To All The Sailaway Addicts

mamaofami

Hello SailAway Friends. When is the beginning of SailAway season this year? I am wondering if I will miss it. I will be cruising out of Barcelona Oct 19 on Noordam's TA with a couple other members of the SailAway Gang! We will be sailing into FLL on Monday, Nov 3.

Well, I think some of us have been watching sailaways all Summer long from Port Canaveral, Bermuda, New York, etc. No, there aren't any blue hulls. But, it is stilll a great way for me to end my late afternoon day (in the EDT Zone) with an adult beverage or two and, particularly with the Fort Lauderdale audio's Marine Radio Traffic as well as the Port Canaveral's audio of music from Fishlips, I think.

Not really aware of others who are in attendance although the web site's web cam numbers show that many are connected. But, it is still fun and I really enjoy watching the sailaways and listening, particularly to the Port Everglades chatter. (I. E., the Pilot says to someone on shore: "We are ready to sail! Where is the jetway operator so that the jetway can be removed?" Unfortunately, I have yet to hear such a response.)

Hello SailAway Friends. When is the beginning of SailAway season this year? I am wondering if I will miss it. I will be cruising out of Barcelona Oct 19 on Noordam's TA with a couple other members of the SailAway Gang! We will be sailing into FLL on Monday, Nov 3.

The first HAL sail-away from Port Everglades I could find is October 17. There are a couple of HAL sail-aways from NYC before that.

Boarding Eurodam tomorrow in Copenhagen and arrive NYC Sept 14. So 14th could be first official Dam Sail-Away of the year.

We are ready to experience the Viking Passage.

What a great itinerary! Shetland, Islands, Faroe Islands, Iceland and 2 stops in Greenland. Not your typical cruise ports! Have a great time.

September 14th out of NYC is the first HAL sail-away I have found, and then one more on October 4th before the FLL season starts.

What time is he ship due to sail from New York?

Hope you have a fabulous cruise.

Are you settled in your new home?

QM2 sails at 1700, 40 minutes from now.

Logging onto the website I also see that Dave and Lou just brought up a Tampa webcam. Sounds good for the Ryndam's final season.

Roy

QM2 sails at 1700, 40 minutes from now.

Logging onto the website I also see that Dave and Lou just brought up a Tampa webcam. Sounds good for the Ryndam's final season.

Roy

I'm watching. Have to wave to Mumsysailor!:D

Bon Voyage Mumsey.

In addition to the Eurodam's September 14 and October 4 NYC sailaways it will also be there on a port call October 28 on it's repo to Florida. I'll be sailing on QM2 the same day. If people watch the NYC 2 in 1 webcam both images will be shown together.

Roy

A BIG Bon Voyage to Mumsy - can you imagine that cruise with those musicians on board? fabulous!

Looks like I will miss the first few sail a ways. I'll be Turkey and the general area by then on the EE.

bummer - I'll try to catch up when I get back. Have fun addicts = We'll just have to watch our ship sail away from port ;)

The Port Cam covers the area near the Manhattan cruise terminal where Eurodam will dock. The Harbor Cam covers the lower bay. The Eurodam will be on the port cam initially, and if by itself the best coverage would transfer to the harbor cam about a half hour after sailaway.

There are also cruise terminals in Brooklyn and New Jersey. On October 4 Royal Princess and October 28 QM2 will leave Brooklyn and will be featured on the Harbor Cam for the first 30 minutes while the port cam will follow the Eurodam. Around 5:30 Royal Princess or QM2 will clear under the Verizzano bridge and the Harbor cam will shift to the Eurodam which will have moved into it's range.

Roy

Boarding Eurodam tomorrow in Copenhagen and arrive NYC Sept 14. So 14th could be first official Dam Sail-Away of the year.

We are ready to experience the Viking Passage.

Have a great time Chief! Hope the weather cooperates with you in the Sund! Please tell Doug I said hi

The first ever Tampa webcam sailaway is today at 1600 Eastern, Carnival Paradise.

http://porttampawebcam.com/

Roy

That's a nice set-up and, like Port Everglades, with good audio........................well, we're also getting an ATC audio mixed in, Tampa International airport, perhaps:)

Edited by Copper10-8

That's a nice set-up and, like Port Everglades, with good audio........................well, we're also getting an ATC audio mixed in, Tampa International airport, perhaps:)

Thanks. That's good to know. We're up in Maine now, so looking at the webcam is like being at home, but with much, better summer weather. :cool:

Edited by POA1

Thanks for the heads up on the Tampa web cam. Watching now.....:D

You can see a glimpse of the ss American Victory, a preserved Liberty-class military transport ship and now a floating museum, behind the Carnival Paradise

Edited by Copper10-8