Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

No, they are outdated. After they got rid of DD for the Oasis class the US website changed from American Icon Grill, The Grande and Chic to Main Dining Room. And there´s no need to "decorate" the MDR in three different ways anymore. BTW the old MDRs on the Oasis/Allure were much nicer. It´s not simply the signs. All three decks were redecorated.

I agree outdated, but in terms of the naming of the venues it is accurate until the names on the ship are removed. It yet to be seen how the Harmony will be decorated - I have a feeling despite the cancellation of DD, they will still have the three distinctive decorations like her two sisters.

Cruise deck plans dot com have the next to the last version of the Harmony deck plans that include the Ultimate Abyss 'Cool' Slide launch area on deck 16.

This version actually had changed from American Icon, Silk and the Grande to have all three levels named, 'Main Dining Room'

When the next plans arrived on the RCI website they had Starbucks missing and changed the name of the Ultimate Abyss, but they left the dining room marked, 'main dining room'

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=04&shipCode=HM&shipProfile=1698&sailDate=1160529&hasNavigation=false

This version also put Starbucks back in place on the Boardwalk and included the new Boardwalk, Lucky Climber.

That might be true of the minuscule number of cruisers on this site but for the vast majority of cruisers there's no confusion with DD since they no have idea what it is or why those venues are named that way.

Alright... Well its not really a big deal either way. But if theres no DD, then essentially there is no need to have those names on the deck plans, because it is essentially just the MDR.

By the way, my original post about the German website deck plans being outdated was in response to someone who was confused because they had thought DD was canceled, yet the names and descriptions of the DD venues were still appearing (on the German site).

I agree outdated, but in terms of the naming of the venues it is accurate until the names on the ship are removed. It yet to be seen how the Harmony will be decorated - I have a feeling despite the cancellation of DD, they will still have the three distinctive decorations like her two sisters.

I don´t think that it will be decorated like this. There´s no need to do this anymore. And actually it confuses the passengers who know the restaurants from Quantum class. BTW the US website does not mention those names under dining venues either but speaks about a main dining room. I doubt that by the time they skipped DD the decoration of the main dining room was already on.

BTW the German website does mention Giovanni´s Table in the overview.

steamboats

Although Giovanni's Table is shown on the deck plans, it is not listed under the dining venues on the Harmony website. Not sure if that means anything, just pointing it out.

http://connect.royalcaribbean.com/harmonyoftheseas/dining/

Funny thing is that the "accurate" German website does list Giovanni´s Table in the overview:

https://www.royalcaribbean.de/schiffe/harmony-of-the-seas.htm

steamboats

I don´t think that it will be decorated like this. There´s no need to do this anymore. And actually it confuses the passengers who know the restaurants from Quantum class. BTW the US website does not mention those names under dining venues either but speaks about a main dining room. I doubt that by the time they skipped DD the decoration of the main dining room was already on.

The design and decoration was probably set at the time of award for building the ship 2+ years ago. Of course RCI could spring for a redesign and a different decoration of the MDR but that would probably cost more money. Seems to me RCI wants to keep things the same across the Oasis class, which would mean three distinctly decorated venues. Again, the number of customers who know anything about venue names (and might be confused) is minuscule compared to the overall sailing customer base.

Another alternative is to keep the DD decor in the MDRs but just change the name signs for each level. Would seem to be a comparatively inexpensive way of handling the situation on the Oasis Class ships to avoid any confusion and head off guest questions about DD.

The design and decoration was probably set at the time of award for building the ship 2+ years ago. Of course RCI could spring for a redesign and a different decoration of the MDR but that would probably cost more money. Seems to me RCI wants to keep things the same across the Oasis class, which would mean three distinctly decorated venues. Again, the number of customers who know anything about venue names (and might be confused) is minuscule compared to the overall sailing customer base.

Regarding the fact that they almost had no time to plan the redecoration of the Oasis as the decision pro DD was made only a couple of weeks prior to the dry dock I don´t think that this would be a major problem. And there are so many difference between the Oasis/Allure and the Harmony that the decoration of the MDR doesn´t matter at all. Most of the repeat passenger are well used to the "old" Main Dining Room of Oasis/Allure anyway.

BTW Oasis and Allure have undergone a couple of changes since they were introduced. Allure got new features when she came out (like the Boardwalk Doghouse, Samba Grill instead of Solarium Bistro). Shops have been changed on the Royal Promenade (while sailing not just in dry dock) - like Mondo Café on the Oasis became Starbucks (like on the Allure). Focus Photo Shop on deck 5 on the Oasis became a retail store (and has been changed again during dry dock). On the Oasis they´ve announced Wonderland replacing the former Concierge Lounge on deck 11/12. They had even put up signs "coming soon" and it was closed during the TA back to Fort Lauderdale last October. Then they revised their decision and made it to a Diamond Club. It was long uncertain whether Allure will get Wonderland but they´ve decided against it. Now Harmony is getting Wonderland (moving the DC down on deck 4 replacing Blaze - so no night club anymore).

Those are just a few examples of decisions and differences regarding the Oasis class ships.

steamboats

aka Carmen

BTW Oasis and Allure have undergone a couple of changes since they were introduced. Allure got new features when she came out (like the Boardwalk Doghouse, Samba Grill instead of Solarium Bistro). Shops have been changed on the Royal Promenade (while sailing not just in dry dock) - like Mondo Café on the Oasis became Starbucks (like on the Allure). Focus Photo Shop on deck 5 on the Oasis became a retail store (and has been changed again during dry dock). On the Oasis they´ve announced Wonderland replacing the former Concierge Lounge on deck 11/12. They had even put up signs "coming soon" and it was closed during the TA back to Fort Lauderdale last October. Then they revised their decision and made it to a Diamond Club. It was long uncertain whether Allure will get Wonderland but they´ve decided against it. Now Harmony is getting Wonderland (moving the DC down on deck 4 replacing Blaze - so no night club anymore).

Those are just a few examples of decisions and differences regarding the Oasis class ships.

Those are relatively minor changes/differences compared to a 3000 seat MDR. Yes, RCI can and has changed its mind on some design elements and venues, but changing the MDR is a big deal. Adding slides to Oasis and Allure to match Harmony would be a big deal. We'll have to wait a bit more to see what RCI has decided on the MDR decor.

Think of it from RCI's perspective - if you have already paid for the MDR to look like Oasis/Allure why would you pay more to have a uniform looking MDR on all 3 levels? What does that buy you?

Edited by Biker19

Adding slides to Oasis and Allure to match Harmony would be a big deal.

That´s already announced by RCI - at least unless they change their mind!

Nothing is fixed until it´s built in! So unless the decoration of a certain area is already premade by a contractor you can change everything. As said before the change of the MDR on the Oasis to the three DD venues was made on a very shorttime notice prior to the dry dock (and that´s one of the reasons the ship was a construction site on the westbound TA - 2 weeks were much too short for such big changes). There were renderings for Wonderland for the Oasis and signs in the aisles saying "coming soon". Anyway they´ve revoked their decision. I´m pretty sure that wasn´t for "free" either.

But you´re right, we have to wait and see!

steamboats

That´s already announced by RCI - at least unless they change their mind!

Nothing is fixed until it´s built in! So unless the decoration of a certain area is already premade by a contractor you can change everything. As said before the change of the MDR on the Oasis to the three DD venues was made on a very shorttime notice prior to the dry dock (and that´s one of the reasons the ship was a construction site on the westbound TA - 2 weeks were much too short for such big changes). There were renderings for Wonderland for the Oasis and signs in the aisles saying "coming soon". Anyway they´ve revoked their decision. I´m pretty sure that wasn´t for "free" either.

But you´re right, we have to wait and see!

steamboats

I agree with you. I doubt that the chairs and decorations have already been made. Royal could easily just change some fabric and carpet colors, and there you go, a unified 3 story MDR. I doubt that will happen on the Oasis or Allure anytime soon, but it would make sense to do it on Harmony.

Also, regarding Oasis and Allure...It would be great if they would just rename the dining rooms on all levels to be the same.

Hey jaspercat, what sailing are you on? I have 10329 in Jan 17 b2b. I'm staying positive regarding the view, could add a really interesting people watching element, and I figure there'll still be plenty of aft view. I say hang in there and try it out before changing cabins... Have a great cruise! :D

Hello, I was booking the 10719, but watching the Abyss render I've changed to 10317, unfortunately there aren't cabins nearer the edge like the ***29.

Do you think I'll see the aquatheater shows?

Edited by Qvbc?!

Harmony of the Seas' Solarium construction close-up from ship spotting website

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2325878

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2325877

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2325876

c9ebb9dd962748eef428a3f341956bed.jpg

What's that extra bit sticking out of the port wing? :)

c388c71c7ae8d7a7aabe63c62bc15af5.jpg

There may be some sort of device in it. First I thought it could be some sort of light in it, but not sure about that. Some of the earlier pictures (the overhead shot) shows it just infront of the port side wing. There are a few others in which it almost looks like a rectangular head light (but not).

Lloyd - See the last picture from your earlier post #679

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Tall-Cruiser,

the big white parts sticking out of the side behind the top of the Solarium are most likely some kind of wind deflectors.

Lloyd is talking about the port wingbridge and the square part added in the front which is missing on the starbord side.

steamboats

There may be some sort of device in it. First I thought it could be some sort of light in it, but not sure about that. Some of the earlier pictures (the overhead shot) shows it just infront of the port side wing. There are a few others in which it almost looks like a rectangular head light (but not).

Lloyd - See the last picture from your earlier post #679

Tall-Cruiser,

the big white part sticking out of the side behind the top of the Solarium are most likely some kind of wind deflectors.

Lloyd is talking about the port wingbridge and the square part added in the front which is missing on the starbord side.

steamboats

Yes, steamboats is talking about the part I was referring to. My fault - there are a quite a few parts sticking out of port wing. I should have included the same image that I used in FB comment to make it stand out.

16cd839af8f1a6277baf34d58206857b.jpg

Or I could have put a red circle around it.