Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

dedosr , I read your post related to your check-in time. I am showing my ignorance. I have cruised many times with RCCL and have never received a check-in time prior to arriving at the terminal. My DH and I are booked for the Nov. 19, 2016 sailing on the Harmony of the Seas. We have not received any information regarding a check-in time. I just went to the web-site and it says check-in can not occur until 90 days prior to sailing.

Can you please tell me what I am missing or not doing that I should be doing.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

What Ocav just posted is true for every other Royal Caribbean ships except the Quantum class ships, and the New Harmony. They use the new electronic streamlined check in process. When online check in opens, usually 90 days prior, but check often, because for whatever reason our Harmony sailing on November 12, 2016, had online check in open about a month ago for about 3 days and then it closed again.

When you go to your reservation online, click on the link for online check in. If it is open you can click on edit on your name and begin filling in your personal information, your passport info and also submit a photo of your self. This is part of the new streamlined check in for their brand new ships. As you get to the bottom click save and it takes you to the next page. On about page 3 or 4 that is where you will see pick your boarding time. You can pick from a drop down list of time slots such as 11:00 to 11:30 etc. you can also pick that time for the person traveling with you in your stateroom. If you are traveling with others, you have the option of selecting their boarding time from your on line check in page. You can do this where it says select boarding time for others. You will need their last name and booking number.

Then when you complete the other sections and they are all complete, you can then print your "Set Sail Pass". On this will be your name, your picture and other info, including your selected boarding time.

Then when you arrive at the pier, you go in and find one of many people with

I Pads. They scan your Set Sail Pass and then they send you to security. After security you are then sent to an area corresponding to your boarding time. When they begin boarding they go by the time that you selected. The earlier you do your on line check in the better selection of times you will have. If you want 11 am, which I believe is the earliest, except for suites because they go first, do your on line check in as soon as it opens. Do check often. I hope this helps you. Any question just ask. If I can answer it for you I will.

Edited by dedosr

Could Harmony, having the same technology as Quantum and Anthem, be using their check in system or parts of it and actually assign specific check in times?

I'm not sure if it would make sense as terminal 18 is already set up for standard check in. It would seem confusing to me to try to do 2 different types of check in procedures out of the same terminal but then again this is Royal.:rolleyes:

You bring up a valid point Ken, Harmony check-in could be like Anthem. I guess we won't really know until we start getting reports of Harmony SetSail passes. Maybe I've missed it, but do you recall if anyone has been talking about uploading photos for Harmony online check-in?

You bring up a valid point Ken, Harmony check-in could be like Anthem. I guess we won't really know until we start getting reports of Harmony SetSail passes. Maybe I've missed it, but do you recall if anyone has been talking about uploading photos for Harmony online check-in?

I haven't read anything. The thing that stuck in my mind was that they were going with the Wowbands so it didn't seem like a stretch to include some of the other technological "advancements".

What Ocav just posted is true for every other Royal Caribbean ships except the Quantum class ships, and the New Harmony. They use the new electronic streamlined check in process. When online check in opens, usually 90 days prior, but check often, because for whatever reason our Harmony sailing on November 12, 2016, had online check in open about a month ago for about 3 days and then it closed again.

When you go to your reservation online, click on the link for online check in. If it is open you can click on edit on your name and begin filling in your personal information, your passport info and also submit a photo of your self. This is part of the new streamlined check in for their brand new ships. As you get to the bottom click save and it takes you to the next page. On about page 3 or 4 that is where you will see pick your boarding time. You can pick from a drop down list of time slots such as 11:00 to 11:30 etc. you can also pick that time for the person traveling with you in your stateroom. If you are traveling with others, you have the option of selecting their boarding time from your on line check in page. You can do this where it says select boarding time for others. You will need their last name and booking number.

Then when you complete the other sections and they are all complete, you can then print your "Set Sail Pass". On this will be your name, your picture and other info, including your selected boarding time.

Then when you arrive at the pier, you go in and find one of many people with

I Pads. They scan your Set Sail Pass and then they send you to security. After security you are then sent to an area corresponding to your boarding time. When they begin boarding they go by the time that you selected. The earlier you do your on line check in the better selection of times you will have. If you want 11 am, which I believe is the earliest, except for suites because they go first, do your on line check in as soon as it opens. Do check often. I hope this helps you. Any question just ask. If I can answer it for you I will.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Since terminal 18 is already set up with computers do you think they will do a hybrid check in system and not use the iPads ?

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I haven't read anything. The thing that stuck in my mind was that they were going with the Wowbands so it didn't seem like a stretch to include some of the other technological "advancements".

I missed the part about Wowbands on Harmony.

Yes, Harmony is using the same system as Quantum and Anthem. When I did my check in for Harmony Nov 12,2016 sailing, there is the section where you can upload your picture. However, it said that was not available to do yet. I did everything else including picking my boarding time. It said to check back later to upload your picture. Then on line check in for that sailing closed. When it reopens 90 days prior all I should have to do is our pictures. I am hoping everything I filled in last month will still be there as well as my selected boarding time especially because I picked the boarding time for all 8 people in our group.

Yes, Harmony is using the same system as Quantum and Anthem. When I did my check in for Harmony Nov 12,2016 sailing, there is the section where you can upload your picture. However, it said that was not available to do yet. I did everything else including picking my boarding time. It said to check back later to upload your picture. Then on line check in for that sailing closed. When it reopens 90 days prior all I should have to do is our pictures. I am hoping everything I filled in last month will still be there as well as my selected boarding time especially because I picked the boarding time for all 8 people in our group.

Thanks for the detailed info.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Since terminal 18 is already set up with computers do you think they will do a hybrid check in system and not use the iPads ?

I haven't cruised from Port Everglades but when Anthem was sailing from Southampton last summer they were using the iPad check in for Anthem and still using the regular check in for the voyager class ship also sailing out of Southampton.

It is Royal Caribbean so who know's what they are planning but they do have a history of more than one system being used.

We sail Harmony from Southampton in May and hope they have the iPad check in as was very smooth last year.

When I did get in this week it asked for our phots exactly like anthem last year which I did

So assuming the "asking of what time I will arrive" is the check in time like last year?

When I did get in this week it asked for our phots exactly like anthem last year which I did

So assuming the "asking of what time I will arrive" is the check in time like last year?

Yes, that's how I interpret it.

I haven't cruised from Port Everglades but when Anthem was sailing from Southampton last summer they were using the iPad check in for Anthem and still using the regular check in for the voyager class ship also sailing out of Southampton.

It is Royal Caribbean so who know's what they are planning but they do have a history of more than one system being used.

We sail Harmony from Southampton in May and hope they have the iPad check in as was very smooth last year.

Thanks.

No not exactly. As part of the online check-in, they do ask what time you are arriving, they also asked how you were departing and what time. The what time you are departing helps assist them in giving your debarkation time from the ship. However there is a separate section in the online check-in process where they specifically ask you to pick your check in time. The time you pick is the time that is printed on your set sail pass with your picture and other pertinent information.

I have checked in for Harmony's June 12th sailing. I selected a 12pm appointment (it was the earliest available). It says that with the printed copy of my SetSail pass, I can go thru check-in desks, and board the ship. The SeaPass cards will be in a sealed envelope in our stateroom.

Quite different of what I have done on previous cruises.

Edited by Pipo

I have checked in for Harmony's June 12th sailing. I selected a 12pm appointment (it was the earliest available). It says that with the printed copy of my SetSail pass, I can go thru check-in desks, and board the ship. The SeaPass cards will be in a sealed envelope in our stateroom.

Quite different of what I have done on previous cruises.

Yes it is quite simple, and streamlined. The only other thing that needs to be done, and can be done with the person with the iPad, is to fill out your health questionnaire. Everything is electronic, no paperwork Once you were on the ship, before you get to your state room since they don't usually open until 1 PM, and you want to buy a drink or something you can use your set sail pass that barcode has your information in it for the purchase. When we got to our room, the wow bands were waiting for us on the bed. I believe they are not automatically issued any longer, but there is a small fee for them. I belive they are about five dollars. We will pay the five dollars for the wow bands. They are so convenient. You can do everything on the ship with them, except leave the ship or reenter the ship. For that you still need the cards.

So since you have to choose a check in time, does that mean one cannot arrive earlier? Will they not let you board before the time you choose?

Luke, If you do your on line check in as soon as it opens for your sailing, you will have no problem picking the earliest time listed which is usually 11 AM. If on the other hand, only later times are available, which was the case on our sailing on the Quantum of the seas, because I was not aware of this new step, we still arrived at the Pier around 10 AM. We went and met up with the iPad person, quickly completed the check in, and health questionnaire, then went through security. We were then seated in an area that listed our time slot which I believe was 1230 to 1, or 1 to 130. They began the boarding process with the suite guests, around 1045, then they started with the 11 o'clock borders. Things went quickly and we did not have to wait for our assigned timeslot. As soon as the previous time slot area boarded the ship they moved to ours. We were on the ship by noon.

However, I have read on Cruise critic that some people posted that they had to wait until their specified times. In our situation that was not the case. The best way to get the earliest boarding time is to check your reservation and see if online check-in is available. I check sometimes up to three times a day. As things change frequently.

Thanks everyone for all of your post and information related to the new check-in procedures. I do have one more question. Y'all keep mentioning the "IPad person". ? Are they by the doors you enter the pier or inside the seating area? Also with the new Pier 18 for the Oasis Class, boarding has been amazingly easy. Your Crown & Anchor status was used on our previous Oasis and Allure Sailings. I gather from what I am reading that this has been changed. Do they just close off the check-in booths and simply use the IPad system? I too, as a previous post mentioned, always arrive around 10:00 a.m. Again, thank you for all the information .

Edited by The sea calls my name

The " I Pad People" or "check in agents" all wear a certain color uniform. I don't recall what the color is. They are walking around the area greeting the guests, as you enter the doors at Cape Liberty in Bayonne NJ where the Quantum sailed from and now the Anthem. They do not just stand in one specific area. As far as how it will work at Pier 18 in Fort Lauderdale, I don't know because When the HRmony arrive there, it will be the first time a ship with the new check in system will be used that pier. I could only tell you how it was at Bayonne New Jersey for the Quantum and Anthem.

Thirty-something new photos of the ship. Too many to post here. Check out the Pinterest board if you're interested.

https://www.pinterest.com/lloydmarchand/harmony-of-the-seas-oasis-3-construction-at-stx-fr/

Windjammer Marketplace

9f8a85cb5e17dbee3e59ccf1112fcbee.jpg

663ed6d1e862e58ac3866c32388b7e53.jpg

Nice view of lower portion of the Ultimate Abyss slide support posts.

6bb2b42803d4c6f0efb0ab05259f28c6.jpg