Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

Lifeboats are on deck 5. They also obscure the view a bit from the dining room windows on deck 4.

Thank you Thank you. Just booked deck 6 without even thinking of the lifeboats. I realize it would have said "obstructed view", but I did not want a cabin next to a lifeboat, obstructing views by looking forward or aft. Thank you again Bob...you are always so helpful.

Do we know whether in Central Park it's going to be Giovanni's Table or Jamie's Italian? Those deck plans show GT, but the UK brochure deck plans show/highlight Jamie's Italian.

Interesting there's no sign of Abyss in those updated plans!

I love Jamie's Italian! Got a link to UK brochure!?

I believe you, I just need to see it because it would mean that this is in my future... :D

448f72785c6af4da78d2300a988157e3.jpg

Jamie's Italian will replace Giovanni's Table on Harmony.

I found the UK brochure with deck plans with Jamie's in Central Park. :)

The updated deck plans have Giovanni's table.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that it will indeed be onboard?

I don't see Starbucks on the updated deck plans:eek:

At one time Starbucks was shown on the Boardwalk, moved from the Promenade where the Shore Excursion area now sits. Now it is missing....

It disappeared a short while ago from the deck plans.

^Nice! Are there any updated plans showing dining venues? A certain German site is showing the Grande, American Icon ... whereas I had read that the dynamic dining was not going ahead for Oasis class?:confused:

The German website usually is the latest to be updated.

Can´t see Jamie´s on the UK deckplan nor on the website. The UK deckplan says Giovanni´s table. The latest media release I have is dated August 17th and they don´t mention Jamie´s either (but also not Giovanni´s). Never heard a word about Jamie´s regarding the Harmony.

The missing Starbucks might be a "bug". But you never know. Maybe they have discontinued the relationship with Starbucks.

steamboats

Hello, stumbled onto this thread and there are a long list of replies so apologies I'm probably asking what has already been discussed...

Start of thread was about the building of a new ship.

Wondering how long it takes to build a cruise ship?

Do they have a name for it?

Thanks!

Laura

Hello, stumbled onto this thread and there are a long list of replies so apologies I'm probably asking what has already been discussed...

Start of thread was about the building of a new ship.

Wondering how long it takes to build a cruise ship?

Do they have a name for it?

Thanks!

Laura

Harmony is the name, and it takes between one and two years to build.

Found the brochure (go to "View & Request a brochure", pick "Worldwide Cruises 2016-2017). It´s in the deckplans by the end of the brochure. BTW that deckplan shows Starbucks on the Boardwalk. A couple of pages earlier there´s a list of venues of all ship classes. In the Oasis colums it says for both "Giovanni´s Table" and "Jamie´s Italian" "only on certain ships of this class".

Actually I´d prefer Giovanni´s Table over Jamie´s.

steamboats

Found the brochure (go to "View & Request a brochure", pick "Worldwide Cruises 2016-2017). It´s in the deckplans by the end of the brochure. BTW that deckplan shows Starbucks on the Boardwalk. A couple of pages earlier there´s a list of venues of all ship classes. In the Oasis colums it says for both "Giovanni´s Table" and "Jamie´s Italian" "only on certain ships of this class".

steamboats

Thank you. I saw that too. Need to investigate more.

The plans also have Chic, Grande, American Icon rather than the updated Main Dining Room. The deck plans are pre-removal of Dynamic Dining.

The German website usually is the latest to be updated.

While RCI shows MDR in their deck plans, the german site deck plan is the accurate one as of now since those venues on current Oasis class ships are named that way. So the german one might be outdated, but it is accurate. Granted, the signs by the entrance to the venues could be taken down any day, but as far as I know they are still named that way. And I assume the design theme will be used on Harmony as well - the entrance signs may or may not be used.

Biker, who wonders if it's easier for customers to remember/say Chic or deck 5 of MDR?

Edited by Biker19

While RCI shows MDR in their deck plans, the german site deck plan is the accurate one as of now since those venues on current Oasis class ships are named that way. So the german one might be outdated, but it is accurate. Granted, the signs by the entrance to the venues could be taken down any day, but as far as I know they are still named that way. And I assume the design theme will be used on Harmony as well - the entrance signs may or may not be used.

Biker, who wonders if it's easier for customers to remember/say Chic or deck 5 of MDR?

Not that accurate. There is no Abyss Ultimate Slide on deck 16, No Luckey Climber on deck 6, no Promenade Café on deck 5, etc.?

https://www.royalcaribbean.de/schiffe/harmony-of-the-seas.htm

I love Jamie's Italian! Got a link to UK brochure!?

I believe you, I just need to see it because it would mean that this is in my future... :D

Jamie's is OK, nothing to write home about! My ex bf had the daily special there one day and as he said 'It wasn't!' I've eaten once at the one in my local mall, it'll be a while before I eat there again. I certainly won't bother on the Anthem, that's for sure.

Jamie's is OK, nothing to write home about! My ex bf had the daily special there one day and as he said 'It wasn't!' I've eaten once at the one in my local mall, it'll be a while before I eat there again. I certainly won't bother on the Anthem, that's for sure.

We ate at Jamie's on Quantum 3 or 4 times and really enjoyed it. However, it's ala carte on Anthem, and prices seem pretty expensive. Probably won't eat there again.

We ate at Jamie's on Quantum 3 or 4 times and really enjoyed it. However, it's ala carte on Anthem, and prices seem pretty expensive. Probably won't eat there again.

The a la carte era is over on the Anthem. It lasted a very short time and was at the demand of the UK Jamie's as they were trying to avoid degenerating their brand. It was a complete failure and eliminated.

Jamie's Italian is now $30 for dinner on my cruise planner.

It started off as a la carte on anthem but by our cruise in June they had changed to cover charge again - I had lunch in it once and it was very good - well worth the cover charge.

The a la carte era is over on the Anthem. It lasted a very short time and was at the demand of the UK Jamie's as they were trying to avoid degenerating their brand. It was a complete failure and eliminated.

It started off as a la carte on anthem but by our cruise in June they had changed to cover charge again - I had lunch in it once and it was very good - well worth the cover charge.

Thanks. That's good to know. We really enjoyed it, but I would not pay the high prices I saw posted. Even better when you can use the D+ BOGO coupon.

DD and the naming of the venues are not related. All of Oasis class ships have those named venues but will stick with traditional dining.

Yeah, I know, but the US website is showing a MDR. Therefore, the German website has not been updated. I get that the DD names might still be there, but calling them that on the plans is going to confuse people and make them think that DD is in place.

By the way, haven't seen anything that actually says that there is going to be those 3 dining venues on Harmony anymore. Wouldn't surprise me if all three floors get the same name.

Alright, but people associate the DD names with DD, and automatically think that DD will be on the ship.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

steamboats

Thanks!

Yea I've tried to upload some photos from the physical brochure - there just seem to be a couple of minor differences.

I assumed Starbucks was being moved to allow for Royal IQ in that same location, would make sense as shore excursions hovers around the clock there, so effectively makes a hub.

ImageUploadedByForums1442162540.982445.jpg.bcd9692fa670c06c4415b543b89b6f12.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1442162529.700529.jpg.a63285e8fccb6042efbeb4217fff2b31.jpg

I was never impressed with what he prepared when he was on the Food Network. To me, his dishes were about as inspired as a cinder block, so I was actually disappointed when RCL decided to waste space on their new ships for his restaurant. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biker19 viewpost.gif

No, they are outdated. After they got rid of DD for the Oasis class the US website changed from American Icon Grill, The Grande and Chic to Main Dining Room. And there´s no need to "decorate" the MDR in three different ways anymore. BTW the old MDRs on the Oasis/Allure were much nicer. It´s not simply the signs. All three decks were redecorated.

steamboats

Jamie´s started out on Quantum with a cover charge. Shortly before the Anthem came they changed it to à la carte. But as said - this did not last very long and it´s back to fixed cover charge.

That plank thing was nice. But actually those are antipasti including cheeses and cold cuts. Not much of cooking involved in that. Arancini were o.k., Porchetta didn´t impress us. Polenta Chips?? Sorry, must be the British influence...

steamboats

I was never impressed with what he prepared when he was on the Food Network. To me, his dishes were about as inspired as a cinder block, so I was actually disappointed when RCL decided to waste space on their new ships for his restaurant. :(

I think the decision is based more on his sales of 35 million books worldwide and the high ratings of his TV shows in over 50 countries than on the food itself.

Jamie's Italian already has a presence in Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai along with the many UK locations among others. The food is of good standard, but certainly nothing exceptional.

I actually also prefer Giovanni's Table and hope the UK deck plan is no longer actual.

The one thing I noticed on Quantum was that RCI had also used Jamie's for a very limited tapas menu at Vintages, that was also next door to Jamie's on that ship as it would have been on Harmony. Even there, I preferred the old Vintages tapas menu on Oasis and Allure.

Yeah, I know, but the US website is showing a MDR. Therefore, the German website has not been updated. I get that the DD names might still be there, but calling them that on the plans is going to confuse people and make them think that DD is in place.

That might be true of the minuscule number of cruisers on this site but for the vast majority of cruisers there's no confusion with DD since they no have idea what it is or why those venues are named that way.