Grandeur suite passengers

I am under the impression this is only good for any suite above a Junior Suite. JS's are not included in this. Anything above a JS and Pinnacle ("Gold Card")get the special breakfast, apart from the Diamond breakfast.

Maybe someone else can clarify.

Gwen :)

I am under the impression this is only good for any suite above a Junior Suite. JS's are not included in this. Anything above a JS and Pinnacle ("Gold Card")get the special breakfast, apart from the Diamond breakfast.

That would be my understanding as well. All typical suite perks are for GS and higher (Gold card) which eliminates JS from those considerations. Aside from embarkation / disembarkation priority and double points, there are no other suite advantages associated with a JS.

BTW although they are issued a Gold card, Pinnacle C & A members do not share in all of the suite benefits provided - many, but not all.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It is only for "Gold" colored card passengers which would be JS and higher suites. If Pinnacle members have a gold colored card, it includes them as well.

From direct experience, JS is not issued a Gold card as it is not considered a "full" suite. JS is issued a Silver card with no suite benefits, other than those mentioned in my post #6.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We were on the Grandeur for its most recent cruise and in a suite.

Breakfast was served in Giovanni's for suite guests (gold cards) and Pinnacles.

…and it was EXCELLENT.

Edited by beachnative

It is only for "Gold" colored card passengers which would be JS and higher suites. If Pinnacle members have a gold colored card, it includes them as well.

JS DO NOT get a gold card and DO NOT have access to the CL( unless you are D+ or pinnacle in your own right) or any of the suite only bennies such as access to the breakfast in the specialty restaurant

I am just curious how long ago you cruised on the Grandeur? Things seem to be changing a lot lately so I wondered if this was a recent experience. Thanks!

We cruised May 16-23, 2014, on Grandeur, as did another poster who responded, and the breakfast for gold card holders was in Giovanni's Table. Junior Suite does not give you a gold card.

Thanks to everyone for the information. I had looked through the website and could not find that information anywhere. It mentions being available on two classes of ships but not the Grandeur.

Does anyone know if the website shows it?

I am not certain if the website shows it, but if you've booked a full suite, you should get an email from the concierge about a week before the cruise. It will have a lot of information regarding the perks you'll receive for booking a suite. Enjoy the cruise! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you. Give me some more information on the diamond breakfast. We enjoyed this a few years ago, but I did not know it was still being offered. Thanks.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were first time diamond cruisers on the grandeur in March 2014. We enjoyed the diamond breakfast. The service was speedy and there was never a line.

Where was the diamond breakfast held, and how did you find out about it? Thanks.

Where was the diamond breakfast held, and how did you find out about it? Thanks.

If there is a Diamond breakfast, details will be in the welcome letters in your stateroom when you arrive. There's no advance booking or booking on board, you just show up.

We were in a suite on our last cruise on Grandeur and tried the breakfast in Giovanni's. We were not impressed. Much prefer the Diamond Breakfast. The menu was very limited in Giovanni's. We only went once since we decided that the Diamond breakfast was much better.

Of course if you are not Diamond or higher and are staying in a suite then Giovanni's would be nice for you if you don't mind the limited menu.

If there is a Diamond breakfast, details will be in the welcome letters in your stateroom when you arrive. There's no advance booking or booking on board, you just show up.

Thanks. I think the operative word in your response is 'if' .

I am not certain if the website shows it, but if you've booked a full suite, you should get an email from the concierge about a week before the cruise. It will have a lot of information regarding the perks you'll receive for booking a suite. Enjoy the cruise! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

actually we got told at Cocktail hour the first night by a waiter who was also handing out the dining package flyers. we had no email from the Concierge prior.

Thanks. I think the operative word in your response is 'if' .

That's correct, because it's totally up to each individual ship if this perk is offered. It is supposed to be on every ship without a dedicated Diamond Lounge. After ships have been retrofitted with a dedicated DL, some choose to discontinue the Diamond breakfast, and some don't. It may also depend on the particular Food & Beverage manager or Hotel Director, so you may find a ship that doesn't have the Diamond Breakfast one cruise and several months later has it again.