Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

I guess this will really affect the aft views of the B1 and B2 cabins.

I noted this as well when the Abyss was announced- I sure wish RC would of provided this picture prior to booking two rooms. This design appears to obstruct the port side aqua suite view of the theater.

I noted this as well when the Abyss was announced- I sure wish RC would of provided this picture prior to booking two rooms. This design appears to obstruct the port side aqua suite view of the theater.

I doubt one side is worse than the other. It launches from dead center. Well behind the Aqua Suite. Boardwalk balconies will definitely have to deal with it. It is meant to be a carnival atmosphere though. No pun intended. :eek:

If you look at the rendering it looks like there are 2 slides. I said in a different thread maybe one is the "up" just like they do at a bank's drive thru. Suck you right back to the top. :p

All jokes aside, a swim up bar would be phenomenal!

That made me thing of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, when Augustus Gloop falls in the chocolate river and gets stuck in the tube!! :eek:

I looked at it and thought that was going to enhance the view from the AquaTheater suites! More people watching :D

I doubt one side is worse than the other. It launches from dead center. Well behind the Aqua Suite. Boardwalk balconies will definitely have to deal with it. It is meant to be a carnival atmosphere though. No pun intended. :eek:

The rendering is unclear as to the end point of the slide. The bottom pole appears to be touching base of the ship toward the port side, but this design looks pretty incomplete. Regardless this could be making this area more like a "Carnival " ...... (ship?) is this a good thing?.

I thought I had caught it earlier on the Norwegian RCI website, but when looking at the Swedish version it was now more clear. They both make a distinction between Cyclone, Typhoon and Monsoon and the Ultimate Abyss.

They refer to the Cyclone, Typhoon and Monsoon as 'vattenrutschkanor' in Swedish and as 'vannskliene' in Norwegian. This would translate to

'water slides' in English.

They refer to the Ultimate Abyss as a 'rutschkana' in Swedish and a 'rutsjebanen' in Norwegian. This would just translate to 'Slide' and not to water slide in English.

The Swedish text for Abyss would translate

The Ocean's tallest slide.

'The Ultimate Abyss is a slide at the back of the ship that covers ten decks! Throw yourself out into it and enjoy the view of the ship and especially the ocean at full spead on the way down'

Havets högsta rutschkana The Ultimate Abyss är en rutschkana bak på fartyget som går över hela 10 däck! Kasta dig ut i den och njut av utsikten över fartyget och inte minst havet i full fart på vägen ned. - See more at: http://www.royalcaribbean.se/#!/vi-bygger-varldens-storsta-kryssningsfartyg-igen

I thought I had caught it earlier on the Norwegian RCI website, but when looking at the Swedish version it was now more clear. They both make a distinction between Cyclone, Typhoon and Monsoon and the Ultimate Abyss.

They refer to the Cyclone, Typhoon and Monsoon as 'vattenrutschkanor' in Swedish and as 'vannskliene' in Norwegian. This would translate to

'water slides' in English.

They refer to the Ultimate Abyss as a 'rutschkana' in Swedish and a 'rutsjebanen' in Norwegian. This would just translate to 'Slide' and not to water slide in English.

The Swedish text for Abyss would translate

The Ocean's tallest slide.

'The Ultimate Abyss is a slide at the back of the ship that covers ten decks! Throw yourself out into it and enjoy the view of the ship and especially the ocean at full spead on the way down'

Havets högsta rutschkana The Ultimate Abyss är en rutschkana bak på fartyget som går över hela 10 däck! Kasta dig ut i den och njut av utsikten över fartyget och inte minst havet i full fart på vägen ned. - See more at: http://www.royalcaribbean.se/#!/vi-bygger-varldens-storsta-kryssningsfartyg-igen

Just read your post. Sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

After chatting with someone yesterday, I was thinking the same about the Abyss, and actually it is labelled on the deck plans as just a slide - ‘The Ultimate “cool” Abyss Slide ’ whereas the other three are labelled as water slides. Of course, they may have just ran out of space on the deck plans. ;)

Since we first heard about the Abyss, I have been wondering why RCI would introduce a water slide that would deposit a bunch of WET ship guests into a part of the ship that doesn’t usually see people in bathing suits, let alone wet ones (except for the AquaTheater performers of course). There’s also the issue of getting these wet guests back to deck 16 for another go at the slide and/or to get whatever possessions or family members they left behind. If it’s a dry slide, there’s no issue with them using the nearby existing elevators and stairs inside the ship.

Maybe everyone can tweet Royal Caribbean PR and ask them to confirm whether it’s a dry slide or water slide. ;)

How hot will it be inside the slides, especially in the Caribbean?

The deck plans advertise it as ‘The Ultimate “cool” Abyss Slide ’.

They have a way of keeping it 'cool"? Titanium slide maybe?

http://www.wiegand-maelzer.com/en/products/products/dry-slides/

Some dry slides from the wiegand-maelzer website.

KualaLumpur.jpg

Zagreb_3.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

How hot will it be inside the slides, especially in the Caribbean?

The deck plans advertise it as ‘The Ultimate “cool” Abyss Slide ’.

They have a way of keeping it 'cool"? Titanium slide maybe?

http://www.wiegand-maelzer.com/en/products/products/dry-slides/

Slide06.jpg

Please let the previously posted rendering be (somewhat) accurate, in that the tubes are closed! :eek:

Tom

Hmmm. The same image is posted on the official Norwegian Royal Caribbean webpage. Scroll down on page to see it. Thanks to Ted Patrick on Facebook for sharing that info.

My co-worker asks: So did they have it on the site before it was found on Instagram today, or did they just post it after seeing the image posted on social media?

http://www.royalcaribbean.no/#!/vi-bygger-verdens-storste-cruiseskip-igjen

3f97a9b71b2d16323fc72ad9aeae7aca.jpg

Whelp, glad you grabbed that rendering when you did, because it's gone from the site now :rolleyes:

Swedish website updated today as well. The Ultimate Abyss feature was replaced with the 'old news', Central Park.

One thing I noticed with the London slide was the fact that riders never reached speeds of over 15 miles per hour on the way down and that the views were featured.

That 584 feet tall 'Tunnel Slide' was going to take 40 seconds for a descent.

That would mean at the same rate that a 100 foot Ultimate Abyss might just take 7 to 8 seconds for descent.

Swedish website updated today as well. The Ultimate Abyss feature was replaced with the 'old news', Central Park.

One thing I noticed with the London slide was the fact that riders never reached speeds of over 15 miles per hour on the way down and that the views were featured.

That 584 feet tall 'Tunnel Slide' was going to take 40 seconds for a descent.

That would mean at the same rate that a 100 foot Ultimate Abyss might just take 7 to 8 seconds for descent.

I'll bet if they have THIS type of surface, we might see a slicker/faster descent!

Tom

Hmmm. The same image is posted on the official Norwegian Royal Caribbean webpage. Scroll down on page to see it. Thanks to Ted Patrick on Facebook for sharing that info.

My co-worker asks: So did they have it on the site before it was found on Instagram today, or did they just post it after seeing the image posted on social media?

http://www.royalcaribbean.no/#!/vi-bygger-verdens-storste-cruiseskip-igjen

3f97a9b71b2d16323fc72ad9aeae7aca.jpg

It was on the Norwegian site prior to it was found on Instagram, and btw I'm Ted Patrick:D

Well thanks again! :)

I consider the Abyss mystery solved... Thanks to the dedication (aka curiosity) and research of our CC members. :D

Now, what shall we speculate about next?

I consider the Abyss mystery solved... Thanks to the dedication (aka curiosity) and research of our CC members. :D

Lol. I don't know but I'm sure whatever it is it will be beat to death and all the worst case situations will be analyzed.

Last minute pricing, suite benefits, Oasis 4 name and home port.....

Last minute pricing, suite benefits, Oasis 4 name and home port.....

I'll bite...

Oasis 4 = Haven of the Seas (yes, "Haven" is a term NCL uses, but no matter!)

Home Port (for selfish reasons) = Port Canaveral to replace the Oasis after she's relocated to... ?

Port Canaveral appears to be steadily gearing up. NCL announced this week that they're moving the Epic here in Nov '16 at the same time as the Oasis . Now if only Celebrity would sail from here too !!

Tom

I'll bite...

Home Port (for selfish reasons) = Port Canaveral to replace the Oasis after she's relocated to... ?

Port Canaveral appears to be steadily gearing up. NCL announced this week that they're moving the Epic here in Nov '16 at the same time as the Oasis . Now if only Celebrity would sail from here too !!

Tom

I heard she was going to homeport here in Oklahoma City ;)

I'll bite...

Tom

They need a tenant for Saturday's in T1, but parking is limited. Should of put two more floors on that garage, or made it deeper and wider

They need a tenant for Saturday's in T1, but parking is limited. Should of put two more floors on that garage, or made it deeper and wider

I thought terminal 1 was built specifically for (ships like) the Oasis. They got the terminal right, but not parking? :confused: I suppose people are always looking for places to cut corners.

Tom