Buying an FCD Onboard - Your Experience

cp556

In your experience, how long after buying a Future Cruise Deposit onboard did you wait to receive the confirmation in your cabin?

Just interested in your experience of wait time. THANKS!

This last time it was several days. Perhaps it was longer, and the time went by faster than I thought. It was long enough that I had no idea what was in the envelope when I saw it.

I have also had it by the next evening.

I think it all depends on when in the cruise you are making the purchase. Early in the cruise the FCC hasn't gotten as busy yet, and can get to the paperwork quickly. As the cruise goes on, more and more people are sitting there waiting their turn. The FCC doesn't have time to catch up with the ever-increasing work to finish up on.

In your experience, how long after buying a Future Cruise Deposit onboard did you wait to receive the confirmation in your cabin?

Just interested in your experience of wait time. THANKS!

The only important factor is that you receive it before getting off the ship ;)

Is the Future Cruise Deposit charged to your onboard account, or do they require separate payment?

They do not charge to onboard account. You can use the same credit card if you wish, but it is billed separately and immediately.

I used one deposit to book a Bermuda cruise while on the Z this month and bought a second open deposit. After a few days I still had not received the second deposit in my mailbox and I happened to look online and found that we were booked twice for the same Bermuda cruise with two different booking numbers. One cruise had the cabin we booked and the other was a guarantee cabin.

It meant waiting around the future cruise desk to get it corrected. After it was corrected we received our FCD quite promptly.

Purchased a FCC on my NE/Canada this past October,,and booked our August Alaska cruisetour. Two days later received a phone call from the FCC dept.....I and won a 7 day- two pax Caribbean/Mexican cruise. Huge surprise, and this will be a mother/ daughter cruise for my 65th birthday.

Marilyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We typically have gotten ours the next day but depends when during the cruise you make the deposit. With the new HAL system it really makes sense to get several $100 FCDs. You can add the additional funds when you book the cruise if needed because it is a longer trip and if you end up not using it at all you get you money back.

We have don it several times no problems' date=' some times I buy 2 or 3 at a time for each of us. It is the best ROI there is ..[/quote']

Sorry but I have a hard time with all the abbreviations.... :o

What is ROI?

Thanks.

I usually receive the FCC's within two or maybe three days of purchasing them. It's never been a problem as far as I remember.

Sorry but I have a hard time with all the abbreviations.... :o

What is ROI?

Thanks.

I usually receive the FCC's within two or maybe three days of purchasing them. It's never been a problem as far as I remember.

I think it means Return on Investment.

I think it means Return on Investment.

:rolleyes: How in the world did you figure that out? :D :eek:

I never, not ever, would have come up with that.

Everything seems to be abbreviated these days and I struggle with lots of them.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks for your help.

It depends where you work. ROI & ROE (return on expense) are pretty common terms in some circles.

Thanks for your help.

I am an accountant. Hear the term constantly. I find google is helpful too.

Edited by cruz chic

Purchased a FCC on my NE/Canada this past October,,and booked our August Alaska cruisetour. Two days later received a phone call from the FCC dept.....I and won a 7 day- two pax Caribbean/Mexican cruise. Huge surprise, and this will be a mother/ daughter cruise for my 65th birthday.

Marilyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Congratulations!!

I used one deposit to book a Bermuda cruise while on the Z this month and bought a second open deposit. After a few days I still had not received the second deposit in my mailbox and I happened to look online and found that we were booked twice for the same Bermuda cruise with two different booking numbers. One cruise had the cabin we booked and the other was a guarantee cabin.

It meant waiting around the future cruise desk to get it corrected. After it was corrected we received our FCD quite promptly.

Glad you checked online and saw that the FCC had made a mistake.

It probably would have been harder to straighten out everything once you got home.