Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

I'm going to put it out there to my CC community. Given this screenshot from the Harmony promotional video, I'm speculating an Oasis class ship will FINALLY get a Margaritaville!!!

So then... out with Corona and in with Landshark ? :D

Tom

I'm going to put it out there to my CC community. Given this screenshot from the Harmony promotional video, I'm speculating an Oasis class ship will FINALLY get a Margaritaville!!!

Margaritaville%20on%20Harmony_zps5ijgj1qb.png

There's no reason why NCL has to be the only line with one.

Probably just a plug for Falmouth

Probably just a plug for Falmouth

Agreed. Besides the fact that NCL has it, I don't think there's any place where they could put it. There doesn't seem to be any more 'unknowns' left on the deck plans.

Makes sense to me.

Just seeing if everyone is paying attention!?

BTW, here's a new photo of the Solarium on deck 2... :D

Speaking of the Solarium... wondering if you can comment on this, Lloyd. I noticed that on the Virtual Tour for the Oasis class ships, the new third level of the Solarium on Deck 14 (that used to be open deck space + the bridge wings), is made to look like it encompasses the Adventure Ocean facilities. In the illustration you can see the glass that extends out over the bridge to what used to be open deck space.

What I don't know is whether this is just an inaccuracy in the illustration and it's always been this way? Or whether it was updated after Harmony was announced.

The Harmony deck plans clearly show the Adventure Ocean facilities being behind what is labeled as "Solarium" on Deck 14, but I'm wondering whether the plan might be to turn that new solarium space into outdoor space for the kids programs?

Oasis_VirtualTour_Solarium_zps3jipy7we.jpg

HarmonyDeck14_zpsbyi9dfou.jpg

When you mouse over the "i" on deck 14 it´s labeled Voyagers, Explorers, Aquanauts. And when you look closely there are "dividers" dividing this open area into three sections according to the labeling.

I remember that on the Allure the deck plans did show an outside area for Adventure Ocean. And on some arial renderings deck 14 was "colored" in green and brown like an outside area. Anyway it stayed an open sun deck space.

So on this Virtual Tour picture it more looks like the - at some point planned - outside area of Adventure Ocean - not like an extension of the Solarium.

steamboats

on Deck 14, but I'm wondering whether the plan might be to turn that new solarium space into outdoor space for the kids programs?

[/img][/url]

[/url]

This came up a few weeks ago here and it turned out that this rendering is not current and was actually used for the previous releases, provides no updated information and has nothing to do with the current plans.

I find it odd that RCI would allow outdated information to be linked to the release of a new ship, but that seems to be the case.

Speaking of the Solarium... wondering if you can comment on this, Lloyd. I noticed that on the Virtual Tour for the Oasis class ships, the new third level of the Solarium on Deck 14 (that used to be open deck space + the bridge wings), is made to look like it encompasses the Adventure Ocean facilities. In the illustration you can see the glass that extends out over the bridge to what used to be open deck space.

What I don't know is whether this is just an inaccuracy in the illustration and it's always been this way? Or whether it was updated after Harmony was announced.

The Harmony deck plans clearly show the Adventure Ocean facilities being behind what is labeled as "Solarium" on Deck 14, but I'm wondering whether the plan might be to turn that new solarium space into outdoor space for the kids programs?

Oasis_VirtualTour_Solarium_zps3jipy7we.jpg

HarmonyDeck14_zpsbyi9dfou.jpg

This came up a few weeks ago here and it turned out that this rendering is not current and was actually used for the previous releases, provides no updated information and has nothing to do with the current plans.

I find it odd that RCI would allow outdated information to be linked to the release of a new ship, but that seems to be the case.

Dito :)

Edited by Lloyd555

This is RCI IT we're talking about! :rolleyes:

Hello,

I have asked RCCL at their facebook page, if the Dreamworks Experience will be available on the Harmony.

The answer was NO.

The Dreamworks Experience will not be available on the Harmony. :mad::mad:

My kids will be very disappointed.:(

Hrmmm...

This is the second new ship to not have DW.

They indicated that their DW relationship is stronger than ever when they introduced the Kung-Fu Panda experience on Quantum.

This leads me to think that there is some sort of license issue for ships in Europe, since both Anthem and Quantum are kicking things off in Europe and both are lacking DW.

Margaritaville%20on%20Harmony_zps5ijgj1qb.png

There's no reason why NCL has to be the only line with one.

You need not speculate on this. It is not going to happen on a Royal Caribbean ship. The reason why is the fact that NCL signed an exclusive agreement with Margaritaville for use on their ships only.

The fact that this showed up in a promo video for Harmony indicates a poor job of editing.

Harmony of the Seas' AquaTheater... before the Ultimate Abyss makes its appearance.

beb9cc08f6b58a5470f795b048fe0f44.jpg

That IS SO the View I was expecting when I booked a Boardwalk cabin. I've been on Oasis twice and BW both times, the last cruise was in 10329. For the cruise I'm on for Harmony 10329 wasn't available so down a few cabins.

That slide is going to wreck Boardwalk views and going to make a lot of people p-off!

Hrmmm...

This is the second new ship to not have DW.

They indicated that their DW relationship is stronger than ever when they introduced the Kung-Fu Panda experience on Quantum.

This leads me to think that there is some sort of license issue for ships in Europe, since both Anthem and Quantum are kicking things off in Europe and both are lacking DW.

The DreamWorks Experience brand is owned and fully controlled by DreamWorks.

They do not only have agreements with RCI, but also with hotels and resorts.

They recently pulled the DreamWorks experience from Gaylord Hotels when they decided not to continue that contract after Marriott's takeover of Gaylord. Marriott signed with Universal.

The Sands resort in Macao currently hosts the DreamWorks Experience and the presentation is similar to RCI's as it is controlled all the same by DreamWorks.

http://www.sandscotaicentral.com/dreamworks/summer-fun.html

One of the key factors stated by DreamWorks in the original contract in 2010 was that they wanted the DreamWorks Experience on the ships sailing from the USA that carried the most foreign visitors. They stated that they were targeting the ships that had at least 30% international passengers as their market was 65% non-US.

Unlike NCL, who just cancelled their agreement with Nickelodeon, RCI has evidently extended the general agreement with DreamWorks for another 5 years, while the DreamWorks Experience is still on a per ship contract. The experience is said to require a large amount of oversight on each ship where it is present by DreamWorks as the restrictions placed on RCI are very stringent.

That IS SO the View I was expecting when I booked a Boardwalk cabin. I've been on Oasis twice and BW both times, the last cruise was in 10329. For the cruise I'm on for Harmony 10329 wasn't available so down a few cabins.

That slide is going to wreck Boardwalk views and going to make a lot of people p-off!

It isn't to late to change your cabin. That photo also doesn't have the large wind screen behind the pool set up yet which blocks the aft ocean view.

Edit: nor does it have the TVs in place yet which blocks more of the ocean view. The large box that is there right now has some sort of tubing running to it. It might be an air scrubber for something going on in the ship, construction related.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Hey jaspercat, what sailing are you on? I have 10329 in Jan 17 b2b. I'm staying positive regarding the view, could add a really interesting people watching element, and I figure there'll still be plenty of aft view. I say hang in there and try it out before changing cabins... Have a great cruise! :D

We have cabin 12329 B2B in January 2017 on Harmony. The last cabin towards the aft. This is our first time getting a cabin that wasn't an ocean balcony. I'm sure we will notice the slide at first......but by the second day it will just be part of the background.

We had concerns about the superstructure on the aft of Liberty......was really nothing once on board.

A number of us feel your pain. I have 10329 and 11329 booked for March 2017. I am hoping you can provide a positive review in Jan to ease my concerns. I'm sure I will be spoiled with the OV Balcony I have in Jan 2017, but will "wait and see" the impact the abyss will have on the B1 rooms.

Nothing we can do other than cancel, or pay the upcharge to move to OV.

It isn't to late to change your cabin. That photo also doesn't have the large wind screen behind the pool set up yet which blocks the aft ocean view.

Edit: nor does it have the TVs in place yet which blocks more of the ocean view. The large box that is there right now has some sort of tubing running to it. It might be an air scrubber for something going on in the ship, construction related.

Hey jaspercat, what sailing are you on? I have 10329 in Jan 17 b2b. I'm staying positive regarding the view, could add a really interesting people watching element, and I figure there'll still be plenty of aft view. I say hang in there and try it out before changing cabins... Have a great cruise! :D

Oh I am staying positive and won't move (yet). I love the Boardwalk.

I'm not sailing until April 2017 - will look forward to your review/comments on how you found it.

As mentioned in earlier post, I was in cabin 10329 on Oasis and loved it.

Edited by jaspercat

We have cabin 12329 B2B in January 2017 on Harmony. The last cabin towards the aft. This is our first time getting a cabin that wasn't an ocean balcony. I'm sure we will notice the slide at first......but by the second day it will just be part of the background.

We had concerns about the superstructure on the aft of Liberty......was really nothing once on board.

A number of us feel your pain. I have 10329 and 11329 booked for March 2017. I am hoping you can provide a positive review in Jan to ease my concerns. I'm sure I will be spoiled with the OV Balcony I have in Jan 2017, but will "wait and see" the impact the abyss will have on the B1 rooms.

Nothing we can do other than cancel, or pay the upcharge to move to OV.

Will keep what cabin I have -- to move to an OV is a lot of money.

Not sailing until April 2017 so will be looking forward to reviews from all that sail before that.

Another great view.

3e5720c9a890e235e5f9cd0a8f038c36.jpg

Photo by Richard_Thiriet

Edited by Lloyd555