New itineraries for 2016?

Aussie Gal

When does Oceania release their new itineraries for the first half of 2016.

We are hoping that the Marina will be doing the Tahiti to New York cruise that she has done for the past 3 years as we so want to visit Easter Island.

Jennie

Yes, typically in September the cruises, at least through the summer of 2016 should be out.

Check some of the postings here. Isn't the Easter Islands on the list of places where the portages often gets cancelled, for various reasons, and the ships by pass the place? I'd hate to spend the money and time for a cruise with one of those destinations as my main reason for going! :(

I think Easter Island rarely gets cancelled. We just did this on Oceania and came back last month. I think the tour operator we used on the island said he remembers cruises be cancelled only once. It is a very interesting place and we spent 2 days there. I didn't know what to expect there but it exceeded any expectations we had of it.

Pitcarin Island is one where you probably will not go. I know Oceania lists it but the chances of landing there are slim to none. You do dock outside the island and the people from the island come on board to give talks and to sell items they make. I mean come on - the island only has like 50 residents. Do you really think they are equipped to handle an influx of 1200 passengers??

Yes, typically in September the cruises, at least through the summer of 2016 should be out.

Check some of the postings here. Isn't the Easter Islands on the list of places where the portages often gets cancelled, for various reasons, and the ships by pass the place? I'd hate to spend the money and time for a cruise with one of those destinations as my main reason for going! :(

Thanks everyone for your input. I will start looking in September.

The reason we are wanting to do this cruise is because of the two days spent on Easter Island. We have already missed out once on not being able to land when we used another Cruise line as the Captain deemed it to be too rough to land though the seas were quite flat, and going with Oceania gives us a 2 in 1 chance of getting ashore.

We have friends who have taken this cruise both this year and last year and all have been able to go ashore. I know that other than flying to the island is probably the only real chance of going ashore, but at least we know that going with Oceania we are in for a lovely cruise and we will end up in New York at the end of the cruise which is one of our most favourite cities.

Jennie

We have two cruises lined up for 2015 already. Excited to see what these new cruises might be. We are either wanting a Far East ( with Bangkok in it) cruise or one of the cruises around the Norway coast and up to the Artic Circle.

O seems to only run one cruise up to the Artic Circle, which fills quickly, but multiple ones throughout the Baltic. :mad: Maybe it's a matter of the ice flows!

Pinot Lover, book the Arctic when it first comes out or go on at least a wait list. You will love going up the coast and to Spitzbergen, the Arctic, etc. etc. O does a wonderful job on that trip. Still in my memories.

Wish they would do the Antarctica. Since they don't, we did it on another line this year and the trip was fantastic, but I would think that O would have a fabulous trip there also. If they go back, we will go back on O for sure.

Edited by spindrift

Pinot Lover, book the Arctic when it first comes out or go on at least a wait list. You will love going up the coast and to Spitzbergen, the Arctic, etc. etc. O does a wonderful job on that trip. Still in my memories.

Wish they would do the Antarctica. Since they don't, we did it on another line this year and the trip was fantastic, but I would think that O would have a fabulous trip there also. If they go back, we will go back on O for sure.

They used to do one. But just a drive by. Not wanting to stir the pot but if you really want to do an Arctic or Antarctic try Silversea and their Explorer. Fantastic journey and the point is the scenery and the animals and having real naturalists as your CD and staff is just fantastic.

PaulMCO, Been on Silver Sea & love it, but not in the Antarctica. We had the naturalists on board our trip this January as well as folks from Palmer station. We also had a well-known speaker whose uncle was one of the explorers years ago. I'm drawing a blank on name right now (guess Happy Hour is affecting me. :p).

I just think it is wonderful. We were booked on O's trip there, but my Mother was ill, and we could not go away for that long so we only did around the Horn from BA to Valpairiso. That, too, was a lovely trip.

Spendthrift;

We are booked on a cruise in Sept, probably when the new 2016 schedule comes out. So hopefully in Oct. we can still book the cruise. Might be able to book on ship, but since it's later summer, the cruise may not yet be open in Sept.