Slow Sea Princess

I have now had further discussions with Princess Cruises and the Blood Bank. It appears the solution for me is to stay on the ship and not get off in PNG. The Blood Bank sees this as similar to transitting through international airports. That is, it is not considered entry to a country and is therefore not a risk for contracting diseases.

It looks like my cruise will now be a purely Australian domestic one!

Shame that the itineraries have stuffed you (and others) around, but I am glad it will work for you. :D

TMUG - I have so much respect for you, that you are prepared to give up part of your cruise in order to be able to continue giving blood.

I say thank you on behalf of all those who have received the gift of blood to save their lives. I am a cancer survivor and through the generosity of people such as you am now well enough to cruise.

Thank you in not enough.

TMUG - I have so much respect for you, that you are prepared to give up part of your cruise in order to be able to continue giving blood.

I say thank you on behalf of all those who have received the gift of blood to save their lives. I am a cancer survivor and through the generosity of people such as you am now well enough to cruise.

Thank you in not enough.

Agreed, I am also a survivor and know how precious life is.:D

I'm in my 2nd year, technically in remission but believing I will get the all clear when I get to the 10 years.

I always loved travelling but since the cancer I just don't have the energy to do the independent travel. Even the thought of 6 am wake up calls, on the bus at 7.30 for 10 hours coach travel is just a thing of the past. I am just so glad I got to see what I did and didn't delay seeing the world.

Now is time to be spoilt rotten on a cruise ship, get up if and when I want, get off the ship if and when I want and spend the whole day on my balcony with room service if and when I want. Learning to appreciate every day and have no regrets.

Funny thing is that hubby would never travel with me, I always did it alone or with friends, but after my last of 18 chemo rounds he agreed to come on a cruise around NZ with me, sort of my reward for a year from hell. Now he is addicted to cruising with a big capital A. We have done 6 together in the last 2 years, he is making up for lost time and I will not argue!!

Edited by Tara Jane

I'm in my 2nd year, technically in remission but believing I will get the all clear when I get to the 10 years.

I always love travelling but since the cancer I just don't have the energy to do the solo trave. Even the thought of 6 am wake up calls, on the bus at 7.30 for 10 hours coach travel is just a thing of the past. I am just so glad I got to see what I did and didn't delay seeing the world.

Now is time to be spoilt rotten on a cruise ship, get up if and when I want, get off the ship if and when I want and spend the whole day on my balcony with room service if and when I want. Learning to appreciate every day and have no regrets.

That's the way, be positive. Cruising is a good therapy. Good luck to all on here impacted upon by Cancer.

I have just noticed in our booking for 26 night cruise leaving Fremantle on 8th July that the first port Lombok has disappeared, so cruise starts with 6 ship days. I can't see any other changes at present, a little disappointed as one of the tours I was looking forward to. No word re. this from Princess yet!:

Edited by suey

I have just noticed in our booking for 26 night cruise leaving Fremantle on 8th July that the first port Lombok has disappeared, so cruise starts with 6 ship days. I can't see any other changes at present, a little disappointed as one of the tours I was looking forward to. No word re. this from Princess yet!:

I suggest you give them a call and get them to confirm it, also to see where , if anything, they are replacing that port with and/or compensation for the change. One week to go and you would think that they will tell you these things, very shabby.:(

The 2-week cruise starting on June 22 has changed its itinerary due to this 'technical difficulty'. One of the changes is that it's missing Bali and going to Alotau, PNG instead, as the only international port.

I am considering the personal consequences of travelling to PNG. PNG appears to be the principal country with a particular strain of relapsing malaria.

Are there any other blood donors who have considered the effects of this itinerary change? I understand that travel to Bali incurs a 4-month suspension for donating whole blood whereas a trip to PNG incurs a 3-year suspension.

My husband and I are both donors. We had to stay off the list for a year after going to Roatan in Central America. We too look to see where the 'do not sail' countries are now before we plan a cruise.

I haven't heard about staying on the ship! I will have to check the American Red Cross and see if they too allow that! Between the two of us, we have over 17 gallons so far! I can't imagine how many people we have helped! It is something we can do to help our fellow man.

Also, do you carry your card onboard with you? We have heard calls over the speakers for donors but they like to take only ones who have their cards with them. We now carry all the time!

That would be a shame, as we loved Lombok, and I feel six consecutive sea days is too many.

My husband and I are both donors. We had to stay off the list for a year after going to Roatan in Central America. We too look to see where the 'do not sail' countries are now before we plan a cruise.

I haven't heard about staying on the ship! I will have to check the American Red Cross and see if they too allow that! Between the two of us, we have over 17 gallons so far! I can't imagine how many people we have helped! It is something we can do to help our fellow man.

Also, do you carry your card onboard with you? We have heard calls over the speakers for donors but they like to take only ones who have their cards with them. We now carry all the time!

I am sure multiple people have benefited from your generous donations. Good idea to carry the cards as well for those who wish to donate while abroad.:D

"Please be advised that Sea Princess has experienced technical difficulties which have resulted in our inability to operate at full speed. This in no way compromises the safety of our guests and crew which is our highest priority; however, our technical experts have determined that we will be unable to visit Lombok on July 12. Instead, Sea Princess will now spend the day at sea. Additionally, the calls to Langkawi and Phuket have been reversed. Sea Princess will now call to Phuket on 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM on July 17 and to Langkawi from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM on July 18. Pre-reserved Princess shore excursions in Lombok have been cancelled and updated tour information in Langkawi and Phuket will be available on the Cruise Personalizer shortly. As a goodwill gesture, each guest will receive a credit of $200 AUD applied to their onboard account. Thank you for your attention to this notification. We apologize for any disappointment these changes may cause and look forward to welcoming you on board Sea Princess.":(

I am just wondering when Princess is going to let people know when the technical problem with sun princess will be fixed. It's not fair to change intineraries when they know well in advance the ship is not capable of sticking to the scheduled ports. At the moment anyone booked or booking with Sun Princess cannot count on the itinerary they have selected.

Very poor Princess.

Sue

I am just wondering when Princess is going to let people know when the technical problem with sun princess will be fixed. It's not fair to change intineraries when they know well in advance the ship is not capable of sticking to the scheduled ports. At the moment anyone booked or booking with Sun Princess cannot count on the itinerary they have selected.

Very poor Princess.

Sue

Agreed, Princess seems to be dropping the ball on this one.:D

Looks like Sea Princess is not scheduled for dry dock til Oct 2015 and not for" routine maint".......sounds like she might need more work.

Sent from my VS930 4G using Forums mobile app

Wow.....that's a lot of disappointed cruisers between now and next year in October if they are just going to limp along between now and then.

Very disappointing from my favourite cruise line.

Sue

Am currently on Sea Princess - we have been leisurely cruising up the Qld coast in calm seas at 14 knots.

No other problems experienced thus far and no ports rescheduled on this cruise due to proximity.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Forums mobile app

Am currently on Sea Princess - we have been leisurely cruising up the Qld coast in calm seas at 14 knots.

No other problems experienced thus far and no ports rescheduled on this cruise due to proximity.

That is good to know that your cruise isn't being affected at least. Enjoy.:D

14 knots? perhaps that is her maximum speed at the moment. Enjoy your cruise !

Not sure if 14 knots is her max at moment but that's all we got to for the cruise up from Brisbane thus far. No crew is advising of any mechanical issue even if asked.

Off we head to Cairns....