Who was the best cruise performer you ever saw?

Lorene Yarnell, on Norway. She starred in "The Will Rogers Follies" in the theater, and around the ship she was just the sweetest person ever.

Other favorite: Attilio, a magician. His show was wonderful, and his closing comment, "Do you really want to know?", brought tears and a standing ovation.

We have not seen any really big name performers. And, I don't remember the names of the ones we have seen. But, the one performer that stands out was little, short, Italian lady who played the violin. She played beautifully but introduced a lot of humor to her act. Many people had chosen not to attend and were sorry after hearing all of the rave reviews that they had missed her.

The worst was a comedian, who was older and his jokes were bad and old. He used a patriotic ending to get people leaving on a positive note. When we saw him listed on another cruise, we did something else.

We really enjoyed Jordan Peterson, the piano bar singer with Celebrity. Also, Bert Stratton with Princess.

As far as more popular cruise ship acts, we loved the Unexpected Boys (a Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons tribute group).

LOVED the Unexpected Boys on our Explorer cruise!

The Abba Tribute Band: Adbacadabra. Saw them on Freedom of the Seas. It was like being at a rock concert, not a cruise ship show. Of course, you have to like Abba music but it was a ton of fun.

They still sail some Royal Caribbean ships. Check out their schedule:

http://www.adbacadabra.com/tour.html

• 4 weeks later...

Not one of the more well know entertainers these days, but us "old farts' will remember him . . . Marty Allen.

He and his wife (Karen Kate Blackwell) put on a great show. Where most main shows run about 45 minutes; Marty and Kate went almost two hours! He sort of appologized,

"Folks, I didn't mean to go on so long, but I was just having so much fun. That, and I wanted to try to prove something . . . That's it is possible to entertain, to be a commedian and not have to resort to vulgarities, profanities or bigotry . . . "

He was SO RIGHT. Not a single obscenity or degrading remark all night. What an entertainer !

The next day (sea day) we were in Lido and they were looking for an open table. Asked if they could sit with us. Very pleasant prople. A joy to be around!

We were surprised a number of years ago when we reluctantly went to the show (can't remember which ship). Figured it was just some has-been singer. Turned out it was one of the original Letterman. This nice looking man came out with his black rhinestone studded tux, sang and used slides of his group from years ago, magically worked into the performance. Turned out to be one of the best shows we've ever seen on a cruise ship.....and I almost didn't go!

Anyone else remember this one?

The two big name performers we saw on cruises were Al Martino and Vic Damone. Neither was our cup of tea.

The performance I enjoyed the most was Worbey & Farrell on the Maasdam. They're a comedic piano duo.