Celebrity Webpage Changes GOOD NEWS!

SWORRUB1

I have previously saved X a few $$ by always (68 times now) booking directly with them instead of using a TA. Due to their website, I am now booking with a TA, costing them commission, and am now going to call the TA with any issue I have. I may be replacing one issue with another but we shall see.

Still bad news for us...

they do list our ports but have ones for other ports loaded in that are not on our cruise and none for one port...so we can't book any excursions...

that is more than a maint issue!

Edited by hcat

Still bad news for us...

they do list our ports but have ones for other ports loaded in that are not on our cruise and none for one port...so we can't book any excursions...

that is more than a maint issue!

Similar issues still remain, just when I thought it was working this morning.:D

Still a mess for me. Hoping it does get better on the 10th.......this is getting old.

Why do you think it will get better on the 10th? At this point I'm just happy we could get our cruise docs for Alaska.

Mary Lou

Decided to make our final payment a few weeks early due to all the talk about problems with the website.

When I looked in Manage my Reservation I found the obc and other entitlements are completely scrambled. Contacted Celebrity by email and was assured that the benefits are still there on our booking, but just don't appear in a readable form on the website.

I continued with the final payment and all looked fine until I received the confirmation email. Our 13 night Eastern Mediterranean cruise is now listed as a 7 night Galapagos inner loop itinerary!!

Now I understand why there are so many posts about the state of the Celebrity website....

Decided to make our final payment a few weeks early due to all the talk about problems with the website.

When I looked in Manage my Reservation I found the obc and other entitlements are completely scrambled. Contacted Celebrity by email and was assured that the benefits are still there on our booking, but just don't appear in a readable form on the website.

I continued with the final payment and all looked fine until I received the confirmation email. Our 13 night Eastern Mediterranean cruise is now listed as a 7 night Galapagos inner loop itinerary!!

Now I understand why there are so many posts about the state of the Celebrity website....

That is still a fantastic itinerary, so I wouldn't worry too much.:p

It really is shocking, hope they realise that they are losing customers due to these issues.:(

Glad some are having success, I can get logged in see reservation on initial page but can't go past that. Selecting Manage Reservation and it shows site under maintenance. Browser makes no difference and clearing cache no difference so still not all running okay.

Same problem I am having.

Let me preface this rant with saying we love Celebrity and chose to spend our 30th wedding anniversary on our 40th cruise with Celebrity,

But why in the world can't they have a properly working website?

Maybe Kathleen Sebelius has taken a new job over at Celebrity? :eek:

That was just a joke and to those of you who may be offended, I apologize.

But I am very frustrated at their website and even their reps are incompetent.

I've been trying since yesterday to book an Alcove on my next cruise coming up in August. I can book dining but not the Alcoves and sometimes I can't even view my reservation!

I called X and after being on hold for 20 minutes and then inexplicably transferred to another rep, who confirmed I should be able to do this on line so when I asked if he could please do this for me he said "Oh no, I can't do that only a PCC can do that" and transferred me over there.

But surprise, surprise! They weren't open yet. He should have known that.

I know Celebrity is cutting back on most things but they shouldn't be cutting back on their customer service staff and training.

And come on Celebrity! Can't you have a working website by now?

I'll post back here if I have any success. Thanks for listening!

Edited by webecruzin2

The web site is driving me crazy! I've been trying to manage my booking for over a week now. I can see my reservation, but get the maintenance page when I click on Manage Booking. And I've tried two different internet browsers on different computers just in case.

I can understand if they're doing maintenance for a couple of hours, but not being able to get in in over a week is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things have improved for me. I can login, and see "My Reservation". If I follow "Manage Reservation" and choose "View Reservation", I get site maintenance again. :mad: However, if I choose "Manage Reservation" and "Explore Cruise Planner" instead, I can then choose "My Reservation" at the top of the page, then "Cruise Summary" and it actually works. I can access "Order History" too.

Bottom line is that I can get to what I need, but have to take a circuitous route. :rolleyes:

This work around worked for me, thanks!!

This work around worked for me, thanks!!

Oh good, glad it helps some. I have given up on getting in the old way. They obviously have a broken link from "View Reservation", and don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it.

Things have improved for me. I can login, and see "My Reservation". If I follow "Manage Reservation" and choose "View Reservation", I get site maintenance again. :mad: However, if I choose "Manage Reservation" and "Explore Cruise Planner" instead, I can then choose "My Reservation" at the top of the page, then "Cruise Summary" and it actually works. I can access "Order History" too.

Bottom line is that I can get to what I need, but have to take a circuitous route. :rolleyes:

What a great discovery, worked for me too. What a difference in how it looks now, I can see why the issues .. pretty major differences. Looks nice at quick glance so may end up being worth the pain in the end ... unless this page part of the reservation always showed this way and I've been asleep but don't recall this option before.

They need to get to the end result faster, and perhaps a notice on the front page to let their clients know more would help.

Edited to add I tried in Chrome only.

Edited by poffles

What a great discovery, worked for me too. What a difference in how it looks now, I can see why the issues .. pretty major differences. Looks nice at quick glance so may end up being worth the pain in the end ... unless this page part of the reservation always showed this way and I've been asleep but don't recall this option before.

They need to get to the end result faster, and perhaps a notice on the front page to let their clients know more would help.

Edited to add I tried in Chrome only.

I tried it that way as well and I can only get as far as viewing the cruise planner page and no further.

BTW in ref. to my earlier post. I have still not received a reply from my PCC even though I left a voice message and an email with him this morning.

Big M, I tried a dummy booking, and it idoesn't appear to be working properly, obviously I didn't go all the way through with it. Give X or your TA a call.:D

Thanks Mic. Would have thought something serious like that would have been fixed more quickly, but they seem to be having lots of issues.

Thanks Mic. Would have thought something serious like that would have been fixed more quickly, but they seem to be having lots of issues.

Yeah, this will be something that would put a lot of people off.

They may think "If you can't even make a booking on their website, how bad must the cruise line be run". Anyway, I hope it gets resolved soon.:D

Finally was able to get into the Cruise Planner page but no success booking an Alcove.

Called Celebrity several times and each time they suggested contacting my PTC which I did - never received a reply - or calling the Captains Club.

Captains Club rep said no more alcoves available on our sailing.

Unfortunately I didn't see that there is contact info on the website for specialty dining dept.

But thanks to a CC poster for suggesting that to someone else, I emailed them and received an almost immediate reply that they were holding both sea days for us. Woo hoo! We're 2 happy cruisers! :D

And isn't it something that the CC members here have better info than the X reps? Another reason why we love CC.

Not one rep that I spoke to gave me the correct information.

We still favor Celebrity but they really do need to improve staff training as well as fix their website.

Finally was able to get into the Cruise Planner page but no success booking an Alcove.

Called Celebrity several times and each time they suggested contacting my PTC which I did - never received a reply - or calling the Captains Club.

Captains Club rep said no more alcoves available on our sailing.

Unfortunately I didn't see that there is contact info on the website for specialty dining dept.

But thanks to a CC poster for suggesting that to someone else, I emailed them and received an almost immediate reply that they were holding both sea days for us. Woo hoo! We're 2 happy cruisers! :D

And isn't it something that the CC members here have better info than the X reps? Another reason why we love CC.

Not one rep that I spoke to gave me the correct information.

We still favor Celebrity but they really do need to improve staff training as well as fix their website.

Agree with you in regards to CC being great, the staff knowledge (or lack there of) and the website being poor.

...and still a few issues remain.

I can now see my beverage packages, I cant see the on board credit though.

I tried booking some excursions and ended up being charged twice, however got through to Customer services really quickly when they opened on Sunday morning and the credit had been processed. Finally made it to my credit card account today, 7 days on from the problem, so the system works if a little slowly!

Cant book certain excursions from within the cruise planner as they dont exist there, but do exist before you log in , strange really strange, this will mean that either we wont go as we cant book it, or it will be cancelled because no-one knows of it!

Other little glitches exist such as the webpage doesnt like the word Helens which is in my address it is Ok though with 'H elens' !

Have requested luggage tags but doesnt seem to be a record of that!

eDocs dont mention the beverages or the OBC

All in all I would say that the webpage has improved but still needs shining up!

Edited by SWORRUB1

I have two future bookings on Celebrity. When I log in to My Celebrity, both bookings show up. When I click on Manage Reservation, one of the bookings opens up just fine. But when I try to open the other, I get the following message in red:

The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation.

This problem has been happening for over a week. Yesterday I called website support to report the problem and they said it should be fixed within 24 hours. Still waiting...

I have two future bookings on Celebrity. When I log in to My Celebrity, both bookings show up. When I click on Manage Reservation, one of the bookings opens up just fine. But when I try to open the other, I get the following message in red:

The system is currently unable to handle your request for retrieving your reservation.

This problem has been happening for over a week. Yesterday I called website support to report the problem and they said it should be fixed within 24 hours. Still waiting...

This is such a common issue on this website that I cannot believe it still isn't fixed permanently.:(

Edited by MicCanberra