Captain on Veendam summer cruises Qc>NEngland

holacanada

Hi fellow cruisers !

Does someone could answer me? I want to know who is the captain of Veendam this summer aboard Veendam. I've had known several but I'm curious to know if this officer is not yet known to me.

Happy Cruising to all of you !

Holacanada boarding the Veendam in 39 days, 17 hours and 22 minutes.

Currently, Chris Norman. We weren't big fans.... Once I get home, I'll write a complete (positives and negatives) review of our QC-BOS on the Veendam. (Got off this morning and sitting in Logan now)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

We sailed with the very wonderful Captain Peter Bos on Veendam last summer. Perhaps he is still one of the two Veendam Captains or has he moved to a different ship?

We sailed with the very wonderful Captain Peter Bos on Veendam last summer. Perhaps he is still one of the two Veendam Captains or has he moved to a different ship?

He has moved to the Oosterdam. Venndam's loss. Oosterdam's gain!

He has moved to the Oosterdam. Venndam's loss. Oosterdam's gain!

Lucky Oosterdam. She has two GREAT Captains.

Captain Henk Draper is currently Master on Oosterdam and he's one of HAL's best IMO

Captain Henk Draper is currently Master on Oosterdam and he's one of HAL's best IMO

I found him very unsocial. You never saw him out and about on the ship the whole 2 weeks I was on her. To each his own I guess.

Hi fellow cruisers !

Does someone could answer me? I want to know who is the captain of Veendam this summer aboard Veendam. I've had known several but I'm curious to know if this officer is not yet known to me.

Happy Cruising to all of you !

Holacanada boarding the Veendam in 39 days, 17 hours and 22 minutes.

Capt. Eric van der Wal will be Veendam's master for most of the summer

I found him very unsocial. You never saw him out and about on the ship the whole 2 weeks I was on her. To each his own I guess.

This used to be unusual, but we are seeing this a lot more now, especially with Captains and Hotel Directors and not just on 7 day cruises.

Maybe HAL is working in the direction of having the CD do all the pax interaction. It might be better overall, given that so many of the high-up Officers seem to want to stay hidden.

Welcome back Copper. Do you know who will be the Captain, HM and CD for the VOV July 12 on the Veendam? Thanks for the info.

Capt - Eric van der Wal

HD - Simon de Boer

CD - Bruce Allen Scudder, a VOV veteran and a good one!

Capt - Eric van der Wal

HD - Simon de Boer

Welcome home!

You had promised to to try to give me Rotterdam's lineup for out Sep 6 cruise. ;)

Welcome home!

You had promised to to try to give me Rotterdam's lineup for out Sep 6 cruise. ;)

Which I'm assuming would be the same for the August 2 cruise. Either way, I'd love to know. Also, any way of knowing who the Adagio Strings/Duo will be?

Capt - Eric van der Wal

HD - Simon de Boer

Copper10-8,

Does this mean that Bruce will not be assigned to the Volendam for the Trans Pacific and Australian Circumnavigation cruises later this year?

Edited by erewhon

This used to be unusual, but we are seeing this a lot more now, especially with Captains and Hotel Directors and not just on 7 day cruises.

Maybe HAL is working in the direction of having the CD do all the pax interaction. It might be better overall, given that so many of the high-up Officers seem to want to stay hidden.

For years now we have rarely seen the captains and hotel managers our and about.

And there are so many new ones.

With CD's having so little staff under them, you rarely see them roaming around the ship.

Thank-you for the review. Our first HAL cruise was on the Veendam about 8 or 9 years ago. The funny thing is that I cannot remember much about the ship, but I remember having a wonderful time on her.

The continued lacklustre reviews of her though have us convinced to avoid the ship for any future cruises.

Let me tell you something. Pieter Bos is right up there with the best. I will board the Oosterdam in five weeks and I hope I get Captain Bos. He is outstanding in Alaska. I was blessed to sail with him several times when he was on the Volendam and each trip was a joy.

Capt - Eric van der Wal

HD - Simon de Boer

John it is good to be reading your posts again. Welcome back. I will be on the Oosterdam from July 6-20. Who is Captain for that sailing?

Himself

Which I'm assuming would be the same for the August 2 cruise. Either way, I'd love to know. Also, any way of knowing who the Adagio Strings/Duo will be?

The two Adagio's for the 02 AUG voyage of RTDM are Vladyslav Rudyi (piano) & Alla Yokovyak (violin)

Copper10-8,

Does this mean that Bruce will not be assigned to the Volendam for the Trans Pacific and Australian Circumnavigation cruises later this year?

VODM's CD for her 24 SEP trans-Pac will also be Bruce Allen Scudder, a busy man, staying 'till early DEC