Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

Yes, steamboats is talking about the part I was referring to. My fault - there are a quite a few parts sticking out of port wing. I should have included the same image that I used in FB comment to make it stand out.

16cd839af8f1a6277baf34d58206857b.jpg

Or I could have put a red circle around it.

Maybe thats where the Abyss starts, goes down the side of the ship and then down to the boardwalk :D

Maybe thats where the Abyss starts, goes down the side of the ship and then down to the boardwalk :D

That would be awesome, but alas, this is where the Ultimate Abyss starts...

Looking out over the aft end of deck 16 with FlowRider bleachers in the foreground, the Wipe Out Bar off to the left and the future home of the Ultimate Abyss slide launch area in the background.

4e2e1f4bca960ff3911a99cf7cafb19a.jpg

Yes, steamboats is talking about the part I was referring to. My fault - there are a quite a few parts sticking out of port wing. I should have included the same image that I used in FB comment to make it stand out.

16cd839af8f1a6277baf34d58206857b.jpg

Or I could have put a red circle around it.

I wonder if they are doing a "walk the plank"-style feature like NCL has done on their last few newbuilds?

This doesn't necessary have to do with Harmony, but it will have an impact on the naming of Oasis 4 and Q4. According to a certain blog, RCI has abandoned most, if not all, of their perviously trademarked names. They include Emblem, Passion, Pulse, Apex, Joy, and Spectrum of the Seas.

IMO, this is good news... They were terrible.

This doesn't necessary have to do with Harmony, but it will have an impact on the naming of Oasis 4 and Q4. According to a certain blog, RCI has abandoned most, if not all, of their perviously trademarked names. They include Emblem, Passion, Pulse, Apex, Joy, and Spectrum of the Seas.

IMO, this is good news... They were terrible.

Trademarks are public record. All of these were up for renewal and RCI did not act to renew or use them and that is all that happened. They did not actively file to abandon them, so we could see them re-appear again.

They had renewed the one group of names one time and the other group were only filed for one year.

Oddly, Ovation of the Seas is also currently listed as abandoned as well.

More concerning if I was RCI is that the trademarks for 'Royal IQ' and 'Wowband' are up for renewal and documents appear to not have been filed for their active use. They need to file prior to October 7th according to the trademark tracking websites.

We need to crowdsource Lloyd a longer lens. Who's in.

Save your money (although I cooouuulldd use a TA cruise in October 2016 on the Harmony... ;) )

Front edge of deck 14 of the Solarium. Yup, definitely no open space in front of the Solarium. :rolleyes:

7935006e2317d5be5b743a938e749b7f.jpg

Looking down from deck 16 at deck 15 of the Solarium.

2a95144d7b1b4e7bf410f8bab4c491b0.jpg

Looking up at deck 15 of the Solarium.

bd0b896f98a35bc18b0bf334a2e44cf5.jpg

Looking out over the port bridge wing. A closer look at that extra bit added to the front edge...

f56848c43800baa161847f12d2db2b2c.jpg

Save your money (although I cooouuulldd use a TA cruise in October 2016 on the Harmony...

Front edge of deck 14 of the Solarium. Yup, definitely no open space in front of the Solarium. :rolleyes:

7935006e2317d5be5b743a938e749b7f.jpg

Looking down from deck 16 at deck 15 of the Solarium.

2a95144d7b1b4e7bf410f8bab4c491b0.jpg

Looking up at deck 15 of the Solarium.

bd0b896f98a35bc18b0bf334a2e44cf5.jpg

Looking out over the port bridge wing. A closer look at that extra bit added to the front edge...

f56848c43800baa161847f12d2db2b2c.jpg

I'll sign up for $20. :D

Who knows how to crowd source

is the pool in the solarium going to be the same as the oasis and allure? or will they increase the size or possible copy quantum's solarium pools? that was the only thing i wish they would do, i found that pool to be on the small side especially if its busy.

is the pool in the solarium going to be the same as the oasis and allure? or will they increase the size or possible copy quantum's solarium pools? that was the only thing i wish they would do, i found that pool to be on the small side especially if its busy.

I think it'll be the same setup as Oasis/Allure, perhaps with additional smaller ones on the new section (but I doubt it looking at the photos/deckplans)

Another view of the Harmony of the Seas' Solarium and the vertigo inducing glass viewing floor. (Thanks to David at Ports of Call for that great description)

fc30fea237113684a7d8e72c52cafea7.jpg

EDIT: I seem to have left a photo out of the post yesterday! I'm talking about this (partial view of a) vertigo inducing viewing floor on the port side wing...

46a808e489d64a42a44dc4168454834f.jpg

Another view of the Harmony of the Seas' Solarium and the vertigo inducing glass viewing floor. (Thanks to David at Ports of Call for that great description)

EDIT: I seem to have left a photo out of the post yesterday! I'm talking about this (partial view of a) vertigo inducing viewing floor on the port side wing...

That's pretty cool but what a strange place to put it....kids are not allowed in the solarium and they will be the ones wanting to see this most:rolleyes:

Maybe they will figure out a way to have it open to everyone. If not, there will be a lot of complaints of kids in the solarium.

That's pretty cool but what a strange place to put it....kids are not allowed in the solarium and they will be the ones wanting to see this most:rolleyes:

Maybe they will figure out a way to have it open to everyone. If not, there will be a lot of complaints of kids in the solarium.

Maybe we shouldn't tell the kids. ;)

Maybe we shouldn't tell the kids. ;)

Oh, I know all about that. First time we went on Oasis I didn't tell my kids that the donuts at the donut shop on the boardwalk were free - they assumed you had to pay and I didn't tell them the difference:p I didn't want them loading up on donuts every day.

On the last day I told them they were free and let them have some. They were happy about the donuts but gutted that they didn't know all week. I still hear about that one today - they say I'm a mean mom:cool:

Oh, I know all about that. First time we went on Oasis I didn't tell my kids that the donuts at the donut shop on the boardwalk were free - they assumed you had to pay and I didn't tell them the difference:p I didn't want them loading up on donuts every day.

On the last day I told them they were free and let them have some. They were happy about the donuts but gutted that they didn't know all week. I still hear about that one today - they say I'm a mean mom:cool:

Not to hijack this thread, but we did that with our kids too. You are a GREAT AWESOME mom! You actually told them on the last day. We never did! I still feel bad about that sometimes....

Will that glass area be open to guest 24/7? Or will it be crew only? With the reduced open deck space now on deck 15 forward, those wings are going to be so crowded during sailaway.

Edit: It will be a great view though regardless.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

I looked it up and someone who toured the Oasis said that it was wave radar? Can anyone confirm?

672c5beaa3d519803296492620b2feb7.jpg

I found the below reference to "Wave Radar" on an Oasis review HERE (and a few other places):

They had waves of 80 feet during the crossing. The reason they know this is they had a wave radar position right at the tip of the bow looking straight down that they were using for purposes of passenger comfort. The last wave height recorded was 80 feet when a wave hit it and bent the radar out of position. During the crossing, there were people who were working on the Royal Promenade who went out on Deck 5 having no idea how bad the weather was.

Tom

I found the below reference to "Wave Radar" on an Oasis review HERE (and a few other places):

They had waves of 80 feet during the crossing. The reason they know this is they had a wave radar position right at the tip of the bow looking straight down that they were using for purposes of passenger comfort. The last wave height recorded was 80 feet when a wave hit it and bent the radar out of position. During the crossing, there were people who were working on the Royal Promenade who went out on Deck 5 having no idea how bad the weather was.

Tom

That make sense. If you look at the bottom of the radar tower there is a large hydraulic cylinder. Normally the radar is upright, and the cylinder would lower it for exactly what you described.