To All The Sailaway Addicts

mamaofami

I am missing those sailaway parties as well!

Carol, hope your DH gets the all clear!

Chief.....hoping your DW has a speedy recovery.

Kathi, I really enjoyed your world cruise blog....thanks for taking us along!

Shrimp 56...have a great time on the Noordam....I am doing the same cruise on Oct. 8th....do let us know how it was!

Hope everyone has a wonderful summer!

Marge

This addict is providing TLC to DW who had surgery yesterday for a huge 7cm shoulder rotator cuff tear.

Hopefully, we can get through this and enjoy our scheduled late August Eurodam Viking Passage cruise from Copenhagen to NYC.

Miss our sail-away fun times. Enjoy your summer. B.

Hope your DH heals well and quickly.

This addict is providing TLC to DW who had surgery yesterday for a huge 7cm shoulder rotator cuff tear.

Hopefully, we can get through this and enjoy our scheduled late August Eurodam Viking Passage cruise from Copenhagen to NYC.

We wish DWAliaschief a speedy recovery. Go heavy on the protein!

All those cruises sound great.

Chief, I hope your wife has a speedy and uneventful recovery along with some good PT.

We're waiting till Dh meets with his surgeon on Wednesday to get clearance to cruise, so nothing is booked. I would like to do the Can/New Eng. cruise again.

I miss all you guys, but don't want summer to pass too quickly.

Chief and Carol, I hope your DH and DW are back to full health soon. Chief, have a great time on the Eurodam. Are we up for a sailaway from New York on September 14?

My next trip is scout camp the last week in June. Two months from today I'll be in Vancouver waiting for the Radiance of the Seas to Alaska. I'll be joined by my brother and his friend who will be off to Denali while I come back on the Statendam.

Roy

Welcome home! don't worry about being behind in planning. There's lots of time to catch up:D

Thanks for starting this thread Carol - it's nice to hear from everyone and see what they have been up to.

Here's hoping for quick healing and good health to the DW's and DH's of our sail away addicts.

Master Marley, our Mascot is nearly a year old, but still 'just a puppy'. These dogs take a LONG time to grow up:p He is HUGE and still has some growing to do. He is good 95% of the time but has decided he likes the sound of ripping paper. I found out the hard way and had to tell my roll calls that my dog ate my homework (my cabin listings) and ask them to re-send them:o

Finally warm weather has arrived and we are frantically trying to catch up in the gardens.

Looking forward to our cruise on the Prinsendam in September - 30 day Med & Black Sea despite the change in ports (due to the strife in the Ukraine).

Next year, we meet a number of the sail a way addicts and re-connect with a few others on the Westerdam for the 'sail a way gang's' Panama cruise on the Queen of Horns. I think we are going to have fun:D We're just not sure who will be left to watch us wave:D

I plan to be watching. I would love to be with you but it's just too close to my Crystal Serenity/Prinsendam combination.

Roy

The Dutch "ui" (which actually means "onion" but that's a different story altogether) is very hard to pronounce for non-Dutch speakers. "Zwee"-derdam is not close

The closest you can get to it is by pronouncing it "Zey-der-dam"

Thanks, Copper.

We are also looking forward to the Westerdam's Panama Canal cruise next year with some of "the gang". At least she is easy to pronounce!:D

Hi John, good to see you around again! Just did an amazing day last weekend as a Guardian for a WWII vet with Space Coast Honor Flight and am still re-living the amazing day we had in Washington, DC. Incredible what those men and women did, especially today, D-Day +70 years.

Thanks to all our vets, US, Canadian and British, who gave us.... today and all the days since....:)

Rich, thank you for what you are doing for our heroes.

The Enchantment is my favorite RCI ship. From their schedule it looks like Captain Gus Andersson should be coming back from vacation sometime in mid-October. If you get him, be sure to be on deck for sailaway. He loves to use the horn leaving Port Canaveral.

Are you still planning on the Ryndam for New Years?

Roy

I plan to be watching. I would love to be with you but it's just too close to my Crystal Serenity/Prinsendam combination.

Roy

Nice to know someone will be watching :D We'll be waving to you :D

Welcome home! don't worry about being behind in planning. There's lots of time to catch up:D

Thanks for starting this thread Carol - it's nice to hear from everyone and see what they have been up to.

Here's hoping for quick healing and good health to the DW's and DH's of our sail away addicts.

Master Marley, our Mascot is nearly a year old, but still 'just a puppy'. These dogs take a LONG time to grow up:p He is HUGE and still has some growing to do. He is good 95% of the time but has decided he likes the sound of ripping paper. I found out the hard way and had to tell my roll calls that my dog ate my homework (my cabin listings) and ask them to re-send them:o

Finally warm weather has arrived and we are frantically trying to catch up in the gardens.

Looking forward to our cruise on the Prinsendam in September - 30 day Med & Black Sea despite the change in ports (due to the strife in the Ukraine).

Next year, we meet a number of the sail a way addicts and re-connect with a few others on the Westerdam for the 'sail a way gang's' Panama cruise on the Queen of Horns. I think we are going to have fun:D We're just not sure who will be left to watch us wave:D

We have done several Westerdam repositioning cruises. But now that the Neptune Lounge on that ship isn't having all the goodies like the other ships, sadly we won't sail on her any more. And neither of us is about to stand in a line all the time asking for this and that.

The best repositioning cruise we had on that ship was in 2013. She did 5 Caribbean ports before going through the canal. It was 21 days to San Diego where the majority of us got off the ship. After that she did a 42 day Hawaiian and Tahiti cruise before going to Seattle to start the Alaskan season.

Hi, Sailaway group. I recognize several of your names. Many of you have helped me with my questions and also choosing my HAL cruises. Thank you for taking your time to reply.

Looks like a lot of you have wonderful cruise plans ahead. How did you meet and form your group?

Enjoy your cruises.

How did you meet and form your group?

Susie - These are the people who tune in to the webcam and watch the ships sail from Port Everglades in the fall & winter (Northern Hemisphere).

As POA1 says, most of us have only "met" online, especially on the sailaway threads. I have only me kazu in person (at a St. John coffee shop when the Veendam was docked there), and innlady1 when the Grande Caribe was visiting Nanutcket. I think MANY of the group were on kazu's first Prinsendam cruise. I'm sure others have met on various cruises but it's mostly been online.

I think I actually broached the subject of my in person meetings on various sailaway threads.

Roy

One 7-day HAL cruise coming up very shortly' date=' and I have a deposit on the Sailaway cruise but have still to persuade hubby.:D[/quote']

We certainly hope you will join us :)

Saw the title of this thread and thought: yay! a sailaway! .....guess not :(

We just had our first tropical day here, temp's up to 30 Celcius. It's a long weekend due to holiday on monday, so enjoying the weather :D

I had to change our vacation plans for next year and unfortunately had to cancel our cruise.I just started a new job in May so all plans got crossed out. Ah well.....aiming for 2016 now. :)

We just had our first tropical day here, temp's up to 30 Celcius. It's a long weekend due to holiday on monday, so enjoying the weather :D.......................

Pinksteren? All the best with the new job!

We just had our first tropical day here, temp's up to 30 Celcius. It's a long weekend due to holiday on monday, so enjoying the weather :D

I had to change our vacation plans for next year and unfortunately had to cancel our cruise.I just started a new job in May so all plans got crossed out. Ah well.....aiming for 2016 now. :)

I thought so too, when I first saw the title! Oh, well, it's nice to stay in touch outside of "Sailaway Season"! Good luck with the new job. My DD, I think, is going to look into that cruise you cancelled, and I was going to tell her to get in touch with you! Maybe next time!

I thought so too, when I first saw the title! Oh, well, it's nice to stay in touch outside of "Sailaway Season"! Good luck with the new job. My DD, I think, is going to look into that cruise you cancelled, and I was going to tell her to get in touch with you! Maybe next time!

owjjjjj that's too bad, that would have been great. And I was so looking forward to trying to spot you all in Cartagena :( Ah well. At least there will be 1 person watching your sailaway then :D

Greetings fellow Sailaway Addicts!

Just returned from a family reunion in Maryland where I got to meet my 5, almost 6 month old Grand-Nephew for the first time. With the size of his feet, he may become an excellent swimmer!

I am very busy working with other college classmates in planning our 50th Reunion in 2015 as well as fund raising for a major class gift for this significant event.

No cruises as of yet planned, but I am looking/shopping/thinking.

Will probably do an Amtrak trip before I cruise again inasmuch as I have an eVoucher from Amtrak to use as well as a plane ticket to use from my canceled May Zuiderdam voyage.

While I miss our sailaways, I enjoy watching the activity at Port Everglades (Caribbean Princess entering the channel as I type this), Port Canaveral, New York, and Bermuda.

Let see, just got back from 18 days on the Zaandam up in Alaska. Missed our 107 degree weather while we were gone, thanks goodness. Beautiful weather up in Alaska, sunny, sunny, sunny, in the 60's. Now spending a quiet summer at home but have some plans at the end of September.

Go Califonria Chrome........:D:D:D