Is this a good price for Explorer to Bermuda

Looking at September cruise for $1240 for 2 in a Promenade stateroom on explorer for 5 night Bermuda cruise. This includes taxes and fees for both people. Base room Rate is 445 per person. Is this a good price for this type of room? Also, is September too late to go to Bermuda? When does the weather start to get more rough. Thanks

Looking at September cruise for $1240 for 2 in a Promenade stateroom on explorer for 5 night Bermuda cruise. This includes taxes and fees for both people. Base room Rate is 445 per person. Is this a good price for this type of room? Also, is September too late to go to Bermuda? When does the weather start to get more rough. Thanks

We did the same cruise last August for $549pp (before taxes) for an inside guarantee. You have a better stateroom, but a month later, so I'd say it's about the same as our deal, which I thought was OK, not great.

We did the same cruise last August for $549pp (before taxes) for an inside guarantee. You have a better stateroom, but a month later, so I'd say it's about the same as our deal, which I thought was OK, not great.

Thanks! Seems like a good deal at under $100 per person per night, and it is after labor day so I am hoping there will be less kids than a summer sailing. The promenade room was only a few dollars more than an interior; I felt with the port time a balcony was not a big deal and would have taken an inside. I made another post regarding things to do in Bermuda. Hopefully you see it and have some suggestions.

Bermuda cruises are stupid expensive, IMO. That is a decent price.

And you have to figure into the equation the fact that you don't have to pay for airfare to get to Bayonne.

:)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Thanks! Seems like a good deal at under $100 per person per night, and it is after labor day so I am hoping there will be less kids than a summer sailing. The promenade room was only a few dollars more than an interior; I felt with the port time a balcony was not a big deal and would have taken an inside. I made another post regarding things to do in Bermuda. Hopefully you see it and have some suggestions.

Just wanted to point out that it's $124 per night per person.

Pricing is purely a matter of supply and demand, but that pricing seems good. More importantly, if it is within your budget than it should be fine. Check other available weeks in your schedule to compare.

Hurricane season is from June through November. That being said, the weather can be calm or stormy at anytime during this period and there is no predicting, nor any specific time, that it will be more active than not, and the correlating sea conditions can be calm or rough at any time. And just because it is the hurricane season, there is no certainty that a storm will occur at all. In other words it is impossible say how the weather will be in September.

September will be as good a time as any to sail to Bermuda and is beginning to start the latter part of the cruise season for that port of call.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Just wanted to point out that it's $124 per night per person.

I was computing cost per night per person off just the room fare, not counting the taxes. Of course the taxes must be paid but for comparison purposes it is easiest to just look at room fare. And yes, no airfare needed. :D

I am researching this cruise or to go on NCL Breakaway. I had a less than great experience with NCL in the past with long waits for dining but that was a different ship. I have been on Explorer before; never to Bermuda. Breakaway is a new ship as well to their fleet and to us.

... I made another post regarding things to do in Bermuda. Hopefully you see it and have some suggestions.

We did the same cruise twce last year, once in April and once in August. In April it was cool and rainy, so we did the Crystal Caves, zoo, and aquarium. In August it was much warmer, so we did a snorkel excursion.

Back from the May 17 Explorer to Bermuda (review in my sig if you like).

Two of our party had a Promenade cabin and their cost was $850.00 each All in (fare, taxes, fees and gratuities.)

Note: Explorer often sells out and, as you get closer to sailing, prices can go absolutely crazy. In 2010, about two months before sailing, price for insides on Deck 3 were MORE expensive than my balcony on Deck 8. That's always luck of the draw but it happened this last cruise also.

Enjoy your trip.

Edited by JohnGaltny

We went to Bermuda from Bayonne on Explorer on October 14-21, 2012. The first day at sea was cool. But, Bermuda was great. We were able to swim and had a great time. the ocean water takes longer to warm [and cool] than land. So it is still warm in September and October. . . otherwise it would not support hurricanes.

Bermuda is near perfect in September. No humidity, warm weather and warm waters. :)

Bermuda cruises are stupid expensive, IMO. That is a decent price.

And you have to figure into the equation the fact that you don't have to pay for airfare to get to Bayonne.

:)

Totally agree with you Merion_Mom... 5-night Bermuda in July/August is comparable cost as a week on Allure or Oasis. We did 7-night Bermuda last October for $549PP in a balcony room and are doing the 5-night this October for 749PP in a Junior Suite (20th Anniversary cruise). We love Bermuda and it seems to be a much better 'bargain' in late September/October than trying to do it during the summer months.

Is $2800 for four in an inside on the Norwegian Breakaway for 7 nights August 30, 2015 a good price?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I know it is sort of comparing Apples to Oranges, but earlier this year, when NCL had the 3rd/4th passenger free promo. I was quoted $1900 for 4 in an inside with $100 obc for late May, early June.

Though, I ended up sticking with my upcoming cruise on the Gradeur to the Bahamas in August, as I also got it for a total of $1900 all in for 2 inside cabins, double occupancy with $100 OBC per cabin.

I've been watching 5 night Bermudas. That's a decent price. I paid $619pp (July, add tax and fees + 50 wow obc) for an M when there were about 18 left because there was 1 room left that wasn't way back or forward. The next week they went to $559 pp but the rooms were all inside/inside aft (in those interior corridors).

I saw some inside guarantees for May/June ~379-419-519 depending on when you booked. These are all insides/guarantees and promenades are usually higher. You may see the prices go down a bit more after final.

Edited by marci22

I know it is sort of comparing Apples to Oranges, but earlier this year, when NCL had the 3rd/4th passenger free promo. I was quoted $1900 for 4 in an inside with $100 obc for late May, early June.

Though, I ended up sticking with my upcoming cruise on the Gradeur to the Bahamas in August, as I also got it for a total of $1900 all in for 2 inside cabins, double occupancy with $100 OBC per cabin.

how did you get that awesome price on grandeur. if I could get that price I would jump ship for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk