Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

I found the below reference to "Wave Radar" on an Oasis review HERE (and a few other places):

They had waves of 80 feet during the crossing. The reason they know this is they had a wave radar position right at the tip of the bow looking straight down that they were using for purposes of passenger comfort. The last wave height recorded was 80 feet when a wave hit it and bent the radar out of position. During the crossing, there were people who were working on the Royal Promenade who went out on Deck 5 having no idea how bad the weather was.

Tom

Thanks for the info, 80 feets:eek: so scary

Throwback! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Nice find, Lloyd! Wow, that area looks a lot bigger than I was expecting.

Can't believe shakedown / sea trials begin in Feb, feels like that's right around the corner.

These areas above the wave breakers are now fitness spots. Got to make room for stretching, yoga, etc.

The rest of the deck 5 running track looks the same. :D

6bf64f6e4c27c35f09873b276f0ed015.jpg

A news segment on Harmony of the Seas from a French news series broadcasted October 5th...

http://www.francetvinfo.fr/replay-magazine/france-2/l-angle-eco/l-angle-eco-du-lundi-5-octobre-2015_1104039.html

Just in case you can't get it to play, I got 'a few' screen prints at https://www.pinterest.com/lloydmarchand/harmony-of-the-seas-oasis-3-construction-at-stx-fr/

Some of good images from the news segment...

0115d6000f0886bc5a9f9ce6e2ace8f5.jpg

85d6d2956ac4d9c5540d9696f812aae2.jpg

e7f99c2fa2810153d213cb9b426d135a.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

From the various views so far...it sure appears like the back end of the ship (mostly from the slides) will sure be a lot more "cluttered up" in terms of the traditional nice views in the boardwalk and central park areas.

I can see one set of slides being something "new", but in some ways with the read slide...things are taking on a "gimmicky" appearance that are detracting from the historically nice views in the rear of the ship - specifically wondering the impact of all this to the inside balcony experiences.

We'll have to see how it all turns out in the final form.