Dinner reservations via web.

dmacp

Anyone else had trouble with this function. Seems to be very inadequate.

Inadequate, or just full up?

This seems to be the last week to make online Reservations for your cruise.

Don't forget, the system cuts off seven days before sailing

All it tells me is 'Sorry there was an error, please try again." I have had this error multiple times.

In addition I tried to cancel a reservation due to itinerary change before, but it wouldn't let me, and I finally had to call the reservation line to do it. And previously I tried to make a reservation with our cruise partners booking number which it took, but only made the reservation for our booking number without our partners. Instead it gave us two reservations for two instead of one for 4.

Honestly I have a masters in computer science. This shouldn't be that big of an issue.

I remember once they had system overload! It was the first day bookings became available and so many people were trying to book reservations at once, the system couldn't handle it. However, this late in the process,and this close to your cruise, that shouldn't be an issue.

I remember once they had system overload! It was the first day bookings became available and so many people were trying to book reservations at once, the system couldn't handle it. However, this late in the process,and this close to your cruise, that shouldn't be an issue.

As the Cruise approaches, larger and larger numbers of Passengers qualify to make Online Reservations, while at the same time, the number of open reservations are ever decreasing.

At a certain point, I believe that Oceania actually prefers that a human being be involved on their end.

I made my reservations a few hours after midnight on my first eligible day (75 days out). 1930 dinner slots already not available for tables of 4 –table for 2 no problem. With a 2100 hrs. sunset, summertime later dinner (2000) not a problem for us since my girls will take some sun/deck time when we get back from ashore.

What was an issue was trying to “invite” my daughters (second cabin I bought) to my table. The system kept telling me that it could not do it because “their booking was incomplete.” Called Oceania directly and in 2 minutes it was fixed – my daughters (not eligible on their own – yet - for restaurant reservations) were confirmed. The Oceania agent did tell me that Oceania releases 60% of the restaurant capacity online – so something to be said for still getting to the onboard restaurant reservations line early - if you want to try and change there is probably capacity not available online.

I would suggeset always make them online as soon as eligible to lock-in something, and then hit the ship as early as possible to try and change if not satisfied with the times/dates. Any online problems call Oceania direct.

IF what I was told by Oceania is true then 40% of the reservations are still held until embarkation.

I made our specialty dining reservations for 4 for our July cruise last night at midnight (just happened to still be up-for our other cruise early morning when reservations opened was still very open) without problem. Now our Baltic cruise like all this summer's Baltic cruise is probably not anywhere near full which probably makes a difference when trying to book for more than 2. I had no problem but did have to enter the other reservation number more than once to add the guests at least twice. I believe it likely that they hold back some bigger tables for later reservations (no idea if 60/40 or what) but also believe that booking as early as you can works.

My reservations for 4 showed up on my already booked and in an email right away. I checked with my brother-in-law this morning who did not get an email but did find a restaurant reservation on his already booked later in the morning-I had him check because of reading this thread. His showed reservations on the days I selected for them and 2 guests though mine showed four persons period. I think this is because of one doing the booking and one being the "guests" but I will be checking with Oceania tomorrow or Monday to be sure since BIL and DH are world class second guessers. Anyway, there are not just computer glitches at times apparently but also confusing ways of showing the reservations (I think) so it never hurts to check with a human as said above.

I HAVE had some problems ... for example, a reservation for four suddenly became a reservation for two. Or what has happened more than once or twice was the information that the people we wanted to have dinner with had not yet finalized their reservation ... but this was after pay-up date and they HAD.

Still, I called someone at O who always fixed the problem.

Mura

Edited by Mura

I checked with O humans just to be sure that my reservations for 4 with guests showing reservations for 2 was correct and it was. It was as I thought that host shows 4 and guests show how ever many they are. However, I will keep checking until we leave after what I have read here. Remember any first timers reading here to book your dinner reservations as soon as you can after payment and before reservations close and to call O if there are any glitches.

Can someone please help me access the site where one makes these reservations. I can't seem to get on, thanks. I called O and they were of no help at all!

Click on Already Booked and log in...

You should see a list of cruises you have registered (if you don't - you need to add your cruise using your Invoice Number).

To the right of the cruise is a link for "Make Dinner Reservations"

That said, O has never given us a hard time making reservations over the phone. They are always very cordial and helpful. Maybe try that again?

Edited by corpkid

Can someone please help me access the site where one makes these reservations. I can't seem to get on, thanks. I called O and they were of no help at all!

It isn't the most intuitive thing.

First of all you have to be registered on the Oceania site, then you have to log in, then you have to link your booking to your login.

Once this is done on the right of the top menu go to 'Already Booked', which will pop up a new panel under the menu bar. On the left of this panel you should see a section with 'Manage Your Booking' and in that section is a link to 'Visit Already Booked'. Click on this link.

Then scroll down to find your cruise. On the right with this cruise will be a link to Make Dinner Reservations.

Go to the Oceania home page, click on already booked, click on the left side where it says "sign in or register." Sign in and scroll down to your cruise summary. Click on "make dining reservations."

If you are not within the signup date based on your category, you will not be able to make the reservations.

How about that- 3 people answering at the same time!

Edited by arima22

Do not give up on calling Oceania if you continue to have problems. When I called them this morning to check on our reservations and ask my question, I waited less than 5 minutes to talk to a human and received very courteous service and information. The number I call was 800-531-5658 though I am not sure if this is a dining reservations only number or a more general one. As said you do have to check in to already booked to book online and you do have to have your booking number to do that. Once you are checked in there, it is pretty straight forward if the computers are cooperating.

Edited by tvmovielover

• 2 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this seemed like the most recent one on the topic. Is it possible to make reservation for 4 (or 6) without providing the names of the people with whom you're sharing the table and then invite people you've met onboard? This was discussed in my cruise's roll call (and no one knew): often, as you meet new people onboard, you might like to have dinner with them, but you don't necessarily know who in advance.

Thanks!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but this seemed like the most recent one on the topic. Is it possible to make reservation for 4 (or 6) without providing the names of the people with whom you're sharing the table and then invite people you've met onboard? This was discussed in my cruise's roll call (and no one knew): often, as you meet new people onboard, you might like to have dinner with them, but you don't necessarily know who in advance.

Thanks!

I don't think so. In order to book online you have to have the names and reservation numbers of the other diners. You MIGHT be able to do so if you speak to a customer service rep but even they ask for this information.

Mura

Thanks!

Sorry, no. You cannot hold empty seats.

If you booked a table for 6 when there were just the two of you it would mean that 4 others could not book that time slot in advance. There is limited seating and how would O deal with no-shows.

Anyway, once on board attend the booking desk in the morning along with your new found friend(s) and see if O can move one you to the other's booking time/date/venue. They might not have room to move your friend to the same time as your reservation in Polo but might be able to move you both to a new time in Jacques etc. It could take a fair bit of juggling is the reason I suggest you visit the Reservation Desk together

Or get your butler(s) to coordinate with it :)

If you are thinking of certain people on your Roll Call it would be best and far simpler for you all to book it now.

We have enjoyed many evenings dining with fellow pax on O, new and old; and look forward seeing them on future sailings.

Edited by YoHoHo