Looks like drink vouchers are here to stay

This is terrific news. RCI experimented and came up with a great solution. Last December many were predicting D+ would get kicked out of the Concierge Club. Do we have any new dire predictions?

Frankly, except for the "big-windowed" CL's, I would love to get kicked out. We always go to the DL on ships with the "closet" CL's. I love having the choice depending on what ship I'm on.

I think this is an excellent solution to gently relieve the overcrowding. We D+ and Pinnacles now can go to the CL, the DL, or other lounges on any given night. Win-win-win!!

Is it possible to get more than one drink at a time? Can I send DH to get drinks to have on our balcony or while I'm getting ready or will we both have to go?

He'd have to take both your SeaPass cards with him. The voucher program they tried out last December only allowed one drink at a time from a single SeaPass card.

If you are lounge-hopping with these electronic vouchers, don't forget to tip the bartenders and waiters.

We usually tip the bar staff in the DL or CL the equivalent of the gratuity that is added to a normal drink order on the ship, but at the end of the cruise. So I will be doing the same thing for the vouchered drinks, too, except for each voucher. They give you a receipt, so tell them to add a tip when they take your order.

When you say EOS ---- are you referring to the Enchantment or Explorer???

Thanks! :D

They were on Explorer when I sailed in March.

I never use 3 letter abbreviations for the reason you brought up. I use the two letter designation the ships crew use.

EX Explorer

EN Enchantment

On Jewel in August. No email and no Diamond lounge. So wine it will be. Why do they have to roll out slowly across the fleet? This seems like a very easy IT programming fix. Maybe they will include Jewel soon since it is one of the few ships without a dedicated lounge.

from what I have read throughout this forum, nothing seems to be an easy IT fix for royal lol

Millie- I'm hoping they have started on the Explorer. Would be great to have them for our cruise next week!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, we are on Explorer in 18 days (June 28) and I got the email today! So, hopefully it will be in place for your cruise next week.

Thank you, RCCL, for this nice perk on ships that don't offer dedicated Diamond Lounges!

Stacy

This makes me happy.

I sailed on Independence of the Seas in March when they were doing the voucher trial. Since that was my first cruise as Diamond, and my friend who was sailing with me wasn't yet Diamond (that cruise did get him to Diamond), it was very nice to be able to hang out with him in Olive or Twist and enjoy our pre-/post-dinner drinks together.

Our next cruise is in October, and we're sailing with a whole bunch of friends, most of whom will be on their second Royal Caribbean cruise. Once again, we'll be able to hang out with the group while my friend and I will be able to enjoy our Diamond drinks in the evening.

Yes, we are on Explorer in 18 days (June 28) and I got the email today! So, hopefully it will be in place for your cruise next week.

Thank you, RCCL, for this nice perk on ships that don't offer dedicated Diamond Lounges!

Stacy

Thanks Stacy! :D

And thanks RCCL............now please.....pretty please send me an email about June 19! LOL:D

This is terrific news. RCI experimented and came up with a great solution. Last December many were predicting D+ would get kicked out of the Concierge Club. Do we have any new dire predictions?

Yes. (I don't want to disappoint you!)

RC is trying to get rid of Concierges in another cost-cutting move.

Yes. (I don't want to disappoint you!)

RC is trying to get rid of Concierges in another cost-cutting move.

Trying? Is the Concierge union stopping them? Where do we get this stuff? I must have missed that meeting. Seriously it's all rumors. I heard they wanted to get rid of the Cruise Directors and let the Activities Directors take over.

Doesn't matter to me, never thought they were all that useful anyway.

I spoke with Joy in Customer Relations (I was on the phone about some isolation credit), and she confirmed the Diamond and up drink coupons.

Loved how Sasha had the Diamond lounge set up on our Transatlantic on the Legend. They had several drinks set up on a table and you took one as you entered the venue.

Wonder how we'll know which drinks are Diamond drinks and which are extra fees.

We had a rather interesting experience with Sasha on the Legend Panama Canal cruise on 4/1/14. The first night we went to the DL, I asked for a Bloody Mary - my normal before dinner drink in DLs or CLs. It's a simple bar drink - nothing fancy - just vodka and bloody mary mix (which is just spiced tomato juice) with a couple of olives and a lime slice. DH ordered a glass of wine.

After 20 minutes with no drinks, we asked Sasha what was going on. I was informed by Sasha that Bloody Marys were not on the drink list for the DL or the CL on Legend. I questioned this! I pointed out that we regularly get Bloody Marys in the DL and CL on other ships, and since they had both orange juice and pineapple juice as mixers right there at the bar in the DL, why not Bloody Mary mix, which is just basically tomato juice. "Nope," he said, "we can't make BMs in either the DL or the CL. It's not on 'the list'." (And since I asked for an drink that was not on 'the list' apparently they decided not to bring DH his wine either.) So we left the DL and went to the CL where a Bloody Mary (along with DH's wine) was served within about 3 minutes with no question and no problem whatsoever! (Evidently it IS on 'the list' in the CL on Legend!) This aggravated me!

We are D+ so we can use both lounges, but we had friends on Legend who were D and we would have preferred to hang with them. But…I tend to be…well…a little bit contrary and stubborn at times.:eek: Sorry, it's just me.:o I like my Bloody Mary before dinner - I'm a one drink per evening kind of girl (okay okay…make that old lady) and that's what I want most nights.

So…the next day I got a glass of tomato juice with plastic wrap topping from the Windjammer at breakfast and kept it in our ice bucket all day. (I mentioned that I tend to be contrary and stubborn, right?) That night we went to the DL again and I told Sasha "Good news! I brought my own tomato juice from the WJ so I could get my Bloody Mary!" Guess what he said! "No, the bartender is not allowed to make a BM even if you brought the tomato juice!" Huh? So, as I am a bit contrary and stubborn, I told him to bring me vodka straight up, a slice of lime, 2 olives on a pick, a swizzle stick, and a tall glass full of ice. I made my own Bloody Mary that night.

Needless to say, we went to the CL, where the Bloody Marys were easily available, each night for the rest of the cruise. And we did NOT give Sasha a WOW! We probably would have given him an UN-WOW if that was possible.

(I'm glad to know he did please others on the TA, though.)

What do you bet it'll be a cinch to get my Bloody Mary with the voucher? I'm a happy camper - Woo Hoo!:D

Judy

I think that this will be an awesome addition to the C&A benefits. We often cruise with friends who are Platinum and not able to join us in the lounges. Now we can have a drink with them and still feel like we are getting our free benefit. Does this mean that we can order a glass of wine on our way to dinner and take it in with us? That would be lovely!

We're on Navigator Nov. 30th and Seranade Dec. 20th, so we're looking forward to vouchers. However, we're on Celebrity Summit Sept. 21st. Does anyone know if this policy will be in effect on the Summit? Has Celebrity made it fleet wide? It wasn't on the Reflection in March.

Edited by Pstreet12