, no real need to know in advance anyway. If it is available, though, be sure to turn in your request ASAP; people who've waited too long have been turned down -- I think they cap the number who can use it, probably because it's labour-intensive on Princess's part.

You will have no issues. The potential issue arises when you don't purchase Early Bird Check In. Two years ago we used EZ Check and Early Bird, did nothing online to check in and had group A boarding priorities. This year, our return date was very uncertain until 10 days before we'd be flying home, and we felt that adding Early Bird at that time wouldn't get us much, and so skipped it. It was further complicated by the fact that DH and I had both used Rapid Rewards points to book our flights, and so had different reservation numbers. We wanted to be resolute and not check in online, leave it all up to EZ Check and see what boarding priority we received, but we chickened out and did check in online 24 hours in advance. We got low Group B boarding priority five positions apart. When our EZ Check boarding passes were delivered to our cabin two hours later, our boarding passes showed the same boarding priority we had seen online.

The unanswered question is whether we secured our boarding priority by checking in online, or did EZ Check secure it for us? And I've not read on CC of others' experiences providing a definitive answer.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

we chickened out and did check in online 24 hours in advance. We got low Group B boarding priority five positions apart. When our EZ Check boarding passes were delivered to our cabin two hours later, our boarding passes showed the same boarding priority we had seen online.

The unanswered question is whether we secured our boarding priority by checking in online, or did EZ Check secure it for us?

I assume you hit the computer as close to the 24 hours in advance as you could.

I doubt Princess personnel were poised at a computer waiting eactly at the 24-hour mark, so it was likely your doing it that secured your positions.

I assume you hit the computer as close to the 24 hours in advance as you could.

I doubt Princess personnel were poised at a computer waiting eactly at the 24-hour mark, so it was likely your doing it that secured your positions.

Or did our signing up for EZ check trigger something in SWA's system to do it automatically? Since the ship requires this information so early in the cruise, I assumed that they did something with it long before 24 hours prior to flight time.

Or did our signing up for EZ check trigger something in SWA's system to do it automatically? Since the ship requires this information so early in the cruise, I assumed that they did something with it long before 24 hours prior to flight time.

Others have posted they had evening flights and they had to wait well into the evening to get their passes from Princess because Princess could not get the passes until 24 hours before the flights.

Edited by caribill

As I mentioned earlier, we had Early Bird checkin and I went to passenger service desk the 2nd day of cruise to give them my info for EZ check. This was Wednesday. On Saturday night, about 8, passenger service told me that my request was still processing. It was accepted later and I got my documents about 9:30.

Someone else mentioned that they had Early Bird checkin and checked in online 24 hours before flight and had a different numbers than what they received from Princess.

Edited by gator582

Others have posted they had evening flights and they had to wait well into the evening to get their passes from Princess because Princess could not get the passes until 24 hours before the flights.

Ours were delivered 22 hours before our flight, 2 hours after we had checked in online, and the numbers were the same.

Just got off the Ruby yesterday. Because of the great recommendations here, we used the EZ check. It was WONDERFUL!

The easiest debarking ever. Had baggage tags and boarding passes brought to our room. We put our luggage outside our cabin the night before. We didn't see our bags until we got to our home airport.

The best part is that we never had to drag our bags to the airport or check in at the airline desk. We went straight to security. What a breeze. We flew Southwest Airlines, BTW.

Thank you all VERY much for this info and lots and lots of other info. Helped make our cruise much better. It was awesome!!:D

We've used EZ-Check, when it was available, on several of our T/A's. Absolutely the best.....:):):)

Bob

Got off the Island Princess in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday.

Used EZ check for AA flights.

Our flight yesterday was 5:10PM. Thought I would get our boarding passes late night before but it came two nights before the flight with the special airline luggage tags .

Don't know how they got our boarding passes 48 hours before the flight.

I actually got an email from AA night before the flight(after I already had my boarding passes) to check in, so then wondered how good my boarding passes were. When I got to airport, I checked with AA desk, and yes, all was fine. Luggage arrived at our home airport no problem.

In February used EZ check also in Ft. Lauderdale with SW airline.

I had paid for Group A boarding and had numbers 25 and 26.

Worked great.

It is so nice not having to claim luggage in cruise terminal and drag

it through Immigration.Yesterday such long lines, and all we needed

to drag was our one carry on.

By the way, both times we got TSA priority(didn't need to take off shoes or open carry on (to take out computer or liquids). It was printed on our boarding passes. Don't think it had anything to do with

EZ check, but maybe because we fly frequently.

Used EZ check in Seattle on Alaska Airlines last summer. Worked great.

Edited by san diego sue

I'm beginning to think that's it's more likely to be "randomly" selected for priority TSA screening if you use EZ Check, in which case that's another very good reason to use it. We saved at least 30 minutes going through security because that was printed on our boarding passes.

I'm beginning to think that's it's more likely to be "randomly" selected for priority TSA screening if you use EZ Check, in which case that's another very good reason to use it. We saved at least 30 minutes going through security because that was printed on our boarding passes.
For some reason, lately, I always get the priority TSA, and my husband doesn't. We always travel together. Maybe I'm more trustworthy. Ha,ha. ;)

I guess the question is, is it a waste of $50 (for 2 people) to purchase Early Bird Check In if you are going to use EZ Check? Are they in any way redundant?

I've been led to believe that if you are a Rapid Rewards member, you get preferred check-in through TSA. That doesn't sound reasonable to me, but we've had it for a couple of years now, and don't really know why. I have yet to try any other airlines to see if we get it if we book through another carrier.

I guess the question is, is it a waste of $50 (for 2 people) to purchase Early Bird Check In if you are going to use EZ Check? Are they in any way redundant?

I've been led to believe that if you are a Rapid Rewards member, you get preferred check-in through TSA. That doesn't sound reasonable to me, but we've had it for a couple of years now, and don't really know why. I have yet to try any other airlines to see if we get it if we book through another carrier.

OOps! My math failed me. Early Brid would only be $25 for 2 people. :mad:

...I had to laugh when I reread my original post: debarking instead of disembarking. Debarking sounds like a procedure a vet would give a dog to stop it from barking. Ha,ha. Sorry...................

Both words are correct even though one of them sounds funny. :D

We flew to Nashville last year and were selected for priority screening. My daughter was notn. She was done before us!